300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for both LEO and non-LEO

Last edited by fordman318; 03-28-2010, 11:56 PM.

Told the couple to "get over it" Anyone else wants to drop their two cents tell them what I tell everyone else. "Sir/Mam It is not safe to discuss this with you here and now, if you want to follow me to the station I am willing to discuss it to your hearts content...I get paid by the hour."
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

Id've understood youre doing your job. As an LEO, I probably wouldve told the old guy I was busy and I would talk to him when I was done.

Everyone is in such a big hurry anymore that if youre a minor inconvenience, they freak out about it.
      "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
      Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
      Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Last edited by fordman318; 03-28-2010, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Since you moved your vehicle as soon as you had the ability and time to do so, I see no problem or reason to get upset. Now as a civilian I probably would have been upset had you arrested the guy, confirmed the warrants and left the vehicles where they were while you waited for the tow. If the person wants to get mad, so be it, that is thier problem.

Comment

Pimp-slap her! She'll get the point.
            Airborne Cops are closer to God.
            Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

You must understand people's frustration. There is nothing that says you have to agree with it.

I think it was a bit harsh to threaten them because they were voicing a mere annoyance but, hey, you had multiple people in your hair at the time.

I would have told the old man that it is his right to complain about the performance of an officer at the department, not on the side of the road. Bye .

As a non LEO I would have been ****ed but I wouldn't have said anything. If I had seen the old guy harrass you about the U-Turn that would have drawn my anger more than this dipswitch in front of me getting pegged for theft warrants.
              -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

What's even more fun than all of that, is when you have a trainee (or a pardner). I worked mids and out in the boonies. So when my trainee would do a stop and had everything under control and a car would pull up behind us with their damn brights on, I would walk into the ditch and draw down on them.

I would always get a kick out of some moron nearly defecating his trousers who just wanted to "ask how to get to so and so."

All right, now. All you liberals tell me how I was wrong for doing so.

BRING IT!!!
                Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

heres my civilian opinion.

First of all, I would have disregarded the old mans statements. Its the nature of the elderly to ask questions and be negative.
                  I would have just said "please hold on a minute, I'm a bit busy"
                  Next, since this guy has warrants you obviously dont want to D1

If you blocked my car, would I be ****ed? NO. I wouldnt. You have a job to do, and its not your problem where the suspect stopped his car. Do they expect you to leave the suspect cuffed in the middle of the parking lot, then you drive your car to a spot and park it? Perhaps you parked the car tactically, and now they want you to move it. Thats not your problem, and I wouldnt expect you to do anything other than finish the arrest, and the prisoner is 1 under.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think you blew your cool and tossed your composure aside .... but I wasn't there so take it for what it's worth.

The old guy, as soon as he asked to speak to me I would simply have told him to stand by, that I'ld talk to him in a bit ... and then I'ld give him his few moments.

The couple you had blocked in, I would have asked them to wait a minute ... or maybe just ignored them in total for a minute until I had guy cuffed, then moved my car for them. How long could it take to cuff him and seat him in your car? Who says you can't then rearrange your car some, or let them out and take the empty space?

You can do your's and your department's public relations irrepripal harm. We don't have to turn an arrogant shoulder to them all. After all ..... they often vote on legislature and money issues. We do work for them.

You asked.
                    Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 08-26-2008, 12:19 AM.
                    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

As a non-leo I wouldn't be ****ed at all, I'd wait until you were visibly free and kindly ask you to remove your vehicle from my intended path of travel.

Comment

Truthfully, yes, I would be annoyed if I came out of a restaurant to find myself blocked in like that. Would I have said something? No, not if it looked like things were still pretty hairy. If everything seemed under control enough that I'd consider saying anything, it would be phrased more as a 'would it be possible to unblock, please' than a 'you need to move'. "You need to" phrasing, for me, is limited to addressing my children (I guess there's a sense of authoritative 'refusal is not an option' implied in the phrase--which certainly would get the back up of anyone who isn't rightfully under the authority of whoever's using the 'you need to' phrasing).

The elderly man's question, probably a 'not a good time' brush off would've been entirely appropriate.
                        Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by CajunController View Post
                          As a non-leo I wouldn't be ****ed at all, I'd wait until you were visibly free and kindly ask you to remove your vehicle from my intended path of travel.
                          And I'ld thank you for your patience and move it as soon as I could safely spare a moment to do so.
                          "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

I would have ignored all the distractions. None had a legitimate complaint. Someone that is whining will soon get the message if you act like they are not even in the world. You must have some real a---- where you work.
                            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The fact that the couple asked you that while you are trying to arrest someone who has warrants is ridiculous. Now, obviously they had no way of knowing that the guy you were arresting had warrants, but really that doesn't matter. I would never interfere with a police officer in the middle of a traffic stop by asking him questions or ASKING HIM TO MOVE HIS CRUISER SO I COULD LEAVE A PARKING SPACE. I don't care what you were doing, you were obviously in the middle of doing your job, the one they probably pay taxes to pay you to do. How would they have felt if the suspect fled while you were moving your cruiser so they could...what, get home in time to watch American Idol?

I've heard this from many people my senior, who have observed that young people more and more now-a-days are growing up with a sense of entitlement, and are more self-centered. Honestly, I'm pretty young and I'm part of the generation they're talking about, but it sounds to me like the couple and your wife in the story may be an example of that.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5698 users online. 319 members and 5379 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X