X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana found growing in mall...

http://www.miamiherald.com/459/story/654743.html

http://www.nbc6.net/news/17274797/de...l?dl=mainclick

Where was the weirdest place you guys found a grow house?...

Marijuana found growing in mall

Posted on Sat, Aug. 23, 2008

BY NATALIE P. McNEAL
    [email protected]

Drug Enforcement Administration agents discovered more than 200 marijuana plants growing inside the Mall of the Americas in West Miami-Dade County.

On Friday evening, DEA agents announced the ''grow house'' in a 400-square-feet storage area on the second floor of the West Miami-Dade County mall. Agents didn't disclose Friday night who was responsible for the three-to-six-feet tall illegal plants.

The plants could fetch at least $3,500 per pound (each plant is considered a pound when harvested) on Miami streets. If the plants were shipped north to New York, they could fetch $7,000 per plant, said DEA special agent Jeannette Moran.

Agents are especially concerned about the grow house because it diverted electricity from other sources in the mall, which could lead to electrical problems, Moran said.
    sigpic

In my sons room... oh what a wonderful conversation that was. At least where he's at now it's legal by state law.

Seriously, in a mall? More than a few had to have known about this, janitors maybe? I mean... custodians.

Comment

Ahh, I miss home... This crap could only happen there!

Comment

Funniest was a guy had the walkway to his house lined with really big container planters with about 3 foot marijuana plants in each one. He had the same decorating his back yard. I think we took about 30 plants and he couldn't figure out how he got caught. Nope weed doesn't make you stupid at all......
        The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Cajun,
          There is No State in the U.S. where MJ is legal other than medicial purposes........................................

Comment

So, if you can seize a car when you find drugs in it, can you seize a mall when you find drugs there?

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
              So, if you can seize a car when you find drugs in it, can you seize a mall when you find drugs there?
              Well if I saw it right, it was done inside the AMC movie threater (I might be wrong)...So officers/feds can go to the movies for free...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                Cajun,
                There is No State in the U.S. where MJ is legal other than medicial purposes........................................
                That is what I left out, sorry... it is a medical grow under the limits even. Just for my daughter-in-law's mother, she has MS.

Comment

Funniest was a guy had the walkway to his house lined with really big container planters with about 3 foot marijuana plants in each one. He had the same decorating his back yard. I think we took about 30 plants and he couldn't figure out how he got caught. Nope weed doesn't make you stupid at all......
                  I'm guessing he was stupid way before the weed came into play

As to the mall, that is unreal. I would have loved to have heard the conversation hatching THAT plan...

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                    I'm guessing he was stupid way before the weed came into play
                    He was a stereotypical stank foot hippie Literally smelled him before we found him hiding in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                      Ahh, I miss home... This crap could only happen there!

Man, I left S.Florida for a little bit and felt like a fish out of water...There is no place like home...
                      sigpic

Comment

Why do they feel the need for the big exaggeration about potential yields?

1 pound per plant? Of stem and leaves I guess. Thats not going to fetch the 3,500 bucks though. One to two ounces of finished product is more typical. 1/4 pounds of buds is a big plant, unlikely for indoor grow.

Comment

For ditch weed I would agree. For kind bud 3,500 is about right if not a little low. A good quality grow will produce enormous buds capable of serious weight. Normal grows if you got a grand per plant I would be impressed. $1,000 per plant has been the industry standard for years...............

Comment

Funniest was a guy had the walkway to his house lined with really big container planters with about 3 foot marijuana plants in each one.
                            Funniest I had was years ago over in Hawaii. I went over to a cop's house and he led us back to his deck. After I sat down he got a funny look on his face when he realized he'd had me sit down in a chair next to a small MJ plant in a pot. He got all flustered and said it belonged to his girlfriend and he really should get rid of it.

I just thought it was funny. It's so common over there, or at least it was when I was living there, that I didn't see it as a big deal. Heaven knows I saw many people with many more plants. It was just funny to watch him squirm when he realized his little indiscretion.

Comment

About 15 years ago one of our line-staff officers grew a plant in a large planter in the Chief's office. It obviously didn't get the chance to get too big, but it was classic! After much laughter by the Chief once he figured it out, the officer was "verbally reprimanded." Then they probably went out for a beer. Times have changed...
                              He who feels punctured must once have been a bubble. --Lao Tzu

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5830 users online. 316 members and 5514 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X