300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen shot over eggs...

This is crazy, happened to a student at a high school a mile from my house and the shooting was right by here as well. I can't believe some people think these types of things justify a death sentence. Basically, the kid and some friends were out at night and egging cars. Did anyone call the police? No. Instead they walked right up to them and shot this boy in the head, killing him.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Police on Sunday were still searching for the person who shot and killed a teenager over a prank involving eggs.

According to investigators, Garrett Burton and some friends were throwing eggs at passing cars near Hilliard-Rome Road when someone approached the group and shot Burton in the head, killing him, 10TV's Glenn McEntyre reported.

The shooting happened Saturday morning at about 3 a.m.

"It wasn't something they should have done," said Patti Burton, Garrett's mother, "but they certainly did not deserve to be shot in the head over some eggs. This is a sick person."

Family members said Burton, who was a junior at Westland High School, was a sweet-natured boy who stayed out of trouble, McEntyre reported.

"He was a good boy, growing up to be a good man," said Patti Burton.

Patti Burton said police knocked on her door Saturday morning to deliver the news about her son's death.

"If I could just reverse this, I would much rather go downtown and take my child out of jail," Patti Burton said.

Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to contact Columbus police, or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at 645-TIPS.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.
    http://www.10tv.com/live/content/loc...g.html?sid=102

last night some kids egged my roommates girlfriends car while on her way home. I quickly checked to see if your story came from Michigan, lol.

Shooting someone over egging a car? Someone has an out of control attitude, thats just cold and evil.
    "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

I went out with an airsoft gun when I heard noises under my window like someone trying to open it and then stuff at the front door. I found out it was a buncha idiots from across the street that almost got shot (it's an auto that will give me the time I need) because they were playing pranks, but when I see a few kids and screaming don't shoot, they were lucky...

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
        I went out with an airsoft gun when I heard noises under my window like someone trying to open it and then stuff at the front door. I found out it was a buncha idiots from across the street that almost got shot (it's an auto that will give me the time I need) because they were playing pranks, but when I see a few kids and screaming don't shoot, they were lucky...
        Taylor.... are you serious here or just kidding?
        1*

Comment

Taylor, I highly recommend you don't take an airsoft gun to what could (for all you knew at the time) turn into a gun fight. Bluffing with firearms is bad mojo.

Comment

Fine, wont do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
              Do you have a death wish? It doesn't matter if it's automatic, it's an airsoft gun and it won't do anything against the very real pistols that will be on criminals breaking into homes. Stay inside, call the police. You defend yourself if necessary but you don't need to walk into a fight, especially a fight you won't win.

Comment

Several Teenagers out at 3am, I doubt it had anything to do with the eggs.

They were probably just having a Fellowship of Christian Atheletes meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                  Several Teenagers out at 3am, I doubt it had anything to do with the eggs.

They were probably just having a Fellowship of Christian Atheletes meeting.
                  They had eggs on them, broken shells were found on the site... seems pretty clear to me. It's not too unbelievable, a kid was just killed a year ago for the same thing on the westside of Columbus.

Comment

damn...waffles or pancakes i can see but eggs?
                    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Maybe they were shot because they were throwing free range eggs? The store bought stale eggs I can understand wanting to throw, but if they were wasting perfectly good free range eggs....
                      http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Taylor:

If you're in a real self-defense situation, if there isn't an adult and/or a real gun available, go to the kitchen and get one or two big knives, (I've often wanted to tell that to characters in movies) and keep them close to you, and don't show them, and especially don't stick them out, unless you're certain you have to stab or cut, and if you do have to do that, do so as quickly and decisively as you can, and pull them back and restrike immediately. I mean lightning fast. It's horrible, but it's serious. Once you know you have to defend, do it as you have to, do it instantly, and do it right. And if you don't have to, calm down, lighten up, and ease back, bro.

Airsoft is for simulations. Please don't be irritated at people here who've said you shouldn't try to scare someone off with a non-lethal replica of a firearm. They're trying to help ensure your safety and that of others. Please think this through, young man. I trust that you'll arrive at a safe and sensible policy.

Please be safe.

Regards,

Monty
                        Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 09-01-2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

similar to what happened here in Richmond. About a year ago, this pizza place was about to closing and gave out their last pizza. There were people in line to get pizza, but the shop was closing. The outstanding citizen behind that individual who got the last people got real mad, shot the guy who had the last pizza in the head, took the pizza, and ran off...i freaking love RVA....
                          dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

I'd be lying if I said I never went out egging, but thank God I never got shot over it. The things people will do over something so minor is scary.

And Monty, that sounded like damned fine advice.
                            son, if you keep this up, soon you'll inherit the family mullet!

Comment

Another sad part of this tragic incident is that the boy who died is the son of a Columbus Police officer.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...5.html?sid=101

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6087 users online. 351 members and 5736 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X