X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASO Rooks

Thanks for the PC.

Here is a little advice in return.
    Customer service is part of LE. Treat people the way you would like your family to be treated.

Just wanted to get that off my shoulders.

Originally posted by JQL View Post
    Thanks for the PC.

Customer service is part of LE. Treat people the way you would like your family to be treated.

Get a ticket?

Comment

Don't be a tease, tell us what happened.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Thanks for the PC.

Where EXACTLY in LA County did you get stopped?.......

btw....'warm n fuzzy' isnt in the job description here in LA.....
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
          Where EXACTLY in LA County did you get stopped?.......

btw....'warm n fuzzy' isnt in the job description here in LA.....
          LOL.... probably North Hollywood... at night.

Comment

Was it Century Station?

Comment

I G N O R E
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

If you aren't a law enforcement officer, you have no right to call a new officer/deputy a rook. They have been through the hiring process and are doing the job. You haven't.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                  If you aren't a law enforcement officer, you have no right to call a new officer/deputy a rook. They have been through the hiring process and are doing the job. You haven't.
                  Heh, reminds me of a few weeks ago when some idiot called our street crimes supervisor a "stupid rookie". The guy then asked for a supervisor... and shut up real quick when said "stupid rookie" told him what was what.

Comment

Originally posted by Looker View Post
                    LOL.... probably North Hollywood... at night.
                    It they were LASD, they probably wouldnt be in NHWD....thats LAPD area.....unless they were working TSB, and were in that area for some reason
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Reading the guys posts, its probably about the PSO stuff he talked about in "Ask a Cop," and even then, he had 2 different posts about what Im guessing were the same incident, and the story was completely different both times. Smells like a troll to me.

Comment

That's why I NEVER read Ask A Cop any more. Too many trolls.

Comment

Thanks for the PC.

The customer of the police is the public that they work for who pay thier salaries.

The people who most likely are being contacted by police are the job.

So which were you a customer or a job?

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                            The customer of the police is the public that they work for who pay thier salaries.
                            I understand what you are trying to say to an extent, and it may be scemantics, but that idea is a common misperception. Take this post with a grain of salt, as I'm not trying to belittle you or the publilc. I respect the way most (including you) express your opinion in here, and although you and I may not see eye to eye, I don't think you are a troll (for the most part. ).

Ok... enough nicey nicey's.

LEO's don't work for the public. We serve the public interest at large, but we don't work for the public. We have Chiefs/Sheriffs/Marshalls and their designees that tell us what to do and how to do it. They and/or their designee hire us and fire us. We work for them.

Chiefs/Sheriffs/Marshalls are either elected or appointed: Those appointed have bosses, which would be a mayor or governor of sorts, which curtail to the public interest and political pressure to keep their careers in tact. Those appointed may be fired on the needs of those that appoint them.

Elected heads of LEO agencies don't really have bosses. They are elected like any other political incumbent, and depending on how popular or not they are dictates how much they need to bend to the ebb and flow of local public opinion. Take for example the popular Sheriff of my local county agency. He may have a few bad days here and there, but the guy is popular enough that when the brown stuff hits the fan, he usually rides it out fairly well. He hasn't had a decent challenger to his seat in my 11 years of service.

Yes, the public pays for LEO pay, which is appreciated. The public also pays for roads and a lot of other things. A member of the public has about as much of a chance of giving me an order and getting it followed as they have ordering the yellow divider lines on the pavement to do something. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to look out for you anyways. My brothers and sisters and I understand - although we HATE IT - that we may die to protect you and your family from harm. I'll just go home and complain to my wife about you when it's all said and done.

Comment

I used to be a deputy for L.A. County, then left for a smaller dept. LASD is famous for treating each other like crap, and thats why they treat the public like crap also. It's sad such a good dept is like that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6370 users online. 344 members and 6026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X