• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do-Gooder Harassed For Helping Cop

Unfortunately, this is from my hometown

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/N...Y&pageId=3.2.1

Do-Gooder Harassed For Helping Cop

Bystanders Rescue Officer, Find Baby Abandoned in Suspect's Car

He was simply doing a good deed by running to the aid of a Kansas City, Kansas police officer trapped in her car after an accident earlier this week.

But others in the man's KCK neighborhood don't seem to see it that way. The man said he wasn't expecting a reward or even a pat on the back for what he did, but being insulted and even threatened for simply trying to help has left him disappointed.

The man, who only wants to be identified as James, happened to be nearby Sunday night when he heard the three car collision near 34th and Webster that left a KCK cop injured. Even though the car was smoking and leaking gas and everyone else backed away, James rushed in to help.

But Monday night after James told his story on FOX 4, he started getting text messages, over 70 of them. James couldn't believe what they were saying.

"You working for the police now," James said. "Why did you save that cop, you don't help the police! Why you helping the police?"

The next day when he was running an errand James said it got even worse.

"Running to go get some juice for my son, and I hear something fly past my head, and I hear the word 'Snitch!' And I turned around," he said. "And I hear the rock hit the ground. I say, 'Man, that's a brick!'"

James said he's not scared by the reaction, just upset. And he's got something to say to those who are so mad that he stepped in to help.

"My main point I want to get out is to let them know that hey, I did what I had to do," he said. "Doesn't mean I'm working for the cops. Doesn't mean I'm a snitch. It doesn't mean anything. It just means I'm a decent human being that's trying to right."
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

This is so sad.

Sadly, there are more than a few in my neighborhood who would say this in the neighborhood buzz that goes around.

Gotta wonder, though -- since you can only receive text messages on a cell (as far as I know -- please correct this texting noob), how did whoever did this get his cell number?

And can't it be traced?

That's harassment.
    Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
    Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

That's so sad and messed up. Even if someone has a problem with the police, they should be able to look past the uniform when someone is in actual danger. That's just a humanity thing, the person's occupation shouldn't matter.

Comment

That's the type of people who are raised to believe that "the Man" is out to get them, that every time they fail and get in trouble it's somebody else's fault rather than their own.

Good for James for being decent enough to help a fellow person when their down, too bad others are too fixated on blaming others for their problems that they can't even recognize normal human compassion.

Comment

pretty effed up if I say so. He's the only person with enough balls to approach a potentially explosive car wreck and help out and all the half brains want to crucify him for it. Hope something good heads his way soon.
          "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
            This is so sad.

Sadly, there are more than a few in my neighborhood who would say this in the neighborhood buzz that goes around.

Gotta wonder, though -- since you can only receive text messages on a cell (as far as I know -- please correct this texting noob), how did whoever did this get his cell number?

And can't it be traced?

That's harassment.
            Ugh ....... please.
            Space for rent .........

Comment

This is so sad.

And can't it be traced?

That's harassment.
              It was probably his friends/neighbors/family who sent the text messages, so they knew his number.

I live less than a mile from where this occurred. The people in this part of town have no respect for police. You will never see me wearing my uniform around my house.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

deleted----
                Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 10-16-2008, 11:44 PM.
                'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

This is one reason I don't give out my cell number -- or I do to very few.

Of course, I live alone, so I can bounce my messages from my home phone when I am out. That doesn't work if there is someone else home who is waiting for calls.

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                  It was probably his friends/neighbors/family who sent the text messages, so they knew his number.

I live less than a mile from where this occurred. The people in this part of town have no respect for police. You will never see me wearing my uniform around my house.
                  Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                  Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                  A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

So what are the odds that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will come running in to defend James?

Honestly though, if they want to help the black community this is the sort of thing they should be involved with.

Comment

In some neighborhoods here, the people have stolen guns and wallets from unconscious officers involved in wrecks. Happens to citizens too. Of course, you know which neighborhoods this happens in.
                      The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

This is so sad.

And can't it be traced?

That's harassment.
                        And the sky is blue. What's your point?
                        Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                        Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

Thats terrible. How can people be so insensitive...

Comment

It's a shame that the good citizen who rescued the officer is getting more flak than the suspect who abandoned the baby in the car

Comment

There just appear to be a lot of black communities who are skeptical of the motives of police LT Dangle. They are typically those communities that do not have the same access to education and employment as more privileged areas. There is also the fact that only 60 years ago people were being blasted with fire hoses and attacked by police dogs for exercising their free speech rights.
                              -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4026 users online. 177 members and 3849 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X