300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Firearm....lets settle this

Ok...I have talked with many cops East coast to West coast and it seems that its split down the middle when it comes to a backup firearm. Revolver or Semi Auto????? Now both have good points and bad.

You go with the Revolver and you get a weapon that you KNOW will fire but are limited on ammo. Now some cops would say that you are gonna need that revolver when sh*t hits the fan and your rolling around in the mud (only one shot will be needed)

Now semi Autos work well and hold more ammo but you run the risk of the slide catching on your clothes or a jam when "sh*t hits the fan and your rolling around in the mud."

What do you think?
    Revolver
    34.62%
    Semi Auto
    59.62%
    None
    5.77%

This is never going to be settled, because they are alot of different opinions out there.....

Revolver for me.....

My question is what departments/Chiefs are farking stupid enough to NOT allow their officers/troopers/deputies carry a BUG?.........might as well not allow them to wear a vest either.....
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
      This is never going to be settled, because they are alot of different opinions out there.....

Revolver for me.....

My question is what departments/Chiefs are farking stupid enough to NOT allow their officers/troopers/deputies carry a BUG?.........might as well not allow them to wear a vest either.....
      +10000

It's all about personal prefrence. Revolver for me too, of course that's what both of us started this career with for a duty weapon. I do prefer my auto for regular duty carry though. In fact I'm saving my pennies for a new Sig...
      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

If I might butt-in here, if deciding a backup firearm, I'd choose it based on my routes and patrol area etc. If there's a huge lake, consider that...

Comment

I carry a Sig as my primary now and I prefer a revolver as the backup but I keep leaning toward the semi auto because of capacity.

Comment

How about a revolver AND a semi.

ah HA!
            "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

During the summer months I tend to carry a J frame airweight Smith or my Kahr P40. It has nothing to do with capacity though because the Kahr is slim and only holds seven or eight rounds versus my five shot J frame with superior defensive ammo. The fact that it's a 40sw versus a 38special is more important to me than "capacity". I don't think capacity for "back up" or "life saving" self defense is as much an issue as the actual caliber is. I'd rather have a six or seven shot 40 or 45 than a eight or ten shot .380
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

I only carry my duty Glock 21 on me for now.

I plan on keeping my S/W Model 60 revolver in my war bag, where I can get to it. I might start keeping it on a boot holster, tho.
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Ruger LCP Not much room for anything else

Comment

I go with my baby glock because it has the same sights as the 21 so i dont have to train with two sight pictures.
                    METRO965

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
                      During the summer months I tend to carry a J frame airweight Smith or my Kahr P40. It has nothing to do with capacity though because the Kahr is slim and only holds seven or eight rounds versus my five shot J frame with superior defensive ammo. The fact that it's a 40sw versus a 38special is more important to me than "capacity". I don't think capacity for "back up" or "life saving" self defense is as much an issue as the actual caliber is. I'd rather have a six or seven shot 40 or 45 than a eight or ten shot .380
                      Also a great point!

Comment

My glock is my backup weapon... it buys me time to get to my AR-15
                        ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

This issue will never be settled because it's like asking everyone to agree on driving either a sedan or truck. Both have pros and cons that make them better suited to one aspect of driving versus another. The same goes for semi vs. j-frame BUGs.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                            My question is what departments/Chiefs are farking stupid enough to NOT allow their officers/troopers/deputies carry a BUG?.........
                            Ahem... I might know of one...
                            "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Do any of your departments require you to qualify on your BUG?
                              ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158286 users online. 127 members and 158159 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X