Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here have Blackhawk SERPA holster?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We hardly have to carry in the jail but when we have hospital duty, we have to carry. I just want a low profile holster so that i can just leave on my duty belt just in case i got hospital duty. I carry a duty belt everyday at work and hate to take stuff out and rearrange it to fit the department's Safariland holster.

Comment

Its an awesome holster. Definitely go with it.
      sigpic

Comment

Hobbsie is entirely correct here. You have to remove both side tabs which are there in case you want to fit to a smaller belt or a "dress belt". This can be easily done via a number 2 phillips.

I personally really like the platform. When i got mine, i wrote a review on another site and i will have to go dig it out. I was able to jump and roll around without ever losing the weapon. It also aided active retention against my wife (not a hardened criminal by any means of course but at least it wasnt an easy grab).

The 3 different position adjustments on the back which are also easily modifiable by screw driver are nice too as it allows carry at vertical as well as two different levels of angle depending on where you want to carry it relative to where the draw force will be applied.

Just to give you "the other side" as well, some folks dont like the fact that the retention on the SERPA is just friction and a standard trigger guard pinch + a small tab that interacts with the button however I have yet to have a single incident with anything "jarring" or "pulling" my XD loose.

If you prefer (or are required) to add additional levels of retention, Blackhawk have additional models available with thumb-break type retention.

Let me know if you want pics and I can toss them up.
        -------------------------------
        You can't fix stupid, but you can arrest it. - LINY

"Their house, their rules. And when they get robbed, they can call 911 and ask them to send a hippie to protect them." - ateamer

Comment

Forgive the double post. Found the pics.

This is on a dress belt when i first got the thing demonstrating the adjustment to any size belt.

In reality the dimensions and profile of the holster mean that you need some other form of concealment if you decide to carry off duty. In this case, I usually use this holster when I am in a suit or doing something where I will be in a jacket all day.

Im a pretty big guy but the thickness and OWB nature of this holster means that even with the whole loose-and-long t-shirt you still get a pretty substantial print.
          Attached Files
          -------------------------------
          You can't fix stupid, but you can arrest it. - LINY

"Their house, their rules. And when they get robbed, they can call 911 and ask them to send a hippie to protect them." - ateamer

Comment

I have one and love it.

Comment

I use mine for off-duty and for station desk duty. I absolutely love it. It does take a little practice to get used to the finger button release though.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Smurfette
              Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
              Originally posted by DAL
              You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3197 users online. 166 members and 3031 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X