300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officers and Playboy

I was watching t.v. the other night and saw an interview with an LAPD officer who is posing in an upcoming issue of Playboy magazine. I personally believe that the officer has the right to do this but, nonetheless, expect that she will be fired over this issue. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

I'm not in LE but I think this would mean that it undermines the respect of a police department for an officer to pose. I mean, sure, all men love those pics. But it is demeaning to an officer, I think, especially female police officers.
    We recently had an incident here that I personally laughed my head off about but the department took very very seriously.
    Several young officers wanted to enter either pics or videos in a contest. For their contributions, they chose several almost dressed models to pose with them. They filmed this in an airplane hanger. They covered up their names on their badges and nothing you could see on the car showed their names or the names of the city and sate they were from.
    Well, sure enough, a woman working at the airstrip saw this and CALLED the police. She was livid they were using police cars, actually. And the fact several were on duty when they were doing this.
    Talk about a sticky situation! Calling the cops on the cops! LOL! I personally thought it was very funy but our sheriff didn't. These officers were young but he socked it to them. Suspension, without pay. Apology letters to the woman who reported it. This will affect them for a long time.They are in deep deep doo doo.
    I still would have loved to have been there when the "cops" pulled up! LOL!I mean, I bet they were horrified when they heard the call went out about a disturbance at a police hanger! yikes! lol

Comment

I personally believe she has the right to pose for Playboy, too.

However, she will probably get in trouble for it; if not fired.

[This message has been edited by blondie72 (edited 05-27-2001).]
      [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

I believe there was a NYPD female officer who posed for them a few years ago. She was fired over it.

What a crock.

------------------
        "Don't teach in German, then test in Japanese!"
        6P1 (retired)
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

There was an NYPD officer that posed back in the early to mid nineties that was later fired. (I might still have that issue somewhere) I later heard on one the news magazines that they had used her posing as the reason for firing her but in reality it was her lack of productivity. They interviewed some officers that worked with her and all said that she hadn't made an arrest in several years despite working in a high crime area.
          In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Talk about a double standard....

No offense Mitzi but did you really mean it when you said "But it is demeaning to an officer, I think, especially female police officers.'

A couple years ago one of the large fire departments had a calendar of the men of the firehouse. All buffed out in provocative poses with fire equipment. Hey...if the girls got it and her significant other or family doesn't care...so what.

Let's turn it around...if she HAD been in Playboy, and applied for a job would she be denied. Hell they let dopers and crooks on the police department, a little skin would clean the place up.!!!!

------------------
            "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." General George S. Patton

[This message has been edited by Guard Dog (edited 05-27-2001).]
            "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

I'm old, Guard Dog, and jealous cause I can't pose! lol Yes, I thinkit is demeaning to all officers. There may come a time when it is more accepted but I don't even think the firemen should have posed. Just my opinion...

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 05-28-2001).]

Comment

"I later heard on one the news magazines that they had used her posing as the reason for firing her but in reality it was her lack of productivity. They interviewed some officers that worked with her and all said that she hadn't made an arrest in several years despite working in a high crime area."

Ofc. Shaya was fired because of her lack of productivity (her posing made people pay attention to her) and her unauthorized use of the NYPD patch during the photo shoot.

I say let the woman pose. It's her decision.

------------------
                Niteshift-
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I say let the woman pose.

Unless she's ugly. There should probably be a weight limit also.

It's her decision.

Yes, God bless her, it is.

------------------
                  In God we trust. All others we run through NCIC.
                  "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

Even if she's very heavy and butt ugly, if Hef wants to pay her and thinks people will buy the magazine, have at it.

It's not hurting anyone.

------------------
                    Niteshift-
                    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

But this and all the stars in Hollywood have a profound effect on our young people. Girls are anorexics because they want to look like Jennifer Lopez or Britney Spears. It also raises up sex as an issue, when young minds see this stuff. Of course, posing, the movies, stars, the least dressed.....it will always be around.

Comment

JLo and Britney aren't anorexic. And since we don't even know what this officer looks like, aren't we jumping the gun by saying that she'll present an unattainable goal?

------------------
                        Niteshift-
                        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Heck, if she feels comfortable posing then more power to her.

My problem lies with a society that encourages women to suppress their sexuality or be labeled as sluts. Women are expected to be "good girls" while "boys will be boys".

Women need to be taught how to feel comfortable with themselves and in their own skins. Half of what makes these women so sexy is the fact that they are confident and comfortable with themselves.

We need to work on helping young women feel comfortable with their own sexuality to the point that they don't feel inferior when another woman expresses hers.

Just my opinion....

[This message has been edited by goodgirl (edited 05-28-2001).]
                          "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Heres my two cents worth! First I think if she wishes to pose nude more power to her.

Second I dont know about anybody else but I personally dont find nudity demeaning to women. Keep in mind this is Playboy and not Penthouse, she will only be shown naked, she will not be having sexual relations in front of the camera.

I also dont think this issue of Playboy will make sex an issue in the lives of teenagers, sex has always been an issue in our society and it always will be. It is an issue I am always glad to discuss!
                            ------------------
                            [email protected]

[This message has been edited by SpecOpsWarrior (edited 05-28-2001).]

Comment

I don't believe we can be overly- simplistic, when examining gender- specific roles, or stereotypical attitudes, and behaviours; within their sociocultural context. I feel there is more than one dimension underlying the relationship between the media, sexuality, and body image issues for both men, and women.

I think you brought up a very good point, SpecOps. Nudity alone is not demeaning for women. As far as portrayal of unhealthy, and unattainable body image standards for women- I actually worry more about publications such as "Vogue", than I do about "Playboy".

BTW, don't you just love that spanking smiley! It's my all- time favourite
                              And the other smiley: LMAO!

[This message has been edited by blondie72 (edited 05-28-2001).]
                              [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5538 users online. 325 members and 5213 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X