X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: SWAT serves a shoeless, shirtless man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QxTZmqiDQ
    There is nothing to see here.

I'm don't understand. What does the man's choice of attire have to do with the fact that he pointed a weapon at the police, who responded appropriately?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Looks like he got pepper balled or whatever they used in there. That's what I think it's got to do with the shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        I'm don't understand.
        Neither do I.

* If you are going to commit suicide, put on your best suit ...
        A tux is a nice way to go. Your birthday suit is not.
        Nobody wants to look at a dead guys genitals. At least I don't ... much.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
          Looks like he got pepper balled or whatever they used in there. That's what I think it's got to do with the shirt.
          PEPPER BALLED????!!!!!!

He sucked up 7-10 rounds from at least one MP-5.......those puffs you see are from stray rounds hitting the dirt......
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Here's the silver lining.
            He did in fact have on underwear, and not just tightie whities.
            ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
            Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              PEPPER BALLED????!!!!!!

He sucked up 7-10 rounds from at least one MP-5.......those puffs you see are from stray rounds hitting the dirt......
              Oh.. wow. I guess it's because I've never seen what an MP-5 does.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                PEPPER BALLED????!!!!!!

Exactly, Pepper Balled.....ummmm no! If you've herd an MP5 in action once then you pretty much will always recognize that sound.

This is an older video but a classic example of (Do not point firearms at law enforcement). This is a clean shoot, nothing more.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                  Oh.. wow. I guess it's because I've never seen what an MP-5 does.
                  Don't worry Taylor13 someday you will and then you will understand, plus in a situation like that a pepperball gun would not be an appropriate choice to eliminate the threat.

Well, it's kinda like taking....well a pepper ball gun to gun fight....

Also, if I remember this incident correctly this was a stand off, not a warrant being served.....i.e. the cameras on scene as the events unfolded.
                  Last edited by djblank87; 08-29-2008, 03:20 PM.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

This incident is many years old. The guy indeed committed suicide by means of SWAT team.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KY Blue 72 View Post
                      This incident is many years old. The guy indeed committed suicide by means of SWAT team.
                      Danger, monday morning quarterbacking, with no other information, or again not even a question from the OP to respond to (and 10 years after the fact) to follow:

To me thats not suicide by cop, that's a guy looking to kill a police officer. He didn't succeed (I hope not anyway, since I have no idea why swat was there in the fist place), and got what he had coming to him.

(The camera guy might have been trying to commit suicide by cop however. If swat guy had missed a little those bullets would have been coming mighty close.)
                      Last edited by 10-31Mike; 08-30-2008, 12:23 AM.
                      "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by 10-31Mike View Post
                        The camera guy might have been trying to commit suicide by cop however. If swat guy had missed a little those bullets would have been coming mighty close.
                        +1

Comment

Danger, monday morning quarterbacking, with no other information, or again not even a question from the OP to respond to (and 10 years after the fact) to follow:
                          I am not even sure what that sentence means...
                          But what I meant was that if you try and go up one against a swat team, you are basically committing suicide because you have no chance.
                          sigpic

Comment

That video has to be about a decade old. IIRC, he was a mentally disturbed individual that had barricaded himself inside his house. He came out looking for trouble, leveled a weapon at an officer and then proceeded to die of lead poisoning.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, we ALL are guilty of monday morning quarterbacking a guy pointing a firearm at a SWAT team and then getting shot up with an MP5.

I didn't need to post up a "question" to get any dialogue flowing either. I have no questions, just the video, a new topic, something to discuss ... if you are so put off by this sort of a thread, then perhaps close your internet and go watch TV? You seem a l i t t l e overreactive.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7341 users online. 433 members and 6908 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X