300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off duty- B&E !

An off-duty Houston police officer fatally shot an intruder Wednesday afternoon during an attempted home invasion robbery at the officer's southwest Houston home.

Terry Hendrickson, a 14-year veteran, , was asleep in the master bedroom of his home in the 4600 block of Ripple Ridge about 1 p.m. when he heard a knock at the front door of his home in the Green Valley Estates subdivision, the Houston Police Department said.

"The knocking became a thud and he assumed it was his yard man," said Capt. Bruce Williams, HPD spokesman.

The man then saw the outline of a figure at a bedroom window in the back of the house and heard glass breaking, Williams said.

Hendrickson retrieved his duty weapon from the nightstand and called out to the intruder, said Williams.

"He saw something shiny in the and, fearing for his safety, fired several times," he said.

The intruder's arms and part of his torso were inside the home at the time of the shooting, Williams added.

The man then ran through the backyard, jumped the fence and ran into an open field behind the home.

Hendrickson ran upstairs to see if he could spot the suspect from a gameroom window. That's when the officer said he saw the suspect being picked up by a driver in a gold, four-door Chevrolet Malibu. The driver was on a cellular phone calling 911, reporting that his friend had been shot, Williams said.

A short time later authorities located the car and arrested the driver and the wounded suspect, who was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead from gunshot wounds, Williams said.

A third, 20-year-old female suspect, was arrested at her home. All three suspects live in a nearby neighborhood, Williams said.

"All are believed to have been out canvassing houses to burglarize," said Williams, who noted several neighbors have been recently robbed.

The man and woman face charges of burglary of a habitation "at the very least," Williams said.

"The are potentially greater charges if we can prove they knew there was someone in the home," he added.

As is customary in all officer-involved shootings, the case will be investigated by the HPD homicide division, internal affairs division and the Harris County District Attorney's Office.

Hendrickson, who was on vacation and alone in the home at the time of the shooting, will be placed on administrative duty, Williams said.

[email protected]
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...1829.html#none
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

+1 for the good guys,
    I hope it shows the BG down here that they will be shot for being...well dumb criminals!!!
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Comment

God I wish NJ would take a page from the Texas Book. As a NJ resident, you have to be in immediate danger (ie, guy pointing a gun or knife at you with no possible way to retreat) in order to have a justifiable shoot.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Missouri just changed that law about retreating to the last possible place and in immediate fear of your life etc....

Now it's sort of a crap shoot as long as they are inside the house. I don't necessarily agree with this, but as far as I know, it hasn't be abused......yet

Good for him. It could have gotten very ugly very quickly for the officer.
        Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
          God I wish NJ would take a page from the Texas Book. As a NJ resident, you have to be in immediate danger (ie, guy pointing a gun or knife at you with no possible way to retreat) in order to have a justifiable shoot.
          It should be mandatory for all lawmakers to be subject to the consequences that they force upon the general population.
          If they want to take the "castle doctrine" from the rest of us, they should have to live with it themselves.
          sigpic
          Don't make me gassy.
          You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

"Firearms...the ORIGINAL point-and-click interface."
            Detention Deputy (In Process)

Deputy Sheriff/KS State Trooper (After Detention)

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other off." -Tommy Cooper

Comment

The shiny stuff he saw was probably the criminals "grill"... ...

I'm sorry I had to...

+1 to the good guys... Good Shoot imo

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4985 users online. 281 members and 4704 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X