X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePublic
    replied
    Originally posted by Driven View Post
    I think you have confused respect with fear. There is a difference.
    From an ancient book called the Bible ... Proverbs Chapter 1

7 -The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; wisdom and instruction fools despise.

So while fear alone is not good, it is a useful tool to earn respect. I think criminals, slash, smart-mouthed kids on skateboards need to fear police ... as well as respect them.

Perhaps Rivieri has been sitting in that little car (because his superiors don't respect him) and the kids don't seem to respect it either. Whatever, let the kids be smart-asses, the parents aren't stopping them, then no one should. Would I have handled it that way ... while driving that car, you're damn right!

Leave a comment:

• Taylor13
    replied
    The 5% of crazy/loss of self-control/abusing their powers/and all that other stuff, ruin it for the rest of the 95%.

Leave a comment:

• JoePublic
    replied
    Originally posted by DefenseResearch View Post
    You obviously missed the boat. You should go on a personal odyssey to discover what respect is... You seem to mistake fear and intimidation for respect.
    Yeah, I missed the boat while I was sailing on the ship.

Leave a comment:

• Tucker6900
    replied
    Originally posted by JoePublic View Post
    H ... and the sandwich in your lunch is smooshed again ...

HAHAHA!

Leave a comment:

• Driven
    replied
    I think America needs more cops like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUvZeNgAz0U

And less liberal bias "reporting" like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0JQw0IRtw

(Please ignore the titles on the videos ... the poster is a "dude".)
    Let me preface all of my comments with the acknowledgement that we cannot see what transpires before or after the camera begins recording but even so what we do see tells A LOT.

I think America needs LESS cops like that. I don't know what ****ed him off so badly but the way he reacted shows little discipline and self-control on his part as much as it shows any disrespect on the kids part.

As for the media, that is one of the few occasions it looked like they did a reasonable job at reporting.

No, I'm sure someone could teach you to respect a .50 cal ...
    Now if you say, "Respect SHOULD be earned, not commanded", then we are in agreement.
    I think you have confused respect with fear. There is a difference. Anyone can be feared if they possess the power or resources of force. A person should respect the position but in this case it appears that the officer did everything in his power to bring disrespect on the office.

Originally posted by adamt35 View Post
    this has been talked about before.. I guess in the officers mind, that was the best way to deal with the situation. It really makes the police look bad though doesn't it?
    If that officer thinks this is the BEST way to handle this in his mind, I think he needs to go back to some sort of training or academy class. This makes the police look bad because this WAS bad.

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
    This officer appears to go around looking for opportunities to yell at people and throw his weight around. The kids were disrespectful, but then kids generally are these days. Being disrespectful, as noted above, isn't against the law.

In the video about the artist, it appears that Rivieri is acting like a big overgrown playground bully.

Whether the videos show the full picture or not, that sort of behavior is unnecessary. He appears not to know how to assert his authority without acting like a bully. Probably learned that way of talking to people from his dad, who was probably a jerk.
    I think you are right rubyrose, though I'm not sure about his dad

It is the responsibility of an ADULT to remain controlled and reasonable even when faced with out of control and unreasonable circumstances.

Even more, it is the responsibility of a POLICE OFFICER to DEESCALATE a situation not ESCALATE it. This officer did just the opposite of what he was supposed to do.

I absolutely agree that when an officer gives an order it should be obeyed.... no questions asked!! But did the words of the kid justify the escalation to use of force by the officer? From the video, that is VERY questionable.

I'm am PRO-POLICE all the way and have on many occasions defended questionable actions by officers giving them the benefit of the doubt. But this guy seems to have had too much of police work because this was not a one time incident.

What ever happened to community policing by being friendly, respectable, fair, just and forceful when necessary?

Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by Driven; 09-10-2008, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Red Swan
    replied
    nah i would have to say this cop on the video has some anger management issues and does not need to be a cop with that type of attitude. Makes all the good cops that don't fly off the handle look bad.

Leave a comment:

• exdrip
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VecHd...eature=related

Officer Riveria prank calls, lol....
    I would be laughing so hard if I got pranked by that. Here's his soundboard.

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/sound...soundboard.htm
    Last edited by exdrip; 09-10-2008, 03:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DefenseResearch
    replied
    Now if you say, "Respect SHOULD be earned, not commanded", then we are in agreement.

Also, something you said about me that was unfounded I will just ignore, because that is only your opinion, or speculation. I fart in your general direction over that one.
    You obviously missed the boat. You should go on a personal odyssey to discover what respect is... You seem to mistake fear and intimidation for respect.

Leave a comment:

• JoePublic
    replied
    Originally posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Maybe its because he got stuck driving that little cart around instead of a real police car!
    His rage is completely justifiable ...
    I mean com'on: you're driving that thing around all day .. looking like some mall cop (no offense to mall cops) .. and then some 14 year old kid is shining you on ... and the sandwich in your lunch is smooshed again ... fugetaboutdid

Leave a comment:

• Tucker6900
    replied
    The only reason Rivieri was hot under the collar was because the kids are little f'rs.
    Maybe its because he got stuck driving that little cart around instead of a real police car!

Leave a comment:

• Tucker6900
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VecHd...eature=related

Officer Riveria prank calls, lol....
    LMAO!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JoePublic
    replied
    Originally posted by DefenseResearch View Post
    Respect can never be commanded. It can only be earned.

Also, something you said about me that was unfounded I will just ignore, because that is only your opinion, or speculation. I fart in your general direction over that one.

Leave a comment:

• JoePublic
    replied
    Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
    Sure the kids are a problem and I'm sure its from lack of parenting, but I don't understand why the officer gets mad over an issue he can do nothing about to the point straining his voice, much less giving the great advice that they don't even deserve...now he's going to be on world tv being judged,,and I hate to inform you, there are way more people in this world who point their fingers at the government and the police in judgement and the "blame game" rather that see how disrespectful the kids were, and what do we expect? The majority of parents try to be friends with their kids rather than parents just as they were treated by their parents, then always look for a person other than themselves to blame when someone calls them on it, like "did you see how awfully unprofessional that officer was towards my skater kid?? he needs to be fired i want his badge,blah..blah...blah..Officers need to not waste their time trying to do a service to this younger generation of kids by thinking what you say matters..they don't even respect their parents...So..stay calm..don't get stressed...speak direct and with facts supporting what you say....if the opprotunity arises for an arrest "disgress" to make that arrest..and if resistance occurs crush their kneecaps with your asp and spray their eyes with oc as you talk calm but firm to them....This guys drill instructor tirate is gonna end up taking food out of the mouths of his own kids and other family members because of a bunch of skater punk bumholes who carry around mini-cam recorders that their parent buddies bought them....
    I know, it's sad ... I'm just saying I have no problem with how he treated those kids. Regardless of how big of an a-hole Rivieri (sp?) is, I still think the kids needed that. It seems to me at the very start of the video Rivieri is saying something as if he was getting frustrated because the "dude" kid wasn't listening to him??

I'm just saying, if we had more parents and cops and teachers like Rivieri, we'd have less kids smarting off. The only reason Rivieri was hot under the collar was because the kids are little f'rs.

Leave a comment:

• JoePublic
    replied
    Originally posted by djack16 View Post
    ***left-wing drivel***
    Perhaps you forgot that I told you never to talk to me??
    Well, this is the second time now, so hope it sticks ...
    'Cause I honestly don't even bother reading your posts, seriously.
    I take logic ... then go in the exact opposite direction, and that is kind of crap you'd post up ...
    It is a waste of time for everyone to read, so don't reply to me any more, please.

Leave a comment:

• DefenseResearch
    replied
    To me, this was kids testing boundaries that shouldn't even exist in your mind. It shows a lack of proper breeding and a lack of human pedigree. It's too bad that this kid's biological participants are such poor teachers that he had to display that sort of disrespect to the cop whom was only doing his job. I'm 150% sure if the kid had been respectful, everything would have gone a lot smoother for him.

When the cop was talking about his attitude and said, "You disrespect me, this badge, and my whole department", well he hit the nail right on the head.

"I'm gonna call my mom!"
    Respect can never be commanded. It can only be earned. Personally as a human being you must earn the respect of other human beings. Your department has spent many years earning respect from the citizens that it serves. For someone to don the uniform and represent the department in such a wimpy and disrespectful way is shameful.

The child doesn’t escape criticism at least in the first video. While certain social graces should be taught to children, it is not the officer’s job to instruct them. Especially since he demonstrated what poor comprehension he had of them.

He acted simply as a bully. If you advocate his actions... Some serious counseling may help you come to grips with the inadequacies and control issues you have with your life.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4232 users online. 291 members and 3941 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X