• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ cops kick in door over bird's cries for help

Nice!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080905/...oisterous_bird

NJ cops kick in door over bird's cries for help Fri Sep 5, 7:58 PM ET

TRENTON, N.J. - Cries for help inside a Trenton, N.J., home turned out to be for the birds. Neighbors called police Wednesday morning after hearing a woman's persistent cry of "Help me! Help me!" coming from a house. Officers arrived and when no one answered the door, they kicked it in to make a rescue.

But instead of a damsel in distress, officers found a caged cockatoo with a convincing call.

It wasn't the first time the 10-year-old bird named Luna said something that brought authorities to the home of owner Evelyn DeLeon.

About seven years ago, the bird cried like a baby for hours, leading to reports of a possible abandoned baby and a visit to the home by state child welfare workers. But it was only Luna practicing a newfound sound, DeLeon says.

DeLeon says her bird learns much of her ever-growing vocabulary from watching television, in both English and Spanish.
    sigpic

haha, now thats a good story
    "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

I was at my friends house just the other day, and her parrot was screaming for hours. It sounded like a woman being beaten severely. I hope it learned that from tv also...
      son, if you keep this up, soon you'll inherit the family mullet!

Comment

LOL Just read this story on another news site. I feel bad for the owner, but maybe she needs to have the birdie watching more Sesame Street and less CSI...
        R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
        I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Sounds like the neighbors need a key to the house and some bird poison.

My neighbor has a bird, and yells at it when it squawks... Anyone got any neighbor poison??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5998 users online. 346 members and 5652 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X