• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Cops vs Media

I think America needs more cops like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUvZeNgAz0U

And less liberal bias "reporting" like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0JQw0IRtw

(Please ignore the titles on the videos ... the poster is a "dude".)
    There is nothing to see here.

Hmmmm, not sure what to say about that lol.

Comment

To me, this was kids testing boundaries that shouldn't even exist in your mind. It shows a lack of proper breeding and a lack of human pedigree. It's too bad that this kid's biological participants are such poor teachers that he had to display that sort of disrespect to the cop whom was only doing his job. I'm 150% sure if the kid had been respectful, everything would have gone a lot smoother for him.

When the cop was talking about his attitude and said, "You disrespect me, this badge, and my whole department", well he hit the nail right on the head.

"I'm gonna call my mom!"

Comment

this has been talked about before.. I guess in the officers mind, that was the best way to deal with the situation. It really makes the police look bad though doesn't it?

Comment

Agreed, the kid was disrespectful but respect isn't a requirement only a suggestion. The child is only required to abide but what the law says.

Now me? I'm extreeeeemely respectful to all police officers. A lot of my friends and family are great officers and I could never see myself acting like a little *****. But what makes them great offices is the fact that they don't get emotional.

Getting all bent out of shape while talking to the kids is unprofessional. If they've broken a law then punish them, but don't sit there and lecture them on respect and why they should have it and blah blah blah about his mother. It's not his job, leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by adamt35 View Post
            this has been talked about before.. I guess in the officers mind, that was the best way to deal with the situation. It really makes the police look bad though doesn't it?
            Not to me? I think people that view the cops in a negative light to begin with will look at this video the wrong way ... NATURALLY! ... And those "type" people are the same "type" people that raised this kid ... sure he's just a kid, but just because he has a poor excuse for parents that doesn't exempt him from respecting an officer.

I'm sure there is a lot more that didn't make it on the video, like the officer explaning his frustration with the kid. IMO, the wrong kids are getting hit, the ones that don't deserve it get hit, and the ones that need a physical restraint never get it.

So it's pot roast, sorry, it's new to some of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Limeade View Post
              Agreed, the kid was disrespectful but respect isn't a requirement only a suggestion. The child is only required to abide but what the law says.

Now me? I'm extreeeeemely respectful to all police officers. A lot of my friends and family are great officers and I could never see myself acting like a little *****. But what makes them great offices is the fact that they don't get emotional.

Getting all bent out of shape while talking to the kids is unprofessional. If they've broken a law then punish them, but don't sit there and lecture them on respect and why they should have it and blah blah blah about his mother. It's not his job, leave it alone.
              I'm sure some cops step out of line, but to a certain degree I think it is the citizens DUTY to afford them that right ...

Who knows if skateboard theives just stole all the ice cream out of that cops ice cream truck?

Comment

Originally posted by JoePublic View Post
                Not to me? I think people that view the cops in a negative light to begin with will look at this video the wrong way ... NATURALLY! ... And those "type" people are the same "type" people that raised this kid ... sure he's just a kid, but just because he has a poor excuse for parents that doesn't exempt him from respecting an officer.

I'm sure there is a lot more that didn't make it on the video, like the officer explaning his frustration with the kid. IMO, the wrong kids are getting hit, the ones that don't deserve it get hit, and the ones that need a physical restraint never get it.

So it's pot roast, sorry, it's new to some of us.
                Is it really looking at the video the wrong way to say that the officer did not act appropriately? As someone said before, respect isn't required by law. Kids say "dude." It really seemed like this kid was so used to saying it, that it was just coming out of his mouth uncontrollably. It looks like he is tired of dealing with punk kids who don't respect him, and finally took it out on this guy.

Comment

Alright yea the kid shouldn't have disrespected the officer like that but come on joe. You can't tell me thats proffesional conduct...As a police officer you should be able to hold your anger back no matter the disrespect. Because when you don't and some stupid kid keeps his camera rolling, you lose your job.

Idk maybe he was just upset because he has to drive around in a buggy instead of a cruiser...little man complex anyone???
                  "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Comment

Regardless of opinions, the guy was disciplined after this video surfaced. I know he wishes he could have dealt with the situation a lot differently.

Can someone find the other video of him that surfaced weeks after this one? I believe it was about a year or two older than this video.
                    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VecHd...eature=related

Officer Riveria prank calls, lol....

Comment

This officer appears to go around looking for opportunities to yell at people and throw his weight around. The kids were disrespectful, but then kids generally are these days. Being disrespectful, as noted above, isn't against the law.

In the video about the artist, it appears that Rivieri is acting like a big overgrown playground bully.

Whether the videos show the full picture or not, that sort of behavior is unnecessary. He appears not to know how to assert his authority without acting like a bully. Probably learned that way of talking to people from his dad, who was probably a jerk.
                        Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                        Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                        A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by Limeade View Post

It's a sad state of affairs when people start thinking that public officials shouldn't be respected unless it's written into law. Jesus H!
                          Cursed with common sense in a world void of it!!

Comment

Nobody is saying that they SHOULDN'T be respected.

Only that it's not against the law -- i.e., you can't be arrested for it.

Of course they should be respected.

On the other hand, a cop should behave in a respectABLE way. This cop is acting like a big jerk.

It's best to ACT respectful toward a big jerk in a uniform carrying a gun. But you don't have to actually respect him if he's not respectable.

Originally posted by Fella View Post
                            It's a sad state of affairs when people start thinking that public officials shouldn't be respected unless it's written into law. Jesus H!
                            Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                            Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                            A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

This video is a bit old. The Officer was suspended for it. Some of the comments he made are right on others, well, fall short. Telling the kid he'll get along in the world or something to that effect of the sooner he learns the cops name... wrestling the skateboard away....
                              Again, could have been done differently. It's considered cool for some kids to skateboard and tape encounters with authority figures.
                              Of course, had this kid said, something like "sorry, Sir", we would probably not be watching the tape.
                              The tape of him kicking the race car is wrong. That is someones private property.
                              Did the kid, Eric Bush ,get his skateboard back??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4390 users online. 274 members and 4116 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X