300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about pics

I've been having a lot of fun posting pictures but I have one question. A couple of the pics I posted are large. Is that a problem, like with bandwidth or something? If so, I will just post smileys.
    By the way, have I mentions I do not like the flood control feature? Just me complaining

Oh stop snivelling! (Did I say that???)

I can't answer that question for sure, but I suspect it does. I'm sure that once in a great while would not be a problem, but Raychel is really the one to answer this.

------------------
    "Don't teach in German, then test in Japanese!"
    6P1 (retired)
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

HEY! I'm a world class sniveler!

Comment

Jesus Christ Don, you have created a monster.

Comment

lol, Mac! For some reason, I really took to the computer. I taught myself how to use it. And I do love it. My son and my husband aren't as good at it and they have to be real nice to me if they want me to answer questions. My husband was online the other night and kept getting cut off. He accused me of doing it! LOL! Wasn't me (it was his ISP having problems) but, I DO know how to do it LOL!
          When I was a newbie, I made the mistake of going on the chat lines. Wrong move! lol Lots of good people who know how to play havoc with your PC. In one week, I had one sob cut my connection 100 times. And they would turn my screen blue which would really mess up my computer for days. But,I fought back. I went into the teen rooms and just sat there and read as they were talking about their computers. Then, I started talking to them. They gave me hard time for a bit but eventually came to trust me. I never trusted them!!! lol! I learned so much, I became the terror of the chat lines. I never gave anyone a hard time. But, if they gave me a hard time, I'd tell them of my capabilities and that was that. I could cut their connection, make their screen turn blue, find their address and phone number (no, never used them. It was just to freak them out! LOL! I'd show them I had it and they took off!)
          I was one bad old lady. But, I never had to use this stuff. I'd show them what I was capable of on the screen and that usually was that. They would back off. Then, I got a firewall and that made me feel much safer.
          Well, my husband could believe me. He said, "You are 51 years old, Mitzi!" I said, "And I can now protect myself!" LOL!

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 05-27-2001).]

Comment

Using the occassional new smilie is fine, but we're going to ask people to refrain from using large pics or from making them part of their signature. It slows loading down and takes up space.

------------------
            Niteshift-
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

awwwww I can't find small smileys, Niteshift! I only have medium size ones but I'll keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
                awwwww I can't find small smileys, Niteshift! I only have medium size ones but I'll keep looking.
                Mitzi, if you find a smile you like you could always save it, resize it, and upload it to a free website then you can still use them.

Comment

I'm trying but the ones I have found are just a tad bit bigger then I should use, I think. I'm sure on the whole web, I'll find plenty of small things I can use. Is there anyway of doing this with pictures from your own files that you can make tiny?

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 05-27-2001).]

Comment

Yes Mitzi...well, kind of.
                    If you have a high resolution pic that you want to use, it can be resampled to 72 dpi for web use. If you have something like that, I'll be happy to resample it and return it to you.
                    Paul

Comment

I know how to shrink it but the problem lies in getting it into the post. I got the other off the web by copying it's location. But, I don't know what kind of adress I would use when I take it out of my files. How kind of you to offer to shrik the files for me, though.
                      I have several programs I can use to make them really small. But, I don't know the formula for getting it on the page if it isn't on a web page and just in my own files.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2677 users online. 134 members and 2543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X