300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There's a whole lot of dumb going on around here"

i have been listening to SDPD live scanner on the web http://www.scansandiego.net/cgi-bin/index.pl and this officer stopped this guy. the suspect said he was on probation and gave his name. dispatch ran the name and nothing came back, long story short the suspect had changed his name and his probation was under his old name. officer asked suspect why he didn't say that in the first place and the guy apparently said "cuz i don't use that name anymore" then the officer tells dispatch, and i kid you not "there's a whole lot of dumb going on around here" i just thought this was freaking hilarious and had to share with you all BTW SDPD is freaking busy!
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

It’s amazing what you can hear on scanners, I have herd some things that make you bust out laughing and unfortunately sometimes you hear an OIS happen and listen to the stuff hit the fan.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

very true. i use to listen to my scanner in my home town and heard an incident over the radio involving a LEO i knew. the incident ended up getting him fired and criminally charged, he has since been acquitted.
      Last edited by FireCop86; 09-06-2008, 07:37 AM.

Comment

As a dispatcher, trust me, its not all professional. There are things that make you bust out laughing, or make you go “I cant believe he just said that.”

I work in a small department, very small, so everyone knows everyone personally. One officer loves to him dueling banjos over the radio whenever we got a call to the redneck section of the city.

One officer told us to run a tag out of “Memphis (instead of Tennessee)” and there was a full 10 secs of silence before the Sgt came over the radio and said “Good job (officer’s first name), next time try running it out of Tallahassee!” My sides hurt for an hour.

Another time we had a call of a veh traveling the wrong way, heading southbound in the north bound lanes of a 4-lane highway. I gave it out, and the officer responding asked if I had a vehicle description. I responded “Be advised it’s going to be the vehicle traveling southbound in the northbound lane.”

Good times, good times. As to the topic of the thread, one officer loves saying "It's stupid call day." And he's said it more then once on the radio

Of course it can hit the fan, and that’s never good.
        Last edited by ChevyPower; 09-06-2008, 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling
        "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

I was once dispatched to a blown transformer call... when I got there I said over the radio "I think I may have found it, but I'm no expert on this type of thing..I'm not BGE"
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

I listen to the police scanner on occasion when I hear the helicopter (papa) flying around. I like to know whats going on and if the guy is armed or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyPower View Post
              As a dispatcher, trust me, its not all professional. There are things that make you bust out laughing, or make you go “I cant believe he just said that.”

I work in a small department, very small, so everyone knows everyone personally. One officer loves to him dueling banjos over the radio whenever we got a call to the redneck section of the city.

One officer told us to run a tag out of “Memphis (instead of Tennessee)” and there was a full 10 secs of silence before the Sgt came over the radio and said “Good job (officer’s first name), next time try running it out of Tallahassee!” My sides hurt for an hour.

Another time we had a call of a veh traveling the wrong way, heading southbound in the north bound lanes of a 4-lane highway. I gave it out, and the officer responding asked if I had a vehicle description. I responded “Be advised it’s going to be the vehicle traveling southbound in the northbound lane.”

Good times, good times. As to the topic of the thread, one officer loves saying "It's stupid call day." And he's said it more then once on the radio

thanks for posting this, this just made my day

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                I was once dispatched to a blown transformer call... when I got there I said over the radio "I think I may have found it, but I'm no expert on this type of thing..I'm not BGE"
                lol

Comment

K-9 buddy of mine got a call once to a Deuce crash into a light pole. He goes 10-97 and requests a medic and another unit cause the guy's lower teeth almost completely severed his lower lip, just a thread holding it all together. He's also Un-coop.

My buddy tells me another Dep gets over primary with a, "Don't let him give you any lip!" routine.

My buddy said he was laughing for 5 minutes straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Looker View Post
                    K-9 buddy of mine got a call once to a Deuce crash into a light pole. He goes 10-97 and requests a medic and another unit cause the guy's lower teeth almost completely severed his lower lip, just a thread holding it all together. He's also Un-coop.

My buddy tells me another Dep gets over primary with a, "Don't let him give you any lip!" routine.

My buddy said he was laughing for 5 minutes straight.
                    thats funny.

Comment

i think SDPD likes to use the word dumb. i was listening again last night and heard an officer say "yea this guy is HBD and dumb" lol at least i can count on SDPD to keep my entertained at night

Comment

One of my partners responded to a stray dog call one night. Partner arrives on scene and began to chase this four legged fiend in his patrol car, sometimes hopping out to try and coral this dog.

Quick side plot: I once got a rottweiler dog cornered for the unknownth time and attempted to capture it as I was tired of it escaping it's yard and turning it over to the local shelter. The dog constantly cornered folks in an aggressive manner, in their own yards. I call a a "Master K-9" handler out to assist. He pulls taser as he approaches the dog, the dog stands up, raises lip and fur, growling, and approaches this self proclaimed "K-9 Handler". The K-9 officer turns and takes off running. Eventually another Officer arrives on scene, opens his back door and says "Want to go for a ride?". The dog's behavior changes from aggressive to happy and hops right on it. I then tell the handler and partner that if only I knew that all I had to do was ask nicely...

Back to Story: So he chases this dog for a few blocks, and eventually calls in via radio "I cannot capture the 4 legged suspect".
                        I advise via radio "Open you back door to your patrol car, he might hop in."
                        Partner: "I don't think he like's the police. He's not obeying my commands."
                        I couldn't resist: "Did you advise the suspect to quit resisting?"
                        You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop86 View Post
                          i have been listening to SDPD live scanner on the web http://www.scansandiego.net/cgi-bin/index.pl and this officer stopped this guy. the suspect said he was on probation and gave his name. dispatch ran the name and nothing came back, long story short the suspect had changed his name and his probation was under his old name. officer asked suspect why he didn't say that in the first place and the guy apparently said "cuz i don't use that name anymore" then the officer tells dispatch, and i kid you not "there's a whole lot of dumb going on around here" i just thought this was freaking hilarious and had to share with you all BTW SDPD is freaking busy!

I don't think that traffic is live. I use to listen to scandiego often until I heard the same transmissions 2 days in a row.

Comment

We tend to be a little more laid back on the radio in my county. I can't tell you the number of times I've called "Meow on location" or "out with the light show" or "out with the entourage" at jobs.

One night when I was working, we had the entire County doing the meow thing on the radio.

There have been a couple of times on Christmas Eve where a Deputy will call a pursuit with the offending vehicle being a red convertible occupied 9x.

Having a little fun and maintaining professionalism are not mutually exclusive. You just have to know when it's appropriate (or not) and where the lines are.

If you REALLY want a laugh around here, listen to the SP car-to-car channel. The guys and gals working traffic details are a trip!
                            Last edited by hxd; 09-08-2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyPower View Post

As someone else here said, thanks for posting this...it made my day too!
                              Detention Deputy (In Process)

Deputy Sheriff/KS State Trooper (After Detention)

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other off." -Tommy Cooper

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2830 users online. 158 members and 2672 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X