Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice To Illegals Aliens-we Are Coming For You!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice To Illegals Aliens-we Are Coming For You!!

Immigration Agency Vows More Enforcement

AP

8-22-08

SANTA ANA, Calif. Federal immigration officials vowed Friday to intensify efforts to track down illegal immigrants after scrapping a trial "self-deportation" program that attracted only eight volunteers.

Though the 2 1/2-week effort produced few volunteer deportees among illegal immigrants who are under court orders to leave the country, a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement official said his agency will arrest more of them this year than last and still more next year as more agents are assigned.

"We are going to continue our enforcement of immigration law whether it is convenient for people, or whether it's not convenient," Jim Hayes, ICE's acting director of detention and removal operations, told reporters.

"Congress has mandated that we enforce these laws and that is what we intend to do," he said.

Immigrant advocates accused ICE of using the failure of the "Scheduled Departure" program to justify raids that have caused many illegal immigrants to live in fear of a pre-dawn knock on the door. They ridiculed the self-deportation program, saying it gave people no incentive to surrender.

"It seems to me ICE used this as nothing more than a publicity ploy as a means to justify their harsh enforcement of immigration law," said Charles Kuck, president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

Kuck said he supports enforcement but that ICE could handle cases in a gentler way after arresting people at home. Instead of jailing them, for example, they could allow them to wear ankle bracelets while preparing to depart.

The self-deportation pilot program gave illegal immigrants up to 90 days to leave the country and was intended to quell criticism that its enforcement is heavy-handed and disruptive to families. Critics noted that those who participates were barred from returning to the United States for as long as a decade.

The program applied to only about 457,000 of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants nationwide. It was open only to those who have ignored judicial orders to leave the country but have no criminal record.

The program was offered in five cities: Charlotte, N.C., Chicago, Phoenix, San Diego and Santa Ana. ICE estimates that 30,000 eligible immigrants live in those areas.

ICE has been steadily expanding the number of agents charged with finding fugitive illegal immigrants. Its fugitive operation teams made more than 30,000 arrests during the last fiscal year, nearly double from the previous 12-month period.

Hayes said that during the time the self-deportation program was going on, the teams made 1,300 arrests.

Critics say ICE often arrests others who just happen to be at home when agents come looking for fugitives. About 31 percent of immigrants arrested by the teams last year had no order to leave the country or criminal record.

ICE has also been increasingly raiding workplaces, including nearly 400 people in May at an Iowa meatpacking plant, the largest single-site raid in U.S. history.

The eight volunteers include an Estonian man in Phoenix, a Guatemalan man and Indian couple in Chicago, a Salvadoran man in Charlotte, a Mexican woman in San Diego and a Guatemalan man and Lebanese man in Santa Ana, according to ICE.

ICE spent $41,000 to advertise the program. Hayes said the government saved money because the cost of detaining the eight who turned themselves in would have been $54,000.
    Calling an Illegal Alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist.

Go get em' boys!

Comment

No matter how many we ship back to Mex they will just come back, it's just that easy for them. Sad but true

Comment

How bout coming to get the illegals we call about on a weekly (almost daily) basis??
        Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Critics say ICE often arrests others who just happen to be at home when agents come looking for fugitives. About 31 percent of immigrants arrested by the teams last year had no order to leave the country or criminal record.
          So critics are upset because ICE is doing their job.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            So critics are upset because ICE is doing their job.
            How about going to chicago and liberate that sanctuary city,and take Mayor Daley, Gov Blago and the rest of their leftest liberal team with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie View Post
              No matter how many we ship back to Mex they will just come back, it's just that easy for them. Sad but true

All you have to do is sieze the assets of the people who hire them, and the illegals will have not reason to visit here.

Comment

They need to pass a law saying that children born to illegal immigrants in the US, are not US citizens.
                What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

They need to pass a law saying that children born to illegal immigrants in the US, are not US citizens.
                  That probably requires a constitutional amendment.
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                    That probably requires a constitutional amendment.
                    So it is possible. Sounds like someone needs to start working on that.
                    What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

So it is possible. Sounds like someone needs to start working on that.
                      Any change in the law is possible, but many changes are more difficult to effect than others. Passing a law of the type you propose would accomplish nothing. Anything that requires amending the constitution is extremely difficult because it requires a 2/3 vote of each house and ratification by 3/4 of the states.
                      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I disagree. I believe the Constitution and it's ammendments are just fine and should be left alone. What needs to happen is "taking the gloves off" so to speak, and actually enforcing the laws that are on the books.
                        "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Actually the 14th ammendment states "anyone born in the United States and whose parents are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, are citizens of the US.

If someone is here illegally or here on a work/tourist visa, and they give birth in the US, the child should NOT be considered a USC.
                          Last edited by NYCBP; 08-23-2008, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCBP View Post
                            Actually the 14th ammendment states "anyone born in the United States and whose parents are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, are citizens of the US.

If someone is here illegally or here on a work/tourist visa, and they give birth in the US, the child should NOT be considered a USC.
                            I don't know which Constitution you got that from, but Section 1 of the 14th Ammendment of the United States Constitution reads:

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
                            Regardless of that, even if it read the way you said... Subject to the jurisdiction has nothing to do with legal status as it pertains to citizenship. In very crude terms, if a cop can walk up to you in the street and arrest you then you are subject to our jurisdiction. Not being subject to jurisdiction plays out with people such as foreigners who have diplomatic immunity or invading armed forces. Someone like that can have a child who is born in the US but not subject to its jurisdiction. Based on the 14th Ammendment, you need to meet both guidelines to be a born citizen. Having one or the other by themselves means nothing, and whether your parents are illegal aliens or from the planet Mars means nothing as well.

Jeez, by the way some of your partners brag on here, I thought they taught Nationality Law and Immigration Law at the CBPO Academy
                            Last edited by yellowreef; 08-23-2008, 07:19 PM.
                            "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie View Post

Here is the fix.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5908 users online. 321 members and 5587 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X