300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man arrested for posing as armed deputy

I picture this guy driving there in his mom’s junky old car? what a ****ing tool,Bet the deputies are goanna have fun with him in the county jail.

Man arrested for posing as armed deputy at Manchester schools
    By Beacon Journal staff report

POSTED: 10:41 a.m. EDT, Aug 27, 2008

A 21-year-old Stow man was arrested Tuesday after he posed as a Summit County sheriff's deputy and carried a handgun into three Manchester school buildings Monday.

Ryan A. Worlow was charged with impersonating a peace officer, illegal possession of a deadly weapon in a school safety zone and criminal trespass.

New Franklin police said Worlow was dressed as a deputy and carried a Glock 22 40 when he visited with students and personnel at the schools, which were back in session Monday.

More law enforcement-related items were recovered in a search of Worlow's home in Stow, police said.

New Franklin police have scheduled a press conference on the case later this morning.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Where did he get a deputies uniform?
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Some of those guys are so wrapped up in the charade that they honestly believe they are performing an invaluable service to the community.

Back in the 80s, I was working graveyard shift and was at breakfast when a guy in civilian clothes approached me, sat down (uninvited) and asked me if I knew Sgt F. Well, I looked at him, knowing that the person he was inquiring about was me, and said, yes, I do know him. When I answered he looked me straight in the eyes and said Sgt. F is my best friend. He talked me into becoming a police officer.

He then pulled out a self made ID card, showed me his concealed weapon and a phony badge.

I excused myself and called for one of my units to respond for assistance.

Upon their arrival, one of my officers came up and said "Hey, Sgt F, what do you need?" I then advised the imposter he was under arrest and he was relieved of his regalia.

He looked at me and said, "What the hell is the matter with you. Don't you know me?"

Another case of idiocy confirmed!

He was convicted of posing as an officer, unlawful CCW, use of false identification - we found that he had approached a local business and flashed his ID to attempt to extort freebies - and extortion.

During the interview, he actually was convinced that we were in error and he was performing a valuable service to the community. We suspect he had made a number of illegal traffic stops among other miscellaneous unlawful acts.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I guess he didn't make it into the academy or has just lost all chances.

Comment

Why are there people like this out there?
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I don't know, Kansan, but I sure hope it's not because they just like the flashy blue and red and maybe white lights.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
              To guarantee our job security.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
              "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

We actually have a guy in our area that walks the malls in uniform and armed with shoulder patches that just say security, not pretending to be an officer, not working for the mall, just a volunteer mind you.

Comment

50% of the people I work with are posing as armed police officers.
                  "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                    Some of those guys are so wrapped up in the charade that they honestly believe they are performing an invaluable service to the community.

Back in the 80s, I was working graveyard shift and was at breakfast when a guy in civilian clothes approached me, sat down (uninvited) and asked me if I knew Sgt F. Well, I looked at him, knowing that the person he was inquiring about was me, and said, yes, I do know him. When I answered he looked me straight in the eyes and said Sgt. F is my best friend. He talked me into becoming a police officer.

He then pulled out a self made ID card, showed me his concealed weapon and a phony badge.

I excused myself and called for one of my units to respond for assistance.

Upon their arrival, one of my officers came up and said "Hey, Sgt F, what do you need?" I then advised the imposter he was under arrest and he was relieved of his regalia.

He looked at me and said, "What the hell is the matter with you. Don't you know me?"

Another case of idiocy confirmed!

He was convicted of posing as an officer, unlawful CCW, use of false identification - we found that he had approached a local business and flashed his ID to attempt to extort freebies - and extortion.

During the interview, he actually was convinced that we were in error and he was performing a valuable service to the community. We suspect he had made a number of illegal traffic stops among other miscellaneous unlawful acts.
                    absolutely wow.

Comment

More info on the story.

Weapon real, badge is not
                      Manchester grad arrested after man in fake uniform enters schools

By Bill Lilley
                      Beacon Journal staff writer

Published on Thursday, Aug 28, 2008

NEW FRANKLIN: A 21-year-old Manchester High School graduate with aspirations of becoming a police officer was arraigned Wednesday afternoon in Barberton Municipal Court on charges of impersonating a peace officer and carrying a deadly weapon in a school safety zone.

Ryan A. Worlow of Stow, who enrolled Aug. 18 in Stark State College's Continuing Education Ohio Police Officers Academy, also was charged with criminal trespass.

He is accused of entering Manchester High School, Manchester Middle School and Nolley Elementary School on Monday, carrying a Glock 22 40-caliber handgun and dressed as a Summit County sheriff's deputy.

''As a 2006 graduate, he [Worlow] was one of us,'' Manchester Superintendent Sam Reynolds said. ''That, plus it being the first day of school, made access even easier for him. . . .

''As I think back, it's really very scary. I'm both extremely angry that something like this would occur, but I'm also extremely grateful that
                      nobody was hurt.''

Worlow was arrested Tuesday by New Franklin police. He is being held at the Summit County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bond.

Worlow said he had ''not done this type of thing before,'' New Franklin detective Michael Korach said. ''We're continuing our investigation and we'll see if that statement is true.''

Korach said Worlow had ''no police record that we could find.''

Korach would not say what the intruder did at the three schools.

He ''spent a substantial amount with students and staff at the schools,'' Korach said. ''He was at the middle school around noon.''

Korach said the man's ''behavior raised some red flags. That caused people to start talking with each other and pretty soon, somebody called our department.''

Korach said his department received a tip at 1 p.m. Tuesday and began an investigation that led to Worlow. He said Worlow works as a security officer at Chapel Hill Mall.

''This was a very serious crime and we acted quickly to ensure the safety of the students and staff at the schools,'' Korach said. ''Through the cooperation with the staff at Manchester, we were able to promptly identify the person and make an arrest by 5 p.m.''

Korach said Worlow was not dressed as a deputy when arrested, but a search of his apartment in Stow turned up evidence.

New Franklin police said they confiscated four weapons — a Glock 22 40-caliber handgun, a Springfield XD-40 40-caliber handgun and two rifles — and ammunition.

Korach would not say whether the Glock 22 was loaded when the intruder was visiting students and staff members at the three schools.

Police said they also recovered a uniform with deputy sheriff patches on each shoulder of a black shirt and gold badge No. 821 with the words ''Summit County Deputy Sheriff'' inscribed.

Officers said there were also a gun belt, with a collapsible baton, pepper spray, two sets of handcuffs and a gold nameplate with ''Ryan Worlow'' etched into it, and standard-issue black shoes.

The clothing and equipment were ''indistinguishable from a true deputy's uniform,'' Korach said.

Reynolds, who is in his 39th year at Manchester schools and his fifth as superintendent, said he remembered Worlow well.

''He at least was here from the third grade on, but I think he had all 13 years in the Manchester schools,'' Reynolds said.

Sgt. Bob Saraceno of the Summit sheriff's investigative bureau said the uniform and equipment were realistic. He said the intruder probably acquired them through purchases from magazine ads or on the Internet.

''There were some minor inconsistencies that only a trained person would notice,'' Saraceno said. ''But to the lay person who doesn't deal with this, it is a deputy sheriff's uniform.''

Saraceno said Summit County Sheriff Drew Alexander will intensify his campaign to tighten regulations allowing the manufacture and sale of items that closely resemble official police uniforms and equipment.

Korach said New Franklin police would work with Manchester schools to look at their procedures. ''This is definitely something that needs to be addressed so that a better level of security for the students and staff can be provided.''

Reynolds said: ''We've always had a friendly atmosphere in the Manchester school buildings, but unfortunately, I'm afraid things are going to have to change because of this.

''We will have to take a long look at our safety procedures and make revisions. We'll have to make things tougher in terms of access to the buildings. We almost have to create a fortress at the school to ensure maximum security.''
                      Last edited by DACP; 08-28-2008, 06:21 AM.
                      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I remember running into fake officers here and there while working in VA. They were usually caught around the toll booth going into VA Beach for running the booth as police officers in their patrol cars didn't have to stop and pay.

The real question on my mind here is what was the intention of this guy going to schools? I assume he wanted ot impress former teachers and the kids maybe.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                          I think they're just that delusional. We had one here a few years ago, posing as a sheriff's deputy who got caught when he tried to do a traffic stop and two people ran from the vehicle and he called in on his cell phone for back up as an "off duty deputy". Four years before that, the guy'd been arrested after prowling through the police dept's garage and stealing ticketbooks and a radio, so I guess the obsession had been going on for awhile.

I'll bet the guy in the first article is much the same. Our fake deputy also worked as a mall security guard (and I swear, it seems that job really feeds into the delusions of those who might go this route).
                          Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

I think he was trying to get a date; the mall that he worked at is a popular hang out for the school kids. Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me sexual predator that is just my gut feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-31Mike View Post
                              50% of the people I work with are posing as armed police officers.
                              I know that is right!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3113 users online. 149 members and 2964 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X