• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops looking for youngsters who burned pit bull to death

By DAVID GAMBACORTA
    Philadelphia Daily News
    [email protected] 215-854-5994

Motivated by whatever inspires the minds of the sadistic, three or four youngsters burned a pit bull to a crisp Thursday.

The kids first took the dog for a walk. Then, when they got to their destination - the rail tracks near the Olney train station - they went to work, covering the pit bull with a towel, dousing it with lighter fluid and finally setting the mutt ablaze, said George Bengal, chief law-enforcement officer for the Pennsylvania SPCA.

PSPCA officials yesterday announced a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and prosecution of the sickos who burned the pit bull to death.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news..._to_death.html

Hell, if these kids found themselves near me, it'd look like they were shot a few hundred times, without a gun.

That is sad! Poor pup depends on humans for more than food. Undivided love is all they ever offer. No judgments, no hate and great trust.

It is a proven fact that violence against animals of such a degree is a precursor to violence against humans. I hope the little bastards are caught and kenneled.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

"PSPCA officials yesterday announced a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and prosecution of the sickos who burned the pit bull to death."

Please, for the love of all things holy, tell me that this is actually the phrase used by the reporter!
      son, if you keep this up, soon you'll inherit the family mullet!

Comment

Originally posted by iammitch View Post
        "PSPCA officials yesterday announced a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and prosecution of the sickos who burned the pit bull to death."

Please, for the love of all things holy, tell me that this is actually the phrase used by the reporter!
        "Alleged sickos" is what was actually used.

Comment

The jerked off morons that did this need to be blindfolded and let loose on the expressway on foot. Or better yet, dropped out of a helicopter over the ocean. 35 seconds after the drop, you can drop them a parachute. Let them figure it out.
          Then if they survive, they have to swim 15 miles or so to land.
          Pitbulls are not vicious in nature. They are taught to be viscous. They live to please their master.
          If that means being aggressive, they will do it. If that means jumping on you and kissing you, that do that too.
          To the person that did this to that dog , I hope God gives them cancer.

Comment

Now what if we firebombed them like they pretty much did to the dog? It'd make a good TV show.

Comment

Sometimes some of the people cruel enough to perpetrate dogfighting are even crueler to their dogs when they lose a fight without dying.

But this story as written I think deserves a somewhat skeptical review of some of its elements.

Motivated by whatever inspires the minds of the sadistic, three or four youngsters burned a pit bull to a crisp Thursday.
              Just the facts, please. There is insufficient evidence presented later in this article to establish this statement as true. Imputing in the article anything about motivation without providing any commentary showing evidence of motivation is irresponsible reporting. Was it in fact sadistic to burn the animal? Is it known for sure that the animal was alive at the time of the burning? How could that be known at the scene if no-one reported witnessing that specific thing. Basic observation couldn't determine that regarding an animal that had been burned "to a crisp". Could someone have been given the task of disposing of the bodies of animals that had been killed in dogfights? Is it possible that it wasn't "three or four youngsters" that were responsible?
              The kids first took the dog for a walk.
              How does anyone know this?
              Then, when they got to their destination - the rail tracks near the Olney train station - they went to work, covering the pit bull with a towel, dousing it with lighter fluid and finally setting the mutt ablaze, said George Bengal, chief law-enforcement officer for the Pennsylvania SPCA.
              Huh? The SPCA is a not a Law Enforcement Agency. It's a not-for-profit organization. So Mr. Bengal is not correctly decribed as "chief law-enforcement officer for the Pennsylvania SPCA". Some SPCA personnel are sworn as animal cruelty officers in some jurisdictions. I don't know whether he is maybe an animal cruelty Law Enforcement Officer, or perhaps a spokesman for the SPCA on LE matters. Was Mr. Bengal present for all the events recounted in the statements attributed to him in the article? Obviously not. The reporter attributes to Mr. Bengal a statement that at best must include surmises. There is nothing presented in the article that shows any original source for the factuality of any of the content of the statement. Was the dog carcass found to have been chained to something? Does anyone seriously suppose a live pit bull wouldn't fight someone if possible in such a situation? A towel was mentioned; restraints were not mentioned.
              PSPCA officials yesterday announced a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and prosecution of the sickos who burned the pit bull to death.
              The use of the term "PCPSA officials" in this context, again suggests that the PSPCA is a government agency, which it in fact isn't. Any PCPSA personnel who are sworn animal cruelty officers are sworn in by a government agency, not by the PCPSA. Is the "sickos" characterization from the PSPCA or from the reporter? That's not clear from the sentence as written. Either way, there is no source presented in the article to establish that the dog was burned to death. I think it's safe to allow that a burned dog carcass was in fact found. What evidence is offered that the dog wasn't already dead when burned? I didn't see any.
              Local residents spotted "three or four juveniles" near the scene Thursday night and called police.
              That seems like grounds for suspicion that 3 juveniles may been involved somehow. It seems to me a leap to presume from just this that 3 kids walked a live dog to the scene and burned the dog to death.
              Bengal said when he and his partner got out to the scene, on Tabor Road near Mascher, at about 6:15 p.m., they found cans of lighter fluid and the horrific remains of the still-smoldering dog.
              My sympathies to them on having had to deal with that. The story does not say whether Mr. Bengal and his partner were the first to arrive on the scene after police had been called, even if they found the dog's body still smoldering. The reporter presents no statements from any officers earlier responding. The 911 dispatcher would dispatch police, not the PSPCA as such, but possibly someone who was sworn LE and was also PCPSA personnel. It seems to me that the reporter doesn't quite have his facts straight. I assume the police checked the cans for prints.
              "It appears these kids had nothing better to do than set a dog on fire," he said. "It's appalling."
              This is again imputing motivation or causation not in evidence, in this instance boredom or insufficiency of occupation or inertia rather than cruelty. I agree that it's appalling, especially if the dog was alive when its body was burned.
              Investigators found tags on the dog and are trying to track down the owner, Bengal added.
              That seems to me to be a good thing to look into. If tags were left, prints might have been left, too.
              Another lifeless dog was found in a trash bag just a few feet away from the remains of the burned animal. It appeared the dog in the bag had been there for about a week, Bengal said.
              I think this is the most telling thing in the article. It will be hard to tell how long the burned dog had been dead, even after a necropsy, because of the tissue destruction from burning. But it seems to me absurd that anyone would take an already dead dog to a dumping location while walking a live dog, and then burn the live dog and dump the dead one. I think it's more likely that two dead dogs were taken to the site, and the mission to burn both of them was aborted after the commencing of the burning of the first attracted more attention than had been anticipated.
              The discovery of the dead dogs came just a few weeks after District Attorney Lynne Abraham appointed Barbara Paul, an assistant district attorney, to specifically handle animal-cruelty cases.

Abraham noted at the time that the number of animal-cruelty cases in the city were dramatically rising, and referred to research that suggested people who harm animals are more likely to commit other violent acts.
              I think that cruelty to animals is horrible, and I agree that it's a strong indicator of other potential cruelty, including in my opinion and that of others, to humans.
              "How we treat our animals is a reflection upon society as a whole," she said.
              How "we" do anything reflects on "society as a whole". The statement is a non-informative truism formulation.
              Anyone with information can contact the PSPCA at 1-866-601-SPCA or e-mail [email protected]. *
              That's good to know.

If I had been that reporter's editor, I'd have sent the story back for some improvements before letting it go to print.

God bless the poor dogs.
              Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 09-07-2008, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Monty why dontcha e-mail em' lol.

I didn't want to really hear how they did it, it just makes me want to do very explicit things (not sexual idiots) to these pos's.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                  Now what if we firebombed them like they pretty much did to the dog? It'd make a good TV show.
                  Hey Taylor,

I sympathize with the quid pro quo (this for that) "eye for eye, tooth for tooth, stripe for stripe, burning for burning" thing. But please be careful about the possibility of giving the impression that you're fascinated with thoughts of violence. Things you say here could become grist for the mill someday when you're being given your psych test during your police hiring process.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                    Hey Taylor,

I sympathize with the quid pro quo (this for that) "eye for eye, tooth for tooth, stripe for stripe, burning for burning" thing. But please be careful about the possibility of giving the impression that you're fascinated with thoughts of violence. Things you say here could become grist for the mill someday when you're being given your psych test during your police hiring process.

Regards,

Monty
                    Oh, will do

Comment

Reminds me of the ***hat in his younger years.....hopefully they don't follow in his foot steps. If there were even any kids that did this.........

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
                        Hey djblank87, I just recently watched that documentary done on "the iceman." What a NUT!! Good documentary too, if you haven’t seen it you should. Interviews the wacko on all his murders.

Pitbulls are not vicious in nature. They are taught to be viscous. They live to please their master.
                        If that means being aggressive, they will do it. If that means jumping on you and kissing you, that do that too.
                        +11111 Agreed

im glad you posted all that montey. how the heck does anyone know it was juvies that did it? or half that stuff that was just said as facts(which is just assumptions)
                        +1 No one prob knows, the news likes to take 1/4th of the true story and decide how the rest of it turns out.

P.S. Pit Bulls rule Yea I said it. They aren’t the blood sucking vampires or baby killing rabid beasts the news has them made out to be these days. They have been around for a lot longer then most people choose to realize and have never been portrayed in the light they are now. Used to be POLICE DOGS too!# I just wish Denver would get its head out of its butt and look at the stats and realize that this pit bull ban has accomplished NOTHING! And they killed all those dogs for no reason. Rant over. Sorry
                        "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." --George Orwell

"So long as there are men, there will be wars."
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

BlackSun23 I have the DVD version of that interview, I got it about a year and a half ago. The man is a sick guy, but for the people who live in a bubble and do not think bad things happen, watching that DVD is a wake up call for some of them.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

(Yes, I am a natural seasonal blond.)

Who is that guy in that picture?
                            http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
                              (Yes, I am a natural seasonal blond.)

Who is that guy in that picture?
                              Richard Kuklinski

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4617 users online. 282 members and 4335 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X