300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official....

My family and I were sitting down to dinner when my doorbell chimes. I look out the window and I see a black and white just sitting in my drive. My first thought is "Who's gotten into an accident?" Turns out, it's a surprise home visit from a Sergeant who runs the Reserve Academy.

He's stopping by to see how I live (unfortunately house was trashed, been up all night with a 2 year old with 102 temp, and in the pj's LOL) and do a nice little on the spot interview. Things went well, and I wasn't even half as nervous as I'd thought I'd be. Shot the **** for a bit when he tells me That he's going to approve my application and lets me know when orientation is going to be.

Time to tie my shoes and hit that pavement LOL
    "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
    for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Cool,

Congratulations!
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Congratulations!!
      The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
      George Carlin

Comment

Congrats, now get those boots shinned....

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Unfortunately, I have to wait until orientation to find out what equipment I'll need. It's a really great program taught through our local college. MOST of the agencies from our county pull their Reserve Officers from the class, and the surrounding agencies have officers coming in to teach the academy. Now, off to shop for a good pair of running shoes and a humongo size bottle of Ibuprofen

djblank87 Congrats, now get those boots shinned. Yeah, luckily husbands 6 years Army and got all the neat tricks for boots and beer cans in your BDU's

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck! Being a reserve officer is a great way to get started in LE.
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
              im confused? are you going to be a sworn police officer and work for a dept?
              Not yet, I get approximately 25 college credits for attending 9 months. The academy is put together by county agencies so that the cadets, when/if they graduate can become Reserve officers. It mimics the Regional academy, but the local agencies won't hire you as a Reserve, unless you've had prior experience, or you've graduated the Reserve Academy.
              College credit towards AAS, good foot in the door, awesome experience for those who want to get into LE. Can't hardly wait

Comment

Been there with the kids and trashed house. And congrats on making the cut!

Have fun.
                The All New
                BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                  Been there with the kids and trashed house. And congrats on making the cut!

Have fun.

Yeah, older one (Special needs) has this thing about clean cloths in laundry baskets. Apparently just doesn't sit right with him and plays "Clothes 'Fetti" with them.
                  Wipes boxes get unloaded, pick those up, they move like a herd to unload the toy boxes, pick up the toys, stub your toe, step on Lego's you said you'd NEVER buy...ever, change a diaper. Now I've split them up, oh crap they have me on two fronts "You there.... on top of the chair put that Cheerio box....." F^@k! Cheerio avalanche all in the kitchen. Sweep those with a broom and dustpan. Alright... 1 kid...2.. wait a second. Where's the little one. F^@K he's got the broom. *CRASH* goes the pitcher of orange juice onto my newly swept floor. Get one contained in the torture chair. here's some baked beans. The bigger one, decided diapers aren't in style this season. *DING DONG* Oh well hello there Sergeant... Just having dinner, don't mind the orange juice LOL

He was pretty good humored about it all though.

Comment

haha congrats. sounds like great normal kids
                    "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5430 users online. 303 members and 5127 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X