Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good Cop, Police related book

I am looking for a good fictional cop book to read any ideas? Thanks

Homicide: A year on the killing streets by David Simon. Great book, much of the material was later used for The Wire on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCopper View Post
      I am looking for a good fictional cop book to read any ideas? Thanks
      I have an idea, it's off topic and you may not like it. But I'm bored so I'm going to tell you anyway.

Don't bother with the cop books.

Read something good. Anything by Douglas Adams (The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy) or anything by Tom Clancy.
      "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Check out Lee Child's books, they're about a former military investigator/cop (most take place afterwards) and they're awesome.
        Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Comment

I've been enjoying Michael Connelly's books, especially the ones with fictional LAPD Detective Harry Bosch.

Comment

I like the Badge of Honor series by WEB Griffin. The later ones are the better ones in my opinion.

Comment

blue blood by edward conlon NYPD ret. and cop by mike middleton LAPD ret. also check bn.com as they have an extensive network of police books. these are just the two i can read on my bookshelf. also gift of fear gavin de becker i think and most snything by Lt Col dave grossman my favorite is On killing by him.
              Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

Originally posted by natejpg View Post
                gift of fear gavin de becker i think and most snything by Lt Col dave grossman my favorite is On killing by him.
                +1 on those

Dan Mahoney wrote a series of about 6 books about NYPD - excellent stories (OK, I know the guy, a bit of a shameless plug) but very good stories none the less. First book is Detective First Grade
                "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
                sigpic

Comment

"Curious George gets a job that makes him drink alone and get divorced a lot"

Changed my life.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksone View Post
                    I've been enjoying Michael Connelly's books, especially the ones with fictional LAPD Detective Harry Bosch.
                    +1

Reading "City of Bones" right now

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post

Changed my life.
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post

Changed my life.
                        xxxxxxxx
                        The All New
                        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

A great book thats a true story is "under and alone"

I believe they're making it into a film with Mel Gibson staring as the main character
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Comment

I know you said you wanted a fiction book, but here are some non-fiction alternatives that read like novels. I think all of these are must reads for people interested in LE.

Prince of the City
                            Serpico
                            Donnie Brasco
                            Blue Blood
                            Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

x1000000000 for Under and Alone by William "Billy" Queen

This was hands down the best book I've ever read. I only put it down to sleep once I started reading it.
                              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3608 users online. 249 members and 3359 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X