300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• officer chris clites...CPD

Im wondering it any one has any information or stories about the shooting of officer Chris Clites. I have a VERY PERSONAL relationship with the incidnet, but was to young when it happend to fully understand what happend. If the the infomration is too senstive for this thread PLEASE send me a message... and I will explain my relationship with this shooting....thanks

Police Officer Chris Edward Clites
    Columbus Division of Police
    Ohio
    End of Watch: Friday, December 10, 1993

Biographical Info
    Tour of Duty: 2 years, 6 months
    Badge Number: 1493

Incident Details
    Cause of Death: Gunfire
    Date of Incident: Friday, December 10, 1993
    Weapon Used: Gun; Unknown type
    Suspect Info: Shot and killed

Officer Clites was shot in the head and killed as he and his partner attempted to stop fleeing robbery suspects. When Officer Clites confronted one of the suspects he was immediately shot in the head. As he fell to the ground both he and his partner returned fire, killing the suspect. After his death vandals defaced his grave on several occasions.

Officer Clites had served with the agency for 2.5 years. He was survived by his wife.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/585-poli...-edward-clites
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Officer Chris Clites

Date of Hire : May 27, 1990

Died in the line of duty:
    December 10, 1993
    In the early morning hours of December 10, 1993, Officer Chris Clites responded to a call for assistance from another officer who reported fleeing suspects from a routine traffic stop at St. Clair and Bonham Avenues. Officer Clites had joined two other officers in searching for the suspects when he was confronted by one of the perpetrators. Gunfire was exchanged and Officer Clites shot the suspect once in the chest before suffering a gunshot wound to the head. Officer John Holloway, who witnessed the shooting, also fired upon the suspect, who died at the scene.

It was later discovered that the fleeing individuals had robbed a convenience store earlier that day and were driving a stolen vehicle.

http://www.columbuspolice.org/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by SgtCHP; 08-26-2008, 08:57 AM.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5633 users online. 321 members and 5312 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X