Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a question for any Cops that have/currently working in the Midwest?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a question for any Cops that have/currently working in the Midwest?

Hey everyone my name is Tyler, and I'm new to Officer.com!!

Just to give a little back on myself, I'm 18 and live in Minnesota (but was born in Dallas, Texas) and I just started college on August 25th at a two year and I plan to transfer to a four year university. My major is Law Enforcement and I plan to become a Police Officer and hopefully one get on a SWAT Team some day. I was also a Police Explorer for about two years in Minnesota which was one of the best decisions I've ever made by the way!!!!

On to my question now, and it may sound stupid question to many of you but I was wondering where in Minnesota/Midwest would be a good city to be a Police Officer in that has at least has over 50,000 people and I would at least see some action. I know that many of you are thinking "Try looking it up on the internet" or something like that. Trust me I've been looking since I was in 10th grade and since I'm the first person in family to pursue Law Enforcement I really don't know that much. I've tried asking my former explorer advisers but they haven't gotten back to me yet, and there's just so many that I don't know where to even apply at when the time comes.

So far the top five places that I would like to work are (St. Paul, Rochester, Burnsville, Apple Valley, and Chicago), I would prefer to work in Minnesota but I wouldn't mind moving to Michigan, or Illinois to work.

Rapid City, South Dakota stays pretty busy from what I hear. It's also a beautiful area to live in! (If you're into mountains and hills and whatnot)

Comment

Chicago area has TONS of local PDs. Which equals tons of oppurtunity. If you like big cities, you'll love it here.
      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

If you want some action Chicago is always a good bet. In Michigan you can always go for Detroit, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Ann Arbor. I'm pretty sure Detroit is always hiring.

If you want action, you could always try Border Patrol. You'll be on the southwest border for five to seven years after you hire on, but you'll see some action.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper_fi View Post
          If you want action, you could always try Border Patrol. You'll be on the southwest border for five to seven years after you hire on, but you'll see some action.
          you will probably also see prison time if you try to do your job.

Comment

There are several Chicago suburbs that you would most likely want to consider. Aurora, Joliet, and Rockford all have populations of over 100,000, which makes them each roughly half the population of St. Paul. They all have good parts of town and bad, and see plenty of action.
            Joliet P.D. in particular has a decent website. I don't know the URL off the top of my head, but a Google search should yield some results.

Good luck bro. Maybe ill be applying with you in a few years when I get out of school.
            son, if you keep this up, soon you'll inherit the family mullet!

Comment

If you are looking for action, I know one large Midwestern city that is actively hiring.

St. Louis, Missouri

http://www.slmpd.org/hr/commissioned.html
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6367 users online. 347 members and 6020 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X