300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoePublic View Post
    No, I'm sure someone could teach you to respect a .50 cal ...
    Now if you say, "Respect SHOULD be earned, not commanded", then we are in agreement.

Also, something you said about me that was unfounded I will just ignore, because that is only your opinion, or speculation. I fart in your general direction over that one.
    You obviously missed the boat. You should go on a personal odyssey to discover what respect is... You seem to mistake fear and intimidation for respect.
    ****I am NOT a LEO, I am NOT a Lawyer, and I am NOT a Defendant****

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VecHd...eature=related

Officer Riveria prank calls, lol....
      I would be laughing so hard if I got pranked by that. Here's his soundboard.

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/sound...soundboard.htm
      Last edited by exdrip; 09-10-2008, 03:26 AM.
      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

nah i would have to say this cop on the video has some anger management issues and does not need to be a cop with that type of attitude. Makes all the good cops that don't fly off the handle look bad.
        "What the problem is?"

Comment

I think America needs more cops like this:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUvZeNgAz0U

And less liberal bias "reporting" like this:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0JQw0IRtw

(Please ignore the titles on the videos ... the poster is a "dude".)
          Let me preface all of my comments with the acknowledgement that we cannot see what transpires before or after the camera begins recording but even so what we do see tells A LOT.

I think America needs LESS cops like that. I don't know what ****ed him off so badly but the way he reacted shows little discipline and self-control on his part as much as it shows any disrespect on the kids part.

As for the media, that is one of the few occasions it looked like they did a reasonable job at reporting.

No, I'm sure someone could teach you to respect a .50 cal ...
          Now if you say, "Respect SHOULD be earned, not commanded", then we are in agreement.
          I think you have confused respect with fear. There is a difference. Anyone can be feared if they possess the power or resources of force. A person should respect the position but in this case it appears that the officer did everything in his power to bring disrespect on the office.

Originally posted by adamt35 View Post
          this has been talked about before.. I guess in the officers mind, that was the best way to deal with the situation. It really makes the police look bad though doesn't it?
          If that officer thinks this is the BEST way to handle this in his mind, I think he needs to go back to some sort of training or academy class. This makes the police look bad because this WAS bad.

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
          This officer appears to go around looking for opportunities to yell at people and throw his weight around. The kids were disrespectful, but then kids generally are these days. Being disrespectful, as noted above, isn't against the law.

In the video about the artist, it appears that Rivieri is acting like a big overgrown playground bully.

Whether the videos show the full picture or not, that sort of behavior is unnecessary. He appears not to know how to assert his authority without acting like a bully. Probably learned that way of talking to people from his dad, who was probably a jerk.
          I think you are right rubyrose, though I'm not sure about his dad

It is the responsibility of an ADULT to remain controlled and reasonable even when faced with out of control and unreasonable circumstances.

Even more, it is the responsibility of a POLICE OFFICER to DEESCALATE a situation not ESCALATE it. This officer did just the opposite of what he was supposed to do.

I absolutely agree that when an officer gives an order it should be obeyed.... no questions asked!! But did the words of the kid justify the escalation to use of force by the officer? From the video, that is VERY questionable.

I'm am PRO-POLICE all the way and have on many occasions defended questionable actions by officers giving them the benefit of the doubt. But this guy seems to have had too much of police work because this was not a one time incident.

What ever happened to community policing by being friendly, respectable, fair, just and forceful when necessary?

Sorry for the long post.
          Last edited by Driven; 09-10-2008, 10:59 AM.
          "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Comment

H ... and the sandwich in your lunch is smooshed again ...

HAHAHA!
            The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
            George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by DefenseResearch View Post
              You obviously missed the boat. You should go on a personal odyssey to discover what respect is... You seem to mistake fear and intimidation for respect.
              Yeah, I missed the boat while I was sailing on the ship.
              There is nothing to see here.

Comment

The 5% of crazy/loss of self-control/abusing their powers/and all that other stuff, ruin it for the rest of the 95%.

Comment

Originally posted by Driven View Post
                  I think you have confused respect with fear. There is a difference.
                  From an ancient book called the Bible ... Proverbs Chapter 1

7 -The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; wisdom and instruction fools despise.

So while fear alone is not good, it is a useful tool to earn respect. I think criminals, slash, smart-mouthed kids on skateboards need to fear police ... as well as respect them.

Perhaps Rivieri has been sitting in that little car (because his superiors don't respect him) and the kids don't seem to respect it either. Whatever, let the kids be smart-asses, the parents aren't stopping them, then no one should. Would I have handled it that way ... while driving that car, you're damn right!
                  There is nothing to see here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5388 users online. 342 members and 5046 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X