Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here have Blackhawk SERPA holster?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FJDave
    replied
    I use mine for off-duty and for station desk duty. I absolutely love it. It does take a little practice to get used to the finger button release though.

Leave a comment:

• TX_Loudmouth
    replied
    I have one and love it.

Leave a comment:

• Oddball-Six
    replied
    Forgive the double post. Found the pics.

This is on a dress belt when i first got the thing demonstrating the adjustment to any size belt.

In reality the dimensions and profile of the holster mean that you need some other form of concealment if you decide to carry off duty. In this case, I usually use this holster when I am in a suit or doing something where I will be in a jacket all day.

Im a pretty big guy but the thickness and OWB nature of this holster means that even with the whole loose-and-long t-shirt you still get a pretty substantial print.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Oddball-Six
    replied
    Hobbsie is entirely correct here. You have to remove both side tabs which are there in case you want to fit to a smaller belt or a "dress belt". This can be easily done via a number 2 phillips.

I personally really like the platform. When i got mine, i wrote a review on another site and i will have to go dig it out. I was able to jump and roll around without ever losing the weapon. It also aided active retention against my wife (not a hardened criminal by any means of course but at least it wasnt an easy grab).

The 3 different position adjustments on the back which are also easily modifiable by screw driver are nice too as it allows carry at vertical as well as two different levels of angle depending on where you want to carry it relative to where the draw force will be applied.

Just to give you "the other side" as well, some folks dont like the fact that the retention on the SERPA is just friction and a standard trigger guard pinch + a small tab that interacts with the button however I have yet to have a single incident with anything "jarring" or "pulling" my XD loose.

If you prefer (or are required) to add additional levels of retention, Blackhawk have additional models available with thumb-break type retention.

Let me know if you want pics and I can toss them up.

Leave a comment:

• KY Blue 72
    replied
    Its an awesome holster. Definitely go with it.

Leave a comment:

• cob963
    replied
    We hardly have to carry in the jail but when we have hospital duty, we have to carry. I just want a low profile holster so that i can just leave on my duty belt just in case i got hospital duty. I carry a duty belt everyday at work and hate to take stuff out and rearrange it to fit the department's Safariland holster.

Leave a comment:

• yellowreef
    replied
    I have one and love it. But just so you know, it will stick out a lot from your body, almost as much as a duty rig. So if your intention is to use it off duty, keep this in mind.

Leave a comment:

• cajunguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Freddie View Post
    I have a Safariland fake-leather basketweave belt with velcro on the back. I guess I've always assumed that my off duty SERPA would not fit on my belt (I've always used the low ride duty version on my belt).

On a whim, I also just tried to fit my off-duty SERPA onto my belt, it's REALLY tight, but maybe with pliers I could pull the belt through it. Just don't ever re-arrange your belt!
    You are absolutely correct. It is a tight fit. But it does fit.

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
    Just out of curiousity, why are you attempting to fit the non-duty SERPA onto your duty belt? Does it have a big advantage over the duty SERPA holsters? I have three SERPA holsters, including one I use every day for duty, but I guess I just don't get it with regards to the duty belt.
    If memory serves me correctly, I believe the duty version may have still been on Blackhawk's drawing board when I bought my CQC. I don't recall that the duty models were available at the time. Could be wrong, but that's the way I remember it.

I tried it on my duty belt on a whim, and after I figured out that it fit, I liked it enough to leave it on. Been wearing it ever since.

I originally bought it as an off-duty holster for my Para, but now I've ordered another Serpa for off-duty, since it's too darn much trouble to keep taking it off/putting it on (my duty belt).

I had tried the Fobus and Uncle Mike's Kydex holsters previously. Was definitely NOT impressed with the Fobus, and didn't feel the Uncle Mike's was secure enough.

That's about it in a nutshell.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie
    replied
    I have a Safariland fake-leather basketweave belt with velcro on the back. I guess I've always assumed that my off duty SERPA would not fit on my belt (I've always used the low ride duty version on my belt).

On a whim, I also just tried to fit my off-duty SERPA onto my belt, it's REALLY tight, but maybe with pliers I could pull the belt through it. Just don't ever re-arrange your belt!

Just out of curiousity, why are you attempting to fit the non-duty SERPA onto your duty belt? Does it have a big advantage over the duty SERPA holsters? I have three SERPA holsters, including one I use every day for duty, but I guess I just don't get it with regards to the duty belt.

Leave a comment:

• cajunguy
    replied
    Originally posted by cob963 View Post
    thanks, that's what i wanted to know. what type of duty belt do you have because the I have the nylon one and it's slightly bigger than the regular 2.25 basketweave.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blledugetrbe1.html
    We wear the standard Safariland leather basketweave belt. Just for sh*ts and giggles, I measured mine a few minutes ago to confirm, and it is the 2.25 inch width. Don't know about the nylon belt width. Like I said, sliding the CQC onto my belt, it is a snug fit, but that keeps it from moving even the slightest bit.

Good luck with it. I think you'll like it if you can make it fit the belt.

Leave a comment:

• cob963
    replied
    Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
    Like Hobbsie said, it DOES fit the 2.25" duty type belt. I've been using mine for a couple of years.

You do have to remove the little slide adjustment thingys first. It gives a very snug fit on the belt. Doesn't slide around or move at all.

By adjusting it to a forward cant (grip to the rear), it gives you a super fast draw with just a little practice. You come out of the holster with a proper firing grip as opposed to a rear cant where you draw with a "bent wrist" and have to adjust.

Several other deputies bought one after they saw mine.

BTW, did I mention that I love my CQC?

thanks, that's what i wanted to know. what type of duty belt do you have because the I have the nylon one and it's slightly bigger than the regular 2.25 basketweave.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blledugetrbe1.html

Leave a comment:

• cajunguy
    replied
    Like Hobbsie said, it DOES fit the 2.25" duty type belt. I've been using mine for a couple of years.

You do have to remove the little slide adjustment thingys first. It gives a very snug fit on the belt. Doesn't slide around or move at all.

By adjusting it to a forward cant (grip to the rear), it gives you a super fast draw with just a little practice. You come out of the holster with a proper firing grip as opposed to a rear cant where you draw with a "bent wrist" and have to adjust.

Several other deputies bought one after they saw mine.

BTW, did I mention that I love my CQC?

Leave a comment:

• BikeCop501
    replied
    love mine, use it for off duty and open carry

Leave a comment:

• Monkeybomb
    replied
    If your asking about a duty belt. No that holster won't fit. I twill fit a 2 inch normal or web belt. I carry mine with the belt slides in on a 1.75 inch web belt.

Leave a comment:

• DaOneandOnly
    replied
    I have the same holster but I don't use it on my belt. I have the paddle attachment for the holster and I find that it keeps it closer to my body and the holster doesn't have as much "give" making it easier to draw from the holster.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4850 users online. 290 members and 4560 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X