300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price of gas made him do it

TYLER, Texas — A Tyler man accused of growing marijuana in an alleged cost-saving move is jailed on felony possession charges.

Bond is $15,000 for 55-year-old John Daniel Miller III, who remained in the Smith County Jail late Tuesday.

Sheriff's Sgt. Randal Hiller declined to release information on Miller, including whether he has an attorney following Monday's arrest.

Sheriff's Sgt. Randy Meadows told the Tyler Morning-Telegraph that a tip led officers to some rural property, where several cannabis plants — encircled by old tires — lined the driveway.

Deputies confiscated more than 70 plants worth about $100,000.

Meadows says Miller told deputies he knew they were coming "sooner or later" and he was cultivating his own cannabis because the cost of buying the illegal plant had gone up.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5954151.html
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

TOO FUNNY.
    a 55 YO smoking dope, then growing it cause of gas prices!!!

*ROTF*
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Comment

uh... maybe i'm going blind, but i don't see the mention of GAS prices anywhere in the article. WEED prices, yea, GAS prices.... i must be missin it

Comment

55 year old man, growing and responsibly smoking cannabis and is now a criminal, very sad. Legalize and tax it, nuff' said.

70 plants worth $100,000? In their dreams. I truly despise LE math when it comes to cannabis, they make it out to sound much bigger than what it is.

And yeah, where did you see gas mentioned? What are you smoking?
        Last edited by CajunController; 08-20-2008, 05:36 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158262 users online. 126 members and 158136 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X