300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protests

I am all for peoples right to protest. In light of the RNC and DNC I have to post this.
    Not everyone will agree with me but hey, this is America.

Let's say you have a protest group. They cannot stand Smith, who is running for President ( or who may be President) so they protest. You as an everyday commuter do not like Smith very much either, or maybe you are on the fence.
    So you drive by the corner of 5& Main and there are 1000 people with signs, on the sidewalks of all four corners getting people to beep their horns. You beep yours as well. You drive on and continue with your day.
    Different scenario- They decide to shut down the street, causing traffic to back up. You and everyone else is now going to be late. Maybe even you will lose your job over it. Maybe you are a business man and miss a meeting. How sympathetic are you going to be to their cause?
    If you were on the fence, these guys just ****ed you off, by making you late. Do you agree with them? Are you going out to join them? Probably not.
    Protesting is fine. I do not like the current administration. However I do not condone civil unrest to protest against it. Hold up all the signs you want.
    Hold rallys. Do NOT break windows or damage private property. That's not protesting, thats being an idiot. Don't do anything to **** off people that might be on your side.
    People that protest at the conventions are getting press for 24 hours and then they are forgotten. The people that get arrested get to stay in town a while longer in the county lock up, get to pay fines and restitution and get a criminal record. Nothing gets accomplished and the protest group comes off looking like a bunch of raving idiots. Who in their right mind would want to run around and tip over cars and set fires to protest a candidate? Saying the candidate is a moron is free speech. Tipping over cars and breaking windows is not.

+1

I am not so much a conservative, I just really really hate hippies.

When I was in college a group of drum circle hippies blocked off a street and I ended up being late for a pretty big test. I didn't finish it, failed it and almost failed the course. When I went to talk to the professor to explain myself, he didn't care one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by finfanfromWA View Post
      +1

I am not so much a conservative, I just really really hate hippies.

When I was in college a group of drum circle hippies blocked off a street and I ended up being late for a pretty big test. I didn't finish it, failed it and almost failed the course. When I went to talk to the professor to explain myself, he didn't care one way or the other.
      Hey, its YOUR fault for not knowing they were going to block off the street on your exam day! Why didn't you know!
      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5433 users online. 309 members and 5124 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X