• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘I kill for God’

Rampage suspect in court: 'I kill for God'
    28-year-old accused of shooting to death 6 people, wounding 4 others
    The Associated Press
    updated 7:58 p.m. CT, Fri., Sept. 5, 2008
    MOUNT VERNON, Wash. - "I kill for God. I listen to God," a man accused of a northwest Washington shooting rampage said Friday at a hearing where six charges of first-degree murder and four of first-degree assault were filed against him.

Isaac Zamora made the chilling comment twice at the brief hearing in Skagit County District Court while investigators wrapped up their work at eight crime scenes. The 28-year-old is being held on $5 million bail in the wake of Tuesday's rampage, which left six people dead and four injured.

District Court Judge Warren Gilbert read each charge and the penalties, which carry a maximum sentence of life in prison. That doesn't mean the death penalty is off the table, according to the Skagit County prosecutor.

"Do you talk about it? Sure you talk about it," Prosecutor Rich Weyrich told the Skagit Valley Herald. "Where it goes, it's way too early to decide that."

Zamora was not required to enter a plea Friday. The charges filed in District Court allow Zamora to be held in custody for 30 days. He will later be formally charged in county Superior Court.

A hearing has been set for Oct. 3.

Killing spree
    The affidavit for probable cause, with details in support of the charges, remains sealed for 10 more days while the investigation continues.

The attacks began near Zamora's mother's home near the tiny town of Alger, 70 miles north of Seattle, and continued on Interstate 5. After a high-speed police pursuit, Zamora surrendered at a sheriff's office in Mount Vernon, about 20 miles south of Alger.

Among the dead was Skagit County Deputy Sheriff Anne Jackson, who had gone to check on Zamora after his mother called authorities.

Also killed were a man shot at the same location as Jackson; two male construction workers shot nearby; a 48-year-old woman found a few houses away; and a 64-year-old motorist killed along I-5 near a rest stop, authorities said. Two people were wounded near Alger — one by stabbing — and two were wounded on the freeway, including a state trooper.

Zamora, who has a long record of run-ins with the law, had been admitted several times to hospitals for mental health treatment and attempted suicide several times, his friends and family said.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26567167/
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Chances are if any God, or higher power is telling you to kill - your nuts not faithful.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

-god was probably his last name. Anti was his first...

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Hi texaschickeee,

This is medically known as "command hallucination". The person supposedly "hears voices" telling him what to do. Most people who report "hearing voices", that they know aren't coming from the ordinary air movement that connects to normal hearing, are not more dangerous than average people who don't.

Some persons report being told to do violence, and many exceptionally violent psychotics report command hallucinations. This seems to me to be in their cases due to a mental mechanism by which they try to shunt off some of the responsibility for their actions which they recognize to be abhorrent.

The mechanism is apparently operational as a perceptual abberation in many persons and consequently at least sometimes available to, or perhaps impingent upon, pschotic killers in the described pernicious form.

For the "Son of Sam" killer, the putative source of the voices was his neighbor's "dog". For this guy, the voices came from "God". (Maybe one of them's dyslexic. )

St. Joan of Arc claimed to hear voices from God, too. She led soldiers into battle, was a competent strategist, and tactician, a charismatic motivational and political and religious speaker, killed lots of people, and was herself later killed.

I think it's horrible that these wrongful killings were done, and my thoughts and prayers go out to the murdered persons and to their families and friends, and I hope what is right is done regarding the person who did the atrocities.

Sad about this grim thing,

Regards,

Monty

Comment

That only works if your name is Ellwood and you add:

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
            Hi texaschickeee,

This is medically known as "command hallucination". The person supposedly "hears voices" telling him what to do. Most people who report "hearing voices", that they know aren't coming from the ordinary air movement that connects to normal hearing, are not more dangerous than average people who don't.

Regards,

Monty
            Monty- As a Mental health worker I know what it is and what it is called.
            Far more people say this to get out of...rather then have MI problems.

but thanks for explaining it to those who dont know.
            Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
              Hi texaschickeee,

Some persons report being told to do violence, and many exceptionally violent psychotics report command hallucinations. This seems to me to be in their cases due to a mental mechanism by which they try to shunt off some of the responsibility for their actions which they recognize to be abhorrent.

The mechanism is apparently operational as a perceptual abberation in many persons and consequently at least sometimes available to, or perhaps impingent upon, pschotic killers in the described pernicious form.

St. Joan of Arc claimed to hear voices from God, too. She led soldiers into battle, was a competent strategist, and tactician, a charismatic motivational and political and religious speaker, killed lots of people, and was herself later killed.

Regards,

Monty

OMG, you have just classified the majority of the characters named in religious and historic writings - The Bible, The Koran, The Torah, etc.

Now, I suppose you are going to enlighten all of us about the fallacies of those great books, how they are fictional and created for entertainment, lies to covet the masses, to lead the less intelligent and to create control mechanisms for the pious to lead the ignorant? How Blasphemous!

Have you no faith? Are you a non-believer? My gracious, the conduct of some children's people! Unbelievable!!!
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              V
              The above is all tongue-in-cheek humor...
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee
                Monty- As a Mental health worker I know what it is and what it is called.
                Far more people say this to get out of...rather then have MI problems.

but thanks for explaining it to those who dont know.
                Hi texaschickeee,

Sorry if I seemed condescending. Thanks for being nice about it.

... This seems to me to be in their cases due to a mental mechanism by which they try to shunt off some of the responsibility for their actions which they recognize to be abhorrent.
                I added the bold attribute to indicate why I think you and I see eye to eye on that aspect of this, even though I was more verbose about it than you were.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

But Sarge, the OmniCommander's semivisible Light Colonel told me that not lying to the Armorer would get me in trouble with you!

Comment

Hey texaschickee,

I started to think of your "MI" abbreviation as "myocardial infarction" instead of as "mental illness" when I read SgtCHP's post.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                      Chances are if any God, or higher power is telling you to kill - your nuts not faithful.

Originally posted by Sarah Palin
                      Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

oh well if he was killing for god....we better let him go. we dont want god upset at us
                        "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally Posted by texaschickeee
                          Originally Posted by Sarah Palin
                          Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God
                          Rolling on the ground laughing.

*cough* Abraham *cough* Ahem
                          They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

So, absolutely no possibility that Mr Zamora is teeing up his insanity defence nice and early?
                            I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Hmm, funny ... I have the exact opposite problem ... MY God-voice is always telling me NOT to kill people.

Lucky bastard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qapa7Xv4H-M (language)
                              Last edited by JoePublic; 09-09-2008, 12:31 PM.
                              There is nothing to see here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5802 users online. 315 members and 5487 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X