300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Incident to Arrest

What would happen, hypothetically speaking, if you guys missed a 20$$$ crack rock on someone during a search incident to arrest...then they found it at the jail? The suspected crack rock would have been in the pocket, free standing, with change and lint.

The 'someone' would be charged with possession..
    summer - winter - work

Comment

In North Carolina the offender would get an extra felony charge of possessing a controlled substance inside a correctional facility. So long as the officer didn't have a history of missing such items on searches they would likely just be told to be more careful next time, at least at my department.
      -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

Does the county jail provide you internet now?
        Airborne Cops are closer to God.
        Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

You'd look like an idiot and the other guy would have more felony charges.

Does anywhere else post pics up like they do/did in South FL? I recall a wall of pictures of missed weapons and other misc items...

Comment

Charged with possession and introduction of contraband. 2 new felonies to bond out on...............
            Last edited by Monkeybomb; 08-25-2008, 11:39 PM.
            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
              Charged with possession and indroduction of contraband. 2 new felonies to bond out on...............
              Same here.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by SintoSaint View Post
                What would happen, hypothetically speaking, if you guys missed a 20$$$ crack rock on someone during a search incident to arrest...then they found it at the jail? The suspected crack rock would have been in the pocket, free standing, with change and lint.
                Other than feeling stupid for a while nothing would happen.. to me anyway. The criminal would get another charge.

Now if I missed a weapon that wasn't up his w***oo I'd have some explaining to do and might get an unpaid vacation.
                "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                  Charged with possession and introduction of contraband. 2 new felonies to bond out on...............
                  +1

I missed "something" once.

Lesson: I no longer do pat downs or searches w/ gloves on

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

The jail would call and say they found crack, so the guy would get a possession charge in addition to whatever he was booked for.

Comment

He would catch another charge. I would feel like a dumba55. My buddies would break my stones for awhile. When I was a newer officer, I asked another officer if he had had checked a guys wallet. He responded by telling me that it was not his first day on the job. I promptly pulled out a bag of weed and that officer felt like a dummy. He still catches crap about it when he forgets about it.

Comment

The jailer would write a supplemental report to my arrest and new charges would be added.

As far as the pictures of missed items....... the last time I was at Central in San Diego they were still doing it.

Comment

Whoever found the dope would write a supp report, and additional charges would be added....probably simple possession, as the judge that covered the last area I worked would refuse to file the 'possession in a custody facility' charge in cases like this......

and whoever booked and searched the guy would get written up for missing the dope.....
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

We have a clearly posted sign warning in custody suspects that they'll be charged with bringing contraband into the jail if they are found with any during the booking search. Additionally, officers will also routinely give a verbal warning and ask if there's anything not already seized that will lead to additional charges if they enter the facility with it.

Personally, I'd always prefer finding the contraband during a thorough pre-booking search in the field, at the time of arrest. Additional evidence (leading to the second charge) is usually located during W/C approved strip searches and of course those will only be done in the jail facilities.
                            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                              We have a clearly posted sign warning in custody suspects that they'll be charged with bringing contraband into the jail if they are found with any during the booking search. Additionally, officers will also routinely give a verbal warning and ask if there's anything not already seized that will lead to additional charges if they enter the facility with it.
                              Personally, I'd always prefer finding the contraband during a thorough pre-booking search in the field, at the time of arrest. Additional evidence (leading to the second charge) is usually located during W/C approved strip searches and of course those will only be done in the jail facilities.
                              So did we.....the judge said he could care less.....so, it was either charge for simple possession, or get the entire case kicked by the judge.....hopefully, this guy will retire soon......
                              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5747 users online. 325 members and 5422 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X