• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Pointing a gun at SWAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpoSOfTizEA
    There is nothing to see here.

Originally posted by JoePublic View Post
    He probably should have thought twice before pointing a gun at 6 SWAT officers...
    sigpic

Comment

Suicide by Cop......guess he got his wish.....
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
        ahahaha. wheres all the people crying in here about how sad this was?
        I think it's pretty sad. Like LA DEP said, it looked more like a suicide by cop than a legitimate desire to shoot police. That's a pretty unfortunate situation.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePublic View Post
          Normally....thats what happens.....when you point a gun at the police.

Comment

it looks like they may have not used lethal force but maybe a nonlethal shot?
            You do not use deadly force on a situation that does not need deadly force. You do use it on a situation that does need it. Basically you do not shoot someone that you do not intend to kill. If that is the case then you are NOT at deadly force, hence the word "deadly".

The reason most agencies aim for center mass is not because it is the most vital area, but because it is the biggest target. You start aiming for hands, fingers, legs and you will end up with alot of dead police officers.
            U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
            Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

If your stupid enough to point a gun at a cop, to me, your stupid enough to get shot.

Comment

Target practice
                Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

Originally posted by TPD Cadet View Post
                  You do not use deadly force on a situation that does not need deadly force. You do use it on a situation that does need it. Basically you do not shoot someone that you do not intend to kill. If that is the case then you are NOT at deadly force, hence the word "deadly".

The reason most agencies aim for center mass is not because it is the most vital area, but because it is the biggest target. You start aiming for hands, fingers, legs and you will end up with alot of dead police officers.
                  What does that have to do with his post? He was saying it looks like they might have used non-lethal force, not that they should have, but that it almost looks like they did.

Comment

Originally posted by kman1981
                    i dont intend to kill anyone. i intend to stop the threat....big difference
                    Yeah, I worded that completely wrong. What I was trying to say is that if you are at deadly force, and the suspect dies after being shot, there is no argument about "Well, they should have only shot him "x" amount of times." Or the good old "they could have shot the gun out of his hands."
                    Last edited by TPD Cadet; 08-26-2008, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazynova View Post
                      What does that have to do with his post? He was saying it looks like they might have used non-lethal force, not that they should have, but that it almost looks like they did.
                      I see, must have read it the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by TPD Cadet View Post
                        I see, must have read it the wrong way.
                        Happens to the best of us.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the use of force but the tactics don't make a whole lot of sense.

Plus there's a HUGE gap in the video between when patrol backed out and swat moved in. So I don't know why they decided to move in when they did if the guy was still just standing there like a moron.

Common sense tells me that if you move towards a person with a gun he's probably going to point it at you, which means you're going to have to shoot him. Fine. No problem with that.

But whats the rush? Was he holding a detonator to something? Maybe, I doubt it. Useless video without knowing what the real story is.

From just watching that I think a bean-bag or tazer might have saved some paperwork.

But again, wasn't there, and didn't even get to see 1/100th of the video since it was edited. Just glad the only person that got shot was the bad guy.
                          "Why is common sense so rare?" - Me

By the way.. They aren't "Clients" or "Customers" they're CRIMINALS... sheesh

Comment

it looks like they may have not used lethal force but maybe a nonlethal shot?
                            Doubt it.....take a look at the way the guy falls to the ground.....looks like a brain stem hit to me.......like maybe from a long rifle that had a bead on him.....although I dont see the usual blood/bone/matter spray from a large calibre round, it doesnt always happen
                            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

The sad thing about this incident was the patrol officer at the rear of the car. He and his partner were in a bad spot. The patol officer should have had his butt on the other side of the car. His partner was a little better off, but car windows don't stop bullets. He probably should have positioned himself at the very front of the car.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3873 users online. 294 members and 3579 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X