300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockknife

My agency is looking at acquiring some Shockknife's to use during training. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product?

From what i have found on-line it seems like a perfect training tool as I know I can honestly say that when I got my training (a long time ago) - I grabbed the blade of the rubber training knife.
    " I've kicked more a** then you have kissed but I guess that's why your the chief"

Our class had just missed it ( the day after we were done with rubber knifes they came in). The Lt. had came by the next day to show us what they are. After it goes across your arm you think its been cut, but it isnt. You just get that feeling that it is being cut........
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

A buddy of mine is an Air Marshall and they use them for their training. I don't think the intent is to teach you to not grab the blade, it's more to let you know that you've been "cut" (which is going to happen in every knife fight). I think they also have variable settings to determine how much shock you get.
      "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cgh6366 View Post
        A buddy of mine is an Air Marshall and they use them for their training. I don't think the intent is to teach you to not grab the blade, it's more to let you know that you've been "cut" (which is going to happen in every knife fight). I think they also have variable settings to determine how much shock you get.
        i think it's safer to say there's a likelihood of being cut in EVERY knife fight. to say that you will get cut in every edged encounter is like saying all fights go to the ground. it's just not the case.

i've never gotten the chance to use the shock knife, but am VERY interested in getting a pair, i just wish they weren't so pricey

Comment

OK, I'll rephrase to cover that distant possibility:

If you go into fight involving a knife expecting to come out unscathed, know that in all likelihood you will be bandaging some wound at the end, even if you win.

For me, the best way to win a knife fight is from behind cover with 2 to the body - 2 to the head (we started training that way last year - we like to make sure you really stop).
          "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
          sigpic

Comment

Shock knifes do have an intensity adjustment. http://shocknife.com/info.html

Comment

we had them in our academy class...they could be a great training tool, but the exercises they let us use them in were so routine, NO ONE got shocked...everyone was able to block. The only shock we got was when they ran it across our arm, before we started training them, and it was no worse than static electricity. They sound worse than the are.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3278 users online. 167 members and 3111 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X