300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *rant*

Alright, I ride sportbikes. I have been riding for a little over seven years at this point. I ride normal because I dont like putting myself at risk or others at risk. If I feel like being a jerk, I pay my $150 and go off to the race track.

But I use a local sportbike forum and the people on there are REALLY beginning to tick me off.....

They run from the cops, and then complain that the police give them a hard time.

They fold their plates up so they cant be seen, no license plate lights, place them vertical etc., and then complain when they get pulled over for not having their plate the right way.

They ride like jerks and then say that their behavior effects no one but them. They dont realize that when theyre using public roadways, their actions DO effect other people.

Basically, they have the mentality that the cops are always 'out to get them'.

Each time they get pulled over for something they apparently feel that they need to post up about it and then it turns into a 'poor, pity me' thread and then into a bash the 'evil police' thread.

They feel that if cities were to give them their own 'stunt park/race park' that that would solve ALL the problems.

That if laws such as 'do a wheelie lose your license' are enacted, that this causes people to run so laws such as this shouldnt exist and they shoud be able to do wheelies or anything else whenever they want.

And the list goes on and on.....this is all I can think of right now. Im just getting tired of the attitude.....the site used to be full of grown ups with more grown up attitudes, but now these younger highschool-ish people have swarmed the site and totally ruined it....

Sigh....RANT over.
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post
    Basically, they have the mentality that the cops are always 'out to get them'.
    I would too if I were always doing something wrong

Comment

Depends what you mean by riding like jerks. Just speeding? I could understand why they would get mad for being pulled over and would even run. A bike is much lighter and more maneuverable than a car, and they're not putting others at risk nearly as much as themselves. But idiots who weave in and out of traffic bother me.

Comment

By jerks I mean acting like its their own private raceway.....they go 100 + down busy interstates on a consistent basis.....

I do see a problem with that kind of behavior.....and I see a problem with running when you're getting pulled for speeding (or anything else)....if you were to get pulled over in your car, you wouldnt run would you? So nothing justifies running on your bike either....
        Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 09-02-2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irespire View Post
          Depends what you mean by riding like jerks. Just speeding? I could understand why they would get mad for being pulled over and would even run. A bike is much lighter and more maneuverable than a car, and they're not putting others at risk nearly as much as themselves. But idiots who weave in and out of traffic bother me.
          So your saying speeding doesn't put others at risk?
          "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by exdrip View Post
            So your saying speeding doesn't put others at risk?
            I know I'm going to get flamed a lot for this, but no, simply 'exceeding the limit' does not really put others at risk any more than driving the speed limit, unless going the speed limit is too fast for conditions (snow, etc). Driving like a reckless idiot, especially in a big vehicle, does.

Going fast on a bike is far less dangerous to others if you hit them than a car, though.

OP, as for running away, it's because it's easy to evade the police on a bike for traffic infractions. I see no reason why you would take your ticket if you haven't done anything dangerous and can easily get away.

Comment

Umm, because you've broken the law?

Comment

I was on a ride along (i know nothing special) but were were on a traffic stop when two idiots downshift then wheelie up the slight hill and run for the fun of it. One had no plate and the other was folded up. He got the CVPI up to 110 rural highway and we weren't able to find them. It fully was his intent to get us to go after him and it worked but his actions were reckless. I totally understand why cops "target" them more cause of idiots that bring the sterotype to life. No offense CBR600. By the way have you seen the 08 cbr600 graffitti??
                Last edited by natejpg; 09-03-2008, 12:09 AM. Reason: got the wrong cc in the op's name
                Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

I know I'm going to get flamed a lot for this, but no, simply 'exceeding the limit' does not really put others at risk any more than driving the speed limit, unless going the speed limit is too fast for conditions (snow, etc). Driving like a reckless idiot, especially in a big vehicle, does.

Going fast on a bike is far less dangerous to others if you hit them than a car, though.

OP, as for running away, it's because it's easy to evade the police on a bike for traffic infractions. I see no reason why you would take your ticket if you haven't done anything dangerous and can easily get away.
                  Speed limits are put in place for reasons. Any number of things could happen on the road causing you to slam on your brakes, the faster you go the longer it takes to stop its that simple.

Now if you are speeding down rural highways your chances of something happening are greatly reduced and you can have your fun, but every time you drive at dangerous speeds you put others in danger by not giving yourself enough time to stop in a given situation, it doesn't matter what you are driving. I hope you can see how your wreckless behaviors can affect people (and kill/seriously injure them or yourself) and come to your senses.
                  Last edited by exdrip; 09-03-2008, 12:55 AM.
                  "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Let's see...

What about the mom with three kids in the back who swerves to avoid hitting the motorcyclist?

And at a high rate of speed, yes, it can do serious damage to another car.

And then there are pedestrians, bicyclists...

This attitude is purely selfish and juvenile.

Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                    Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

If by "this" you mean stupidity, condoning felonies and immaturity, then yes you may get flamed for that. Just a suggestion lose the since of entitlement and try to mature a little or you won't get very far in life (as it should be).
                      Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Im tired of seeing people weaving in and out of lanes IN TRAFFIC at 60+ MPH on their bikes. Sometimes I dont even see them till they fly by me inbetween lanes.

They are a danger to everyone but I think the NYPD is doing an alright job cracking down on this. It was worse last year.

Comment

Owning a motorcycle does not = you can drive like an ***hat. Because these bikes are capable of high speeds and are very maneuverable does not mean you can drive them in such a manner.

Just because one owns a Ferrari, Corvette, Viper etc. which are capable of very high speeds does not mean it is OK for them to consistently show the power of that vehicle on public roads, highways etc.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by natejpg View Post
                            I was on a ride along (i know nothing special) but were were on a traffic stop when two idiots downshift then wheelie up the slight hill and run for the fun of it. One had no plate and the other was folded up. He got the CVPI up to 110 rural highway and we weren't able to find them. It fully was his intent to get us to go after him and it worked but his actions were reckless. I totally understand why cops "target" them more cause of idiots that bring the sterotype to life. No offense CBR600. By the way have you seen the 08 cbr600 graffitti??
                            I know exactly what you're talking about when you mean bikes goad officers into chasing them.....some of these bikers on this exact site Im complaining about have relayed stories where they would flip an officer off, do a wheelie, then go 130+ and run hoping they'd chase. Its just all so annoying because the people who do not do 'off the wall' things while riding suffer because we're all lumped into one big group of 'nutso bikers' even if some of us are responsible.

And on a lighter note, I LOVE that new graffiti RR....definitely gives the bike personality
                            Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 09-03-2008, 08:19 AM.

Comment

So when you get some free time, go park in front of a motorcycle doing 90 mph and let us know how it was. I've seen a crash where a motorcycle driver killed the driver of a car, on a city street, not on interstate. You kind of need to have a clue to what you are talking about before you post.
                              Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5353 users online. 297 members and 5056 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X