Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University tells off-duty officers "No carry on campus"

http://www.wsmv.com/video/17259509/index.html

There are officers who are both students and instructors on this campus who have been told they cannot carry firearms on campus.

More idiots banning guns making it safer for the criminals
    Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

wonder how they will enforce that as Missouri Statute Section 571.030, 2(1), specifically exempts law enforcement officers both on and off duty, in or out of their local jurisdiction, from concealed carry restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by tiny View Post
        wonder how they will enforce that as Missouri Statute Section 571.030, 2(1), specifically exempts law enforcement officers both on and off duty, in or out of their local jurisdiction, from concealed carry restrictions.
        Does that exemption also cover private property?.....
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

The brains of America, folks! These people are educating our future generations!
          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
          -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
            Does that exemption also cover private property?.....
            Probably wouldnt, but isnt MTSU a state university. Dont think they could enforce that on public property. Kind of like the Del Mar Fair incident a few years ago....... tried to ban LEO's with off duty guns, but lost in court because it is public property.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz View Post
              Probably wouldnt, but isnt MTSU a state university. Dont think they could enforce that on public property. Kind of like the Del Mar Fair incident a few years ago....... tried to ban LEO's with off duty guns, but lost in court because it is public property.
              Could be.....most Hoplophobes like this wont back off without a court order though......since guns are evil magic in their eyes.....
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

When will people realize that a prohibition is just words on paper and will not keep an active shooter from bringing their guns in? It is asinine to have the mentality that even LEO's guns should be banned because guns are the root of all evil...
                "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

And I recently heard some Universities want to change the legal drinking age to 18, go figure??

Comment

Originally posted by tiny View Post
                    This is in Tennessee, not Missouri.

Comment

if ur carrying concealed whos gonna kno but you

Comment

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs73 View Post
                        if ur carrying concealed whos gonna kno but you
                        If you watch the video, one of the issues is that some officers are attending classes immediately before or after their shifts, while still in uniform. That means that if a shooter shows up, they're a target in their uniform, but unarmed. Sounds like a lose/lose situation.

I'm in favor of both LEOs and ccw permit holders being able to carry on campus, like they can currently in Utah. I'm not saying this to put down LE at all, but no campus shooting that I've ever heard of has been stopped by a police officer. If licensed civilians were allowed to carry, I believe it would create a safer environment.

Comment

There was a federal law passed a few years ago that allows off duty police officers to carry their guns anywhere in the united states. My department policy even says I have to unless I am at an establishment that serves alcohol and I am drinking. So the college can have its rules but its more of a 'civil issue'. Personally, If I were the officer I would stop teaching or attending classes there unless they changed it.
                          Last edited by DeputySC; 08-23-2008, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, I think that many of these policies are reactions to the "shall-issue" CCW laws most states have adopted.
                            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                              http://www.wsmv.com/video/17259509/index.html

There are officers who are both students and instructors on this campus who have been told they cannot carry firearms on campus.

Wonder what would happen if the campus administration called the police -

and nobody showed up...
                              Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6147 users online. 328 members and 5819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X