300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• store owner fatally shoots robber

he owner of a cellular phone store shot and killed a suspected robber Wednesday inside the northwest Harris County business, authorities said.

About 1:30 p.m., a man walked into the store in the 12000 block of Veterans Memorial near Antoine, pulled out a gun and tied up the owner, Harris County Sheriff's detectives said.

"He (the robber) was in the process of trying to disable the surveillance equipment when the owner was able to free himself,'' Sheriff's Sgt. Ben Beall said.

The owner grabbed his own pistol and began firing. The suspected robber died at the scene.

"The owner is fine. He was not injured,'' Beall said.

The dead man could be responsible for recent holdups of other cell phone stores in the area, Beall said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5956018.html
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

What is about those Texans that they just don't make good victims?
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

well...In H trown they are learning fast.
      First, Joe Horn did some thugs robbing a house.

Next, This Ladytook care of herself also.

lastly...This guy has saved his family. last is a video.

Its getting dangerous to be a stealing thung!!!
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

I heard about Joe Horn. It was very controversial. He probably would have been prosecuted in most states.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
          I heard about Joe Horn. It was very controversial. He probably would have been prosecuted in most states.
          It's refreshing to know that he was in the right!!
          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

+1 more to the good guys... screw robbers...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
              +1 more to the good guys... screw robbers...
              +1

Another notch on the post for the good guys!!
              The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
              George Carlin

Comment

no problems here.

Comment

I agree the Joe Horn case would have wen't differently in most states but I'm glad he got off. And it is always true justice when a crook gets his due. It's just a shame many in here don't look at people who do it for a living L.E.O in the same light when they do it instead video tape them and pick them apart on youtube as to how they were using excessive force or wen't over the line. But I'm glad in all those cases the citizens took care of their problem.
                  "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

That's just one less that a LE has to deal with in the future, and I can guarantee all that THAT thug won't be doing it again.

Comment

Nothing that can't be replaced or wont be missed in this story.

Comment

Why don't we have more happy ending stories like this one? .

Comment

Originally posted by juicesnn4e2
                          the other day we had a burglar in residense, and the first person there, were the men cuting the grass next door. so the 6 grass cutters chased the teen into the woods, caught him, roughed him up, and hog tied him with all their belts till we got there. whoo hooo for the good guys.
                          Were the "good guys" here legally?

Comment

Good for them, they took "Neighborhood Watch" to a new level.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                              Were the "good guys" here legally?
                              If they aren't, and they are willing to protect their fellow citizens instead of DWI or robbing people I hope they find their way to becoming a citizen ASAP. We need more people like that in this country.
                              -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3681 users online. 166 members and 3515 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X