X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-man
    replied
    Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
    sleeping at work isnt bad.....I just did my stay....

Oh remember, keep your hands tucked into your chest.....some of the guys ran around trying to figure out who to cuff to the cot.
    Nah, thats just a prank pulled on ROOKIES

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    Hope you made out OK.

We had rain on and off thru the nite, and very hard all day. Now the wind is starting to howl. Its nothing near how bad we've had before in other storms, tho. Down at the shore it's a bit worse.

Leave a comment:

• djack16
    replied
    The situation sounds dire. Good luck with that Smurfette. You deserve many kudos for that type of dedication. Too bad the general public probably won't even think of this in the future.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    what -
    He forgot to run and lay down like he was sleeping? I thought that running to base and sleeping made his day great.

Or are we into new games now.

I know one thing Smurfette......

You LOVE him.

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    He didn't actually manage to tear it apart (stuffed animal from our trip to Sea World). When I found him with the head in his mouth and paws on the tail end, I yelled his name. He literally stood up, turned around and went back to trying to eat it. Like I couldn't see him?

Then I went after him and it became a game. And he's so damn goofy about it. He bats the air with his front paws and tries to bark...w/o actually opening his mouth...all the while he's running around tables and furniture, knocking things over with his tail....he's like a bull in a china cabinet.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    NODONTDOTHAT is in the crate. The husband and I are rotating going over and letting him out to potty. He is NOT trust-worthy!! He proved that last night by eating Shamu!
    Did he get a tummy ache from all that blubber?
    *snickers*

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    poor smurfette....
    I know I live on the gulf coast too. born and raised. every year we hear

however we are L O N G over due for a storm. And when we get one, people have forgotten, so its gonna be fun. The last one was Alicia as a hurricane. That was 1982.....we have had bad rain storms and TS but not that,

I might need to come take care of NODONTDOTHAT. I bet he would love me.
    (I have dog cookies )

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    NODONTDOTHAT is in the crate. The husband and I are rotating going over and letting him out to potty. He is NOT trust-worthy!! He proved that last night by eating Shamu!

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
    Been there done that,hmmmm,just a cupla days ago).At least you shouldn't be without power if it isnt to bad.Do you get service from Duke power company? They came down here after "K" and were outstanding,outworked the local power co. 10 fold.As far as Ike it looks like he is headed straight for the gulf,it is now a race to see if an approaching cold front will get down in time to block him.

Have you heard about the gulf hurricane concert??"HANAH montana" IKE turner",and "JOSEPHINE johnny"!!!! sponsered by the "GETOUTTA DODGE QUICK" productions.
    LOL!!!

As for power here, i lose it if someone farts outdoors...hehe... nah, not quite, but i lose it alot, and it stays off for a longggg time. I really should have a generator because my water doesnt work if i dont have power, either.

My nephew lives in Key West so he's used to many a tropical storm/hurricane!

weather update here: rain and wind right now

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    Stay safe smurfette.

Ya got to give NODONTDOTHAT a chance.....let him show that he's matured. IF not.....you can run the Bissell again. Worked wonders the first time.. At least you won't have to assemble it or read the instructions.

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    Last I knew, Ike's projected path is south florida. I'm on the coast of NC
    Hopefully it'll miss us here in S.Florida...We've been "dodging bullets(hurricains)" all season long...If it does hit us it's going to be a cat 4 ...Another day in paradise...Anyway stay safe...

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/hu...l?from=hp_news

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    Been there done that,hmmmm,just a cupla days ago).At least you shouldn't be without power if it isnt to bad.Do you get service from Duke power company? They came down here after "K" and were outstanding,outworked the local power co. 10 fold.As far as Ike it looks like he is headed straight for the gulf,it is now a race to see if an approaching cold front will get down in time to block him.

Have you heard about the gulf hurricane concert??"HANAH montana" IKE turner",and "JOSEPHINE johnny"!!!! sponsered by the "GETOUTTA DODGE QUICK" productions.

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    Yes Ike is supposed to be a bit worse.

Yes the coast of NC is very nice, i have relatives there, and my sis's b/f was looking to buy property there now that he's retired. Great fishing there!!

I'm doing things like moving stuff in the yard that might blow around, just so i dont have to worry about going next door to a big field and hunting for it when everything's passed. We need water in this area sooo bad that some rain will sure help.

Leave a comment:

• phillyrube
    replied
    Hey Smurf, we're up here in Va Beach, slow the storm down for us, k?

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    I just checked the path for Ike and it looks like it will hit the gulf coast section of western Florida on Wed. as a Cat 3.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4713 users online. 291 members and 4422 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X