X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natejpg
    replied
    Originally posted by wyattearp View Post
    have you read On Combat? i only made it through half of it. it was so dry. it was interesting but just couldn't keep my attention. is On Killing any better?
    no but it was really hard to get through on killing same reason but in hindsight I'm glad i did cause it is very useful. I found it a little erratic too.

Leave a comment:

• Cockney Corner.
    replied
    Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme books (paralysed former NYPD detective solves crimes from his bed - one was made into the rather disappointing The Bone Collector)

Kinky Friedman's Kinky Friedman books (retired Country singer turned amateur detective solves crimes by sitting around in his apartment smoking cigars and waiting for everything to sort itself out).

Leave a comment:

• wyattearp
    replied
    Originally posted by natejpg View Post
    blue blood by edward conlon NYPD ret. and cop by mike middleton LAPD ret. also check bn.com as they have an extensive network of police books. these are just the two i can read on my bookshelf. also gift of fear gavin de becker i think and most snything by Lt Col dave grossman my favorite is On killing by him.
    have you read On Combat? i only made it through half of it. it was so dry. it was interesting but just couldn't keep my attention. is On Killing any better?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by TOMahawk417 View Post
    A great book thats a true story is "under and alone"

I believe they're making it into a film with Mel Gibson staring as the main character

x2...i read that book and it is very good. William Queen is a undercover ATF agent. They have a documentry about in on the History Channel

Leave a comment:

• icecoldblueyes
    replied
    Night Dogs by Kent Anderson

He Kills Coppers by Jake Arnott

Most James Ellroy

And I agree with Michael Connelly's books and Homicide: A year on the killing streets.
    Also good non foction is My Father's Gun by Brian McDonald.

Leave a comment:

• Jessyca
    replied
    Anything You Say Can and Will be Used Against You by Laurie Lynn Drummond

Leave a comment:

• Narco
    replied
    x1000000000 for Under and Alone by William "Billy" Queen

This was hands down the best book I've ever read. I only put it down to sleep once I started reading it.

Leave a comment:

• ICEAGENT
    replied
    I know you said you wanted a fiction book, but here are some non-fiction alternatives that read like novels. I think all of these are must reads for people interested in LE.

Prince of the City
    Serpico
    Donnie Brasco
    Blue Blood

Leave a comment:

• TOMahawk417
    replied
    A great book thats a true story is "under and alone"

I believe they're making it into a film with Mel Gibson staring as the main character

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by jakflak View Post
    "Curious George gets a job that makes him drink alone and get divorced a lot"

Changed my life.
    xxxxxxxx

Leave a comment:

• UrNameHere263
    replied
    Originally posted by jakflak View Post

Changed my life.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• gentlejim504
    replied
    Originally posted by bucksone View Post
    I've been enjoying Michael Connelly's books, especially the ones with fictional LAPD Detective Harry Bosch.
    +1

Reading "City of Bones" right now

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied

Changed my life.

Leave a comment:

• cgh6366
    replied
    Originally posted by natejpg View Post
    gift of fear gavin de becker i think and most snything by Lt Col dave grossman my favorite is On killing by him.
    +1 on those

Dan Mahoney wrote a series of about 6 books about NYPD - excellent stories (OK, I know the guy, a bit of a shameless plug) but very good stories none the less. First book is Detective First Grade

Leave a comment:

• natejpg
    replied
    blue blood by edward conlon NYPD ret. and cop by mike middleton LAPD ret. also check bn.com as they have an extensive network of police books. these are just the two i can read on my bookshelf. also gift of fear gavin de becker i think and most snything by Lt Col dave grossman my favorite is On killing by him.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2597 users online. 141 members and 2456 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X