300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegal immigrant suing the government

First of all let me state that as much as I despise illegal immigration, I don't wish death upon anyone, especially a child. However blaming the government for her death is idiotic.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/95526.php

Father of girl killed by Border Patrol truck sues
    The Associated Press
    YUMA - An illegal immigrant who was struck and severely injured by a U.S. Border Patrol vehicle that also hit and killed his daughter is suing the government.
    Lawyers for Juan Cruz Torralva accuse Border Patrol agent Gregorio Garcia of driving recklessly on the night of March 5, 2006, when he ran over Cruz and his 12-year-old daughter, Lourdes Cruz Morales, in the desert near Dateland.
    Cruz and his daughter were on the final leg of a three-day trek across the border when they were hit. According to the suit filed last month in U.S. District Court in Tucson, Garcia was driving across the desert after another group of illegal immigrants at such a high rate of speed that he could not control his pickup or avoid hitting Cruz and his daughter.
    The patrol has said previously that Garcia never saw the father and daughter because they were hidden behind a bush that was in the path of the vehicle.
    Lourdes died at the scene. Cruz was briefly held by authorities on a child endangerment charge after he was released from a hospital, but Yuma County prosecutors declined to file formal charges.
    "There are collateral damages to Mr. Cruz Torralva for which he is suing," said the family's attorney, Candy Camarena of Yuma. "He was left incapacitated for life. He returned to Oaxaca, where he is from. He is a peaceful, honest, working man who lost his daughter."
    Spokesmen for the Border Patrol's Yuma Sector headquarters declined to comment on the lawsuit. Jaime Castillo, spokesman for the Border Patrol in Washington, D.C., said he had no information about the lawsuit and could not comment.
    Named with the patrol and Garcia as defendants are the Department of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protection.
    The lawsuit seeks unspecified compensatory damages for Cruz for crippling injuries and for the death of his daughter.
    "The fact that he didn't follow the legal process for immigrating to the country is no justification for taking the life of his daughter and leaving him incapacitated for life," Camarena said.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Hmmmm....maybe, just MAYBE, if they werent out in the desert, attempting to gain illegal entry into our country; they wouldnt have been hit IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

He is a peaceful, honest, working man who lost his daughter.
      And to think, if he'd only been a little more honest, he would be uninjured and his daughter alive.

No, I don't wish death or injury on them for their crime of illegal entry, but ... um, let's just say I'm having a hard time getting my mind to stop boggling while I try to get "honest man" and "illegal immigrant" to simultaneously refer to the same individual.
      Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

I find all these lawsuits to be totally ridiculous.....

This is just another in a long string of similar lawsuits.....

Two similar lawsuits featured by AMW back in '06ish (I think).

*One was an LE officer nearly being run over by an SUV packed full of immigrants. The officer discharged his weapon to puncture a tire, and ended up shooting a rear panel. Little did he know, an illegal immigrant was stuffed above the wheel well. The bullet entered her cheek and exited through her teeth. She's suing/sued and that officer went to jail.
        http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=58086

*The second was two border patrol officers who tried to stop a suspicious vehicle. The occupant ran, they fired because they believed they saw him with a gun. It didn’t appear that they hit him, he jumped into the Rio Grande and they saw him exit on the other side and continue running. They searched the vehicle he left behind, and found a whole bunch of marijuana (I THOUGHT it was 1 million worth). Unfortunately, they did not report firing their weapons. He's suing the US too....and was given immunity at the trial of these two officers who later went to jail too.
        http://www.amw.com/features/feature_...il.cfm?id=1369

I went ahead and posted links so in case someone wants to read more about it they can......

I keep seeing these Border Patrol agent commercials on the TV.....no wonder they're trying to hire more people.....but I cant say that I would want to go work there.....
        Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 09-04-2008, 04:48 PM.
        'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

I would never be BP for those reasons
          "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

They should just fall off of the top of the border fence and then sue the US for putting it up.....

Comment

Well there is one way to solve this problem, don't try to enter the CONUS ilegally....there's a thought.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I feel sorry for the girl - she probably didn't have a choice in the matter. I think the father should be charged under some sort of felony/murder rule - he was in the process of illegal entry and in the process of this CRIME, his daughter lost her life. He exposed her to the potential dangers of an illegal crossing - I say he is highly culpable in her death.
                LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

"There are collateral damages to Mr. Cruz Torralva for which he is suing," said the family's attorney, Candy Camarena of Yuma. "He was left incapacitated for life. He returned to Oaxaca, where he is from. He is a peaceful, honest, working man who lost his daughter."
                  (A) He placed Himself in this position and He also placed his daughter in that position. That is excusable ON HIS PART.

Cruz and his daughter were on the final leg of a three-day trek across the border when they were hit
                  again, He placed himself there.......
                  I hope a judge toss it out.
                  ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                  Oscar Wilde

Comment

*yawn*

.....only in America
                    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

He should be given our utmost condolences and sent back to his country.

It appears to be a tragic accident that was entirely the fault of the father.
                      -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I see this from a different angle ...... was the vehicle being driven without lights? Was it off roading? Was it a known route?
                        Space for rent .........

Comment

Thats a load of crap. If he had crossed legally at a POE his daughter would be alive today. I'm really tired of illegals and people who sue the US because they are injured crossing illegally or are denied a visa or denied entry into the US.
                          Last edited by qixfeet; 09-05-2008, 12:49 AM. Reason: incomplete thought.
                          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

OOPS. Next time find a better hiding spot when a 2,000 lb is coming directly at you, Wiley Coyote ERRR, Juan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane Q Public View Post
                              And to think, if he'd only been a little more honest, he would be uninjured and his daughter alive.

No, I don't wish death or injury on them for their crime of illegal entry, but ... um, let's just say I'm having a hard time getting my mind to stop boggling while I try to get "honest man" and "illegal immigrant" to simultaneously refer to the same individual.
                              I've seen plenty of honest, hard-working men who are illegal-immigrants. They are in the country illegally but they are putting in an honest days work to do undesirable jobs that American businessman can exploit them to do for cheap labor. They then use that money to support themselves and their families. They could be selling drugs, in a gang, etc. Or, they could be like the thousands, if not millions, of legal American citizens who abuse welfare and other social-relief programs. I don't support illegal immigration but I don't think its as black/white as some people make it to be...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6125 users online. 352 members and 5773 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X