X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • team green
    No Longer Active
    • Apr 2001

NOW supports child murderer

I am sure you are all familiar with the story of Andrea Yates, the Texas woman who brutally drowned her children a few months ago. NOW (National Organization for Women) is denouncing her arrest and claims she needs treatment for postpartum depression, rather than punishment. One of their resolutions reads as follows:

WHEREAS, in nations such as England, women involved in situations like the Texas tragedy would most likely be in medical facilities receiving treatment, not in jails being questioned about legal strategies; as is Texas' position on the death penalty, this criminal response to women who are ill is barbaric;

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that NOW affirms its long-standing opposition to the death penalty; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that NOW urge the press and the law enforcement community, including the judiciary, to consider tragedies of this sort in the full context of the nature of postpartum depression; and

This is so typical of that organization. A woman systematically murders her children, and NOW vehemently supports her "depression" and need for medical attention. They do not want Yates to face the death penalty because it is inhumane and brutal. Perhaps they forget how she chased down her 7 year old son, dragged him back to the bathroom, and drowned his flailing body next to that of his dead infant sister.

Sorry for the rant...when I read this, I was absolutely sick to my stomach. It is unfortunate we live in a society that puts the rights of child killers above those of innocent children.
  • blondie72
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2000

I agree. I fully support her recieving the death penalty.

Does anyone have any links to any stories about this?
    [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

• Mike Tx
      No Longer Active
      • Jul 2001

Here is one such link.

It just goes to show we really do live in a sick society when people support child killers. Many of these rabid organizations want nothing more than to furthar their own sick agenda regardless of the cost.

I not sure yet, but I have just about decided that we are screwed, as a society and a free country. One wack job after another comes down the pike, and it's like, "Hi buddy, welcome! We'll take you in and pay you the big bucks! Killed your kids? Don't sweat it. Nobdody will care in six weeks! But we'll make something on it."

Not in my opinion. Not by a long shot. I guess that why I get kicked off boards for disagreeing vehemetly with PC sickos and un-constitutional arguments.

Comment

• blondie72
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2000

Thanks for the link, Mike, it was an interesting read.

Yates may well have been suffering from postpartum psychosis. Although postpartum psychosis is rare, if she has a history of bipolar, this would increase her chances of developing it. Women with this disorder are a real danger to themselves, and their children. They are confused, agitated, they hallucinate, and are delusional. They need treatment, and should never be left home alone with the kids. The risk of suicide, and infanticide is high.

I understand that postpartum psychosis is mainly bio- chemical in nature, and that patients suffering with this disorder have extreme difficulties with reality testing. I think it's a crying shame that Yates symptoms were not spotted sooner, or that she did not recieve the help she so desperately needed. However, this does not change my stance on supporting the death penalty in her case.

There are infanticide laws in Europe, which allow the maximum sentence of manslaughter if a mother murders her child, before they reach their first birthday. I strongly disagree with these laws.

As a psychotherapist, I often find that I am alone amongst my collegues in supporting the death penalty, in some cases where the defense is "not guilty by reason of insanity".

IMO, the heinous nature of the crime sometimes supercedes the insanity defense.
        [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

• Mitzi
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2000

I support her getting the death penalty also. If she doesn't get that or life, is every woman going to be supported by NOW and receive a reduced setence because of her hormones? The vision of the oldest child knowing he was going to die breaks my heart. He fought as hard as his tiny body could.
          Who supports him and his rights?

Comment

• Mike Tx
            No Longer Active
            • Jul 2001

Mitzi, it's not politically correct to bring the victims into a passioned plea for a killer.

Comment

• Sparky
              Forum Rookie
              • Mar 2000

Lets put NOW in the same room with APSAC and see who wins best two out of three falls.

Ludicrous.

And thier strongest basis for thier position is that she would be getting treatment in a hospital if she were in Engalnd...excuse me! That's the best they could come up with?

Let me say this.....IF THEY DONT LIKE IT, THEY ARE FREE TO LEAVE!

Let them move to England if it's so much better there.

I don't think it's been established that she suffered from Post-partum Psychosis, has it? Just alot of speculation.

Here's why.... (SPARKY RANT SPARKY RANT)

No one wants to beleive that "normal" people are capable of such horrible things. This is like, jeez, how many HUNDREDS of people I have know who REFUSED to believe that thier pastor/troop leader/ youth minister/grandfather/wife/brother/neighbor/bababysitter/whathaveyou....could be resonsible for child abuse/sex abuse.

He just wouldn't DO that!

THAT isn't possible!

The children must all be lying.

Whatever the excuse is.....they just can't wrap their heads around the fact that there are some very sick, mean, twisted, greedy, self-absorbed people out there who do horrible nasty things to the most innocent people for no other reason than that they want to do them.

RANT MODE OFF
              -Sparky

Comment

• blondie72
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2000

You're right, Sparky, it hasn't been established that Yates suffered from postpartum psychosis. At this point, it's speculation as to whether her lawyer will try to build this into her defense plea.

I don't have enough information to make an educated guess, it's just conjecture.

But either way, (due to the incredibly heinous nature of her crime), I think she should recieve no less than the death penalty.

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: blondie72 ]

Comment

• team green
                  No Longer Active
                  • Apr 2001

Here is a link to the NOW article about this piece of crap.

NOW supports piece of crap child murderer

Also, here is another news article about NOW's forthcoming candlelight vigil for Yates and their assertion that THE FATHER IS JUST AS GUILTY AS HER!

candlelight vigil for piece of crap kid killer

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: team green ]

Comment

• Mike Tx
                    No Longer Active
                    • Jul 2001

They call it the Texas Tragedy. How quaint.

Comment

• Copper2be
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2001

Turn on the juice and get it over with!
                      Copper2be

Comment

• kd5hqd
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2000

Come on everyone, ya'll are forgetting it's Texas. The insanity plea doesn't work here, that's just a myth.

She'll get what's coming to her. It's just a matter of her "due process."

Kyle
                        KD5HQD

Comment

• kd5hqd
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2000

This whole deal has infuriated me so much, I just went to NOW's website and wrote a nice nasty letter with my opinions. I urge the rest of you to do the same, just to let them know what kind of disgust others feel about their stance.

"I personally find it horribly sickening that any organization would sympathize with the psychotic Andrea Yates. She brutally murdered, no wait....let me rephrase, brutally drowned, no....I like murdered better, her 5 young children, dragging one of them back to the bathroom to be drowned next to his sister. It hasn't even been proved yet by doctors that she even suffers from Postpartum depression, but your organization is very quick to form your own unprofessional self-proclaimed medical opinions. Furthermore, holding a candlelight vigil for this sick individual is a slap in the face to that woman's children's memory and to the justice system. There aren't enough death chambers in Texas to properly deal with this woman. Please feel free to respond to my message with your comments at [email protected] I would love to hear from you.

Sincerely,
                          Kyle T. Swarts"

actually, I feel it fell just short of nasty

Kyle
                          KD5HQD

Comment

• team green
                            No Longer Active
                            • Apr 2001

Great letter. Just watch, in the next few weeks, you will see how that Ukranian immigrant who killed his 6 relatives (including his 3 year old boy) will be villified by the press and political organizations, yet they will continue to support that piece of crap child murderer Andrea Yates.

Comment

• gazza
                              Forum Rookie
                              • Mar 2001

Child muderers, wish aussie had the death penalty still

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18306 users online. 29 members and 18277 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...