300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do this myself sometimes for a couple of reasons

1. Because I'm trying to tell you without stopping you to slow the hell down
    2. I'm assessing you, your vehicle and the number of occupants and anthing else strange.
    3. I'm on the radio

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
      Monty, why would an officer be sarcastic or confrontational on a stop? What would this accomplish? I don't understand this tactic. What would he hope to gain from this except a sarcastic and confrontational motorist.
      I'm with you completely. Garbage in, garbage out. Thank you for your understanding. I almost wrote the department both times. I just hope it doesn't happen again, because I don't know what I will do.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
        Not to offer an excuse, but many newer officers tend to get too close to the violator and forget that their roof lights may not be visible through a rearview mirror. It happens!

When I rode motors, I frequently pulled alongside a vehicle a waved the driver to the shoulder while holding back traffic. Did not use emergency lights for those stops, just the rear flashers as a warning to approaching traffic. In fact, been known for doing the same in a patrol car.
        The roof lights were visible but not operating.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4032 users online. 259 members and 3773 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X