300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop hurt in crash with bull, WTF?!

yea a bull! this happened in the city next to where i grew up. there use to be a lot of cattle and such out there but new houses have taken up most of the land. guess not all though. prayers to the officer for a speedy recovery.

BANNING - A police sergeant driving to work Thursday morning struck and killed a 900-pound bull that wandered onto a two-lane road.
    The bull was eating in some 4-foot bushes at 5:46 a.m. when he decided to move out of the bushes to another area, said California Highway Patrol Officer Chris Blondon.

The Banning police sergeant, who was driving about 55 mph on Highland Springs Road near Brookside Avenue, passed a vehicle in front of him and then merged back into his lane.

"That's when the bull stepped into the roadway," Blondon said.

The sergeant's 1997 Chevy Silverado pickup struck the bull, veered across the road into a dirt field and flipped over.

Officers received reports that the crash trapped the driver in the vehicle. He complained of pain to his back, neck and chest.

Paramedics took him to San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital.

The bull died at the scene, Blondon said.

The owner of the bull used a skip loader and pickup truck to remove the dead animal.

Banning police Sgt. Adam Ortiz said the sergeant was still in the hospital Thursday afternoon receiving treatment.

The truck was totaled, he said.

"It happens on rare occasions, but I don't remember the last time that happened," Ortiz said. http://www.sbsun.com/ci_10270255?source=most_viewed
    This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

At least he was in a solid truck. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

So uh.... whats for dinner?
    "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
    Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
    Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp View Post
      At least he was in a solid truck. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

So uh.... whats for dinner?
      So, was that by chance an Angus?

Ditto on the fact he was in a pickup. Back in the '60s my brother hit a cow on the open range in southern Utah while he was driving a Corvair. Ironically, they didn't total the Corvair. They basically just cut off the front clip and riveted a new one in place. He was also liable for the cost of the cow.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5799 users online. 315 members and 5484 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X