X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePublic
    replied
    Originally posted by 10-31Mike View Post
    I'm sorry, I was refering to your other pointless post where some guy got shot. I would have pointed that out but I thought everybody would figure it out. Forgot where I am.

You shouldn't have any questions, I'm with you there, seems perfectly legit. It is what is is. But then why post it?

It's like people posting a link to an article with no explination, question, or even a hint at what it is.

That leaves the rest of us scratching our heads wondering what your point is. If you're going to go to all the trouble of posting something it would make sense to say why you're posting it.

For? Against? Hey look at this idiot? What would you do? Something like that.
    Sure I hear you, but I post video threads from day to day as I run across them because I like pictures more than pointless chit chat about obvious emotions or facts. And what better pictures are there, but video!?

If I felt something was debatable I would probably include my own views, but something like this is just purely a "Wow, what was that guy thinking" type of post. If you notice, compared to a lot of forums online, this one doesn't get a lot of new threads each day ... so I'm just throwing out more data for folks to choose from. Can't be plain ole steak and potatos every night.

Leave a comment:

• JoePublic
    replied
    Originally posted by jonesy515 View Post
    You know, things have gotten pretty bad when people sit around their computers watching videos of other people getting killed and making jokes about it.
    We all die someday ... MOST of us don't go out in a blaze of "glory" like this, so on behalf of people "joking" about it ... sorry?

Leave a comment:

• 10-31Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by JoePublic View Post
    Yes, we ALL are guilty of monday morning quarterbacking a guy pointing a firearm at a SWAT team and then getting shot up with an MP5.

I didn't need to post up a "question" to get any dialogue flowing either. I have no questions, just the video, a new topic, something to discuss ... if you are so put off by this sort of a thread, then perhaps close your internet and go watch TV? You seem a l i t t l e overreactive.
    I'm sorry, I was refering to your other pointless post where some guy got shot. I would have pointed that out but I thought everybody would figure it out. Forgot where I am.

You shouldn't have any questions, I'm with you there, seems perfectly legit. It is what is is. But then why post it?

It's like people posting a link to an article with no explination, question, or even a hint at what it is.

That leaves the rest of us scratching our heads wondering what your point is. If you're going to go to all the trouble of posting something it would make sense to say why you're posting it.

For? Against? Hey look at this idiot? What would you do? Something like that.

Leave a comment:

• jonesy515
    replied
    You know, things have gotten pretty bad when people sit around their computers watching videos of other people getting killed and making jokes about it.

Leave a comment:

• JoePublic
    replied
    Originally posted by KY Blue 72 View Post
    Yeah there are a lot of officers here who like to post pointless comments like that. Just let them be. It makes them feel better about themselves.
    Roger ... the Farva's of LE.

Leave a comment:

• KY Blue 72
    replied
    Originally posted by JoePublic View Post
    Yes, we ALL are guilty of monday morning quarterbacking a guy pointing a firearm at a SWAT team and then getting shot up with an MP5.

I didn't need to post up a "question" to get any dialogue flowing either. I have no questions, just the video, a new topic, something to discuss ... if you are so put off by this sort of a thread, then perhaps close your internet and go watch TV? You seem a l i t t l e overreactive.
    Yeah there are a lot of officers here who like to post pointless comments like that. Just let them be. It makes them feel better about themselves.

Leave a comment:

• JoePublic
    replied
    Danger, monday morning quarterbacking, with no other information, or again not even a question from the OP to respond to (and 10 years after the fact) to follow:

Leave a comment:

• Bronze
    replied
    That video has to be about a decade old. IIRC, he was a mentally disturbed individual that had barricaded himself inside his house. He came out looking for trouble, leveled a weapon at an officer and then proceeded to die of lead poisoning.

Leave a comment:

• KY Blue 72
    replied
    Danger, monday morning quarterbacking, with no other information, or again not even a question from the OP to respond to (and 10 years after the fact) to follow:
    I am not even sure what that sentence means...
    But what I meant was that if you try and go up one against a swat team, you are basically committing suicide because you have no chance.

Leave a comment:

• Looker
    replied
    The camera guy might have been trying to commit suicide by cop however. If swat guy had missed a little those bullets would have been coming mighty close.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• 10-31Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by KY Blue 72 View Post
    This incident is many years old. The guy indeed committed suicide by means of SWAT team.

To me thats not suicide by cop, that's a guy looking to kill a police officer. He didn't succeed (I hope not anyway, since I have no idea why swat was there in the fist place), and got what he had coming to him.

(The camera guy might have been trying to commit suicide by cop however. If swat guy had missed a little those bullets would have been coming mighty close.)
    Last edited by 10-31Mike; 08-30-2008, 01:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KY Blue 72
    replied
    This incident is many years old. The guy indeed committed suicide by means of SWAT team.

Leave a comment:

• djblank87
    replied
    Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
    Oh.. wow. I guess it's because I've never seen what an MP-5 does.
    Don't worry Taylor13 someday you will and then you will understand, plus in a situation like that a pepperball gun would not be an appropriate choice to eliminate the threat.

Well, it's kinda like taking....well a pepper ball gun to gun fight....

Also, if I remember this incident correctly this was a stand off, not a warrant being served.....i.e. the cameras on scene as the events unfolded.
    Last edited by djblank87; 08-29-2008, 04:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• djblank87
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    PEPPER BALLED????!!!!!!

He sucked up 7-10 rounds from at least one MP-5.......those puffs you see are from stray rounds hitting the dirt......
    Exactly, Pepper Balled.....ummmm no! If you've herd an MP5 in action once then you pretty much will always recognize that sound.

This is an older video but a classic example of (Do not point firearms at law enforcement). This is a clean shoot, nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor13
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    PEPPER BALLED????!!!!!!

He sucked up 7-10 rounds from at least one MP-5.......those puffs you see are from stray rounds hitting the dirt......
    Oh.. wow. I guess it's because I've never seen what an MP-5 does.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6500 users online. 369 members and 6131 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X