300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living at the PD

I've got my cot, extra uniforms and personal bag packed and sitting by the front door. I get to spend the night at the PD due to Hanna. My whole career has been spent down here on the ocean, so you'd think I'd be used to it. I figured I'd just leave it in the locker when I come home, since Ike is right around the corner.

The PD provides plenty of food, snacks, coffee and things to keep us busy. I'm just not in the mood for the up all night, stupid hurricane calls and flooded streets. (However, working at a PD on the mainland is different than working on an island. We used to have to clean up the dead fishes from the middle of the intersection after the water receeded.)

Another year. Another Hurricane Season. Perhaps my mood will improve when I get there. It's normally fun with all the joking, grab-*ssing and general running amuck in the PD once they've shut us down. Ahhhh, professionals at their best. The double pay doesn't hurt, either.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

It's normally fun with all the joking, grab-*ssing and general running amuck in the PD once they've shut us down.

Wait wait! You mean if I come to NC, you'll grab my *ss?

Comment

bwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I knew when I typed that that I probably shouldn't have. You come to NC, honey and I'll get someone to grab your booty

I do have to find something to with NODONTDOTHAT. The hubby also has to work tonight...can't put them outside....and I doubt either of them can make it for 14 hours w/o needing to go outside.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
        bwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I knew when I typed that that I probably shouldn't have. You come to NC, honey and I'll get someone to grab your booty

I do have to find something to with NODONTDOTHAT. The hubby also has to work tonight...can't put them outside....and I doubt either of them can make it for 14 hours w/o needing to go outside.
        As long as that someone is a "her" and not a "bubba"... I'm on my way...

Comment

I didnt even think it was that bad of a storm.

That sucks!!

I think by the time it gets here it's gonna be no worse than our normal bad thunderstorms.

Comment

It's not...we've seen worse around here, but when you're at sealevel you get flooding. We have to be around for that.
            sigpic

Comment

How many people in your dept.?
              Detention Deputy (In Process)

Deputy Sheriff/KS State Trooper (After Detention)

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other off." -Tommy Cooper

Comment

Sworn? eh....100-110? Not everyone will be there. Hanna isn't anticipated to be much of anything; so it will just be the two shifts that were scheduled to work this weekend and some of the support services peeps.

Now when Bertha, Fran, Bonnie, Floyd and Isabel came through we had more people come in.

Having Hanna followed by Ike is a very real reminder to our Bertha and Fran. Bertha soaked everything and Fran came right on the heels, destroying much of eastern NC.
                sigpic

Comment

I was just going to ask about Ike, where is he planned to hit...I haven't looked since the day before yesterday...?

Also...where are you located?

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other off." -Tommy Cooper

Comment

Last I knew, Ike's projected path is south florida. I'm on the coast of NC
                    sigpic

Comment

Thats what I thought...glad your in NC, you shouldn't get hit hardly at all...(I've been known to be wrong once tho)

Comment

That must be nice to be on the coast of NC except during hurricane season.
                        "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                        Not Yet Visited: 16
                        Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

It is...born and raised. Love being near the water.
                          sigpic

Comment

Smurf, are you sure you won't touch my butt? I've been told it's a nice butt.

Comment

....Eh some matters should hold for private messages.

Anyhow - be safe smurf!
                              Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4466 users online. 298 members and 4168 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X