Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to make my police radio louder?

On its own, my police radio (Motorola MTS2000) is plenty loud enough. But when I put my ear piece in, I have to turn it up all the way. Then I bought some of the Surefire Comfort earpieces for it. They are comfortable, but I can hardly hear my radio with it. Nothing actually goes inside your ear canal, just around it. Anything I can buy to make the signal louder?

Thanks.
    The Lord is my Shepherd.
    I am His sheepdog.

Get a new earpiece... Q-Tips also work wonders!
    ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

Originally posted by drjordan View Post
      On its own, my police radio (Motorola MTS2000) is plenty loud enough. But when I put my ear piece in, I have to turn it up all the way. Then I bought some of the Surefire Comfort earpieces for it. They are comfortable, but I can hardly hear my radio with it. Nothing actually goes inside your ear canal, just around it. Anything I can buy to make the signal louder?

Thanks.
      Get a new ear piece. I had the same problem with my portable radio mic. Got a new mic, problem solved.

Comment

You may be using a line-level (30 decibel) output as an earpiece feed. That would need secondary amplification. A regular intended-for-earpiece output is typically 300 ohm, and the amplitude range is typically somewhat more compressed compared to that sent to the typically 4 ohm or 8 ohm speaker. You can do what you want to if your radio has a line-level output, as long as you bring in a secondary amp. Powered headphones have local-to-them amplification, and should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by ManInTan View Post
          Get a new earpiece... Q-Tips also work wonders!
          What he said.

I use a cheap $12 earpiece (lasts about two months before it breaks) and never had that problem with it.
          "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

I wish I had a radio in my car. We only have our portables and a spare battery. We also have to change channels for DL's, warrants, etc. It would be a lot easier to have one radio on main and the portable on whatever channel I (temporarily) was on.
            Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

with your index finger and thumb, grab the radio volume knob and GENTLY, turn it clockwise. it works wonders for me.

i know what you're saying. that earpiece is called a flexible open ear insert and i couldn't hear jack with mine either.
              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

It's probably the earpiece.

My primary radio is a Moto MTS2000. I have a couple of earpieces for it. One of them is extra loud for high-noise environments. If you use OEM Moto accessories, you have a couple options available that should suit your needs. Drop me a PM if you'd like, and I can get you part numbers and pricing.

Comment

EarHugger works great for me, but I have to use the insert that isn't open.
                  Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

a bigger ear??

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
                      The Lord is my Shepherd.
                      I am His sheepdog.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5784 users online. 316 members and 5468 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X