300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Criminal Justice degree?

Considering this is a community of professionals, I'm looking for a degree to give me a leg up in this profession. Just looking for credible schools, doesn't have to be the best. I just don't want anything dubious.

What do you guys recommend? Who do I need to stay away from?

I'm working on a Social Psych bachelors and a CJ Masters degree currently both are mostly online since I dont have the time anymore to drive three hours round trip or pay for the gas ....

Im going through local reputable universities that offer the programs mostly (if not all) online..... that might be an option for you because a LOT of universities offer the CJ program totally online I've found.

Just a note, the online classes can be a real pain in the butt since you dont have the ability to ask the teacher questions outside of email . . . . just allow time for A LOT of reading and online 'discussions'

If you dont want to do that, Ive heard that Capella is a good online university....but make sure theyre not going to make you go there .... with their PhD degree that I looked at they were going to make me be at their location 2 weeks each year.

Then there's University of Phoenix online which I've been told is okay.
    Last edited by cbr600_kitty; 08-20-2008, 11:27 AM.
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Check out University of Maryland University College

Legal Studies, Criminal Justice, and Public Safety
      Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
      Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
      A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

use the search feature. there are more than a few threads like this one already, and you will find more answers there, I think, than people will be willing to post again.

I got my masters online at Boston University, btw. I recommend it.

Comment

One thing to consider is accreditation. If the agencies you are interested in working for offer incentive pay or require degrees for employment, you might check what their requirements are.

Some employers want regional accreditation, which is the most recognized throughout the nation. Most state universities and colleges will have regional accreditation.

Some employers might require the school to be accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. You can check their web site for a list.

Some agencies don't really care and figure ANY education from ANY school is desirable.

The reason this is important is that you would probably hate to spend both time and money on something that the agency you end up with does not even recognize.
          Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

A search will turn up many threads on this topic. Boston Univ, Univ of Cinci, Bowling Green and Tiffin are some good regionally accredited schools that offer on-line degrees.

Comment

Athabasca University is Good to that is where I am currently enrolled in an Accounting Program very reputable.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5559 users online. 309 members and 5250 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X