Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this obsession with baby Caylee and other missing white girls???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this obsession with baby Caylee and other missing white girls???

With regards to just the Caylee case it's SICKENING the amount of attention she's getting. It seems like ALL the cable news shows plus some network TV are obsessed with this girl who obviously has quite a trashy mom.

For the Record, Nancy Grace, Larry King, Anderson Cooper, Dan Abrams. O'Reilly, etc., etc. have been overdosing on the case to the point of examining dust mites!!

I'll tell you WHY it's SICK SICK SICK and you won't disagree with me! There are THOUSANDS of other missing kids and adults so WHY does this girl get ALL the attention??? Caylee isn't better than any of the other kids!

As far as missing/murdered white girls/women getting more media attention that is well documented. There is even a name for it called "Missing white women Syndrome". It's VERY obvious attractive white girls get more attention. The hypocritical thing is the media keeps denying it eventhough it's so true.

Another young girl went missing, Chantel Nixon, in New York and was later found dead but there was much less coverage about her. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

P.S. This is in the LE topics forum because a LOT of LE are involved in this case.
    Last edited by Robocop007; 08-19-2008, 04:05 PM.

lets get upset at the media!

your wasting your time...
    "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

The police don't control what the media shows, the media shows what people will watch.

Maybe people prefer to see pictures of attractive white girls rather than ugly white girls? Who knows, but if it won't get ratings it won't be on television.

Don't you think the trashy mom, obviously deluded grandmother and the circumstances surrounding this particular case make it an atypical case and more interesting to the public?

Comment

Stranger abductions are rare events. The vast majority of abductions involve custody issues between parents. When "High risk" subjects (re: prostitutes/drug users) disappear, it isn't noticed among their associates for some time and regardless of their race, the media really doesn't care much about it because the public at large isn't concerned either.

The rarest event of all is the "good girl" who disappears without a clue and the unusual nature of the disappearance is what makes it newsworthy. It's "man bites dog" vs "dog bites man" that makes the news.
        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
          As far as missing/murdered white girls/women getting more media attention that is well documented. There is even a name for it called "Missing white women Syndrome". It's VERY obvious attractive white girls get more attention. The hypocritical thing is the media keeps denying it eventhough it's so true.

P.S. This is in the LE topics forum because a LOT of LE are involved in this case.
          Okay, you caught us. When we call the local media outlets and tell them which stories to cover, which victims to be like 'flys on a steaming pile' about, they hop to and git 'er done.

Odd thing is, they totally ignore our calls to squash the story when it's something that makes cops look bad. Ain't that the shizzle?

Alrighty, my progressive/liberal/lefty friend, we don't control what the media says or does. Who they will follow or ignore. Ask them and stop cryin' to us, will ya?
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadonaStick View Post
            The police don't control what the media shows, the media shows what people will watch.

Maybe people prefer to see pictures of attractive white girls rather than ugly white girls? Who knows, but if it won't get ratings it won't be on television.

Don't you think the trashy mom, obviously deluded grandmother and the circumstances surrounding this particular case make it an atypical case and more interesting to the public?
            But that's it though. This case is NOT that interesting at all. Laci Petersen was interesting since her husband, Scott, obvously was lying and hiding something and it didn't hurt that she was attractive.

Elizabeth Smart was girl who was abducted by a stranger in her own house i.e. something more of us can relate to.

But we can't relate to a redneck trashy woman who obviously doesn't care about her kid and did something to her. None of us her would hurt our kid (if we have one) like that.

Comment

Everyone has heard of Laci Petersen, the pregant mom who went missing. She was attractive and Caucasian although some may say she wasn't completely white.

Another pregnant WHITE lady, Amanda Johnson, went missing but she was a lardbucket so she didn't get anywhere near the media attention. She is STILL missing after 3 plus years!

So, the media execs are saying you not only have to be Caucasian but you have to look good too! LOL!

Comment

It's not a "white" thing. There's a thousands of other missing white kids who are missing and don't have media attention either.

But hey, it's obviously a race issue, right?

Comment

Because missing little black girls, Indian girls, Chinese girls, Jewish girls, oh and lets not forget illegal Mexican girls do not sell Wesson Oil, Cascade, McDonald’s and Verizon Phones!

The TV business is a business of selling stuff to the public and a ratings game.

You asked, hope you can handle the truth.

Comment

----------------------------
                    Last edited by Columbus; 08-19-2008, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marky Mark
                      You're right about missing white kids getting more attention, but as far as THOUSANDS MISSING? Uh, not really. I attended an FBI briefing about a year ago, and the agent stated that there were about fifty (50) true "Stranger Abductions" in a year, may be slightly over 100 in a bad year. That's out of 250,000,000 people in the U.S. A child is much more likely to die swimming or playing little league baseball. The rest of the "missing" are either teenage runaways, or are 'abducted' by non-custodial parents.

Some advocacy groups claim 25-50,000 child kidnaps per year. That doesn't add up. That would be 100-200 children kidnapped in every major metropolitan area (1mil+ population) in America, every year.
                      Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't let the PPMDAAA (Paranoid Panicky Mother - Dramatic Arts Association of America) know that. They'll have to find something else to get all worked up about and ruin for the rest of us, like guns in the home, DDT, fireworks, mandatory bicycle helmets, oddly-named but harmless chemicals in foods, nuked foods......oh, wait.....never mind, too late.

Besides, all of our "I would-be out there crushing crime if I could, guys" community relations officers have to have something to do like fingerprinting kids, giving safety lectures, etc.
                      Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-19-2008, 10:03 PM.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Id Be Damned If I Ever Complained About A Missing Kid Getting Attention.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT Dangle View Post
                          Because missing little black girls, Indian girls, Chinese girls, Jewish girls, oh and lets not forget illegal Mexican girls do not sell Wesson Oil, Cascade, McDonald’s and Verizon Phones!

The TV business is a business of selling stuff to the public and a ratings game.

You asked, hope you can handle the truth.
                          Your truth, perhaps. Funny, but I see minorities quite often in commercials. On Spanish-speaking TV commercials there are lots of Mexican girls. You may be correct about Indian girls, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Robocop007
                            But that's it though. This case is NOT that interesting at all. Laci Petersen was interesting since her husband, Scott, obvously was lying and hiding something and it didn't hurt that she was attractive.

Elizabeth Smart was girl who was abducted by a stranger in her own house i.e. something more of us can relate to.

But we can't relate to a redneck trashy woman who obviously doesn't care about her kid and did something to her. None of us her would hurt our kid (if we have one) like that.
                            Actually, that is what makes it interesting. We understand our own lives; we can't understand her.

Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
                            Everyone has heard of Laci Petersen, the pregant mom who went missing. She was attractive and Caucasian although some may say she wasn't completely white.

Another pregnant WHITE lady, Amanda Johnson, went missing but she was a lardbucket so she didn't get anywhere near the media attention. She is STILL missing after 3 plus years!

So, the media execs are saying you not only have to be Caucasian but you have to look good too! LOL!
                            Honestly, all things being equal, given a choice between looking at an attractive woman versus looking at a woman who could do stand-in work for Shamu, I'll take the attractive woman every time.

Actually, given a choice between watching an attractive woman with a boring story and said Shamu with a gripping story, I'd still pick the attractive woman every time.

You caught me, I'm shallow.

Comment

Actually, given a choice between watching an attractive woman with a boring story and said Shamu with a gripping story, I'd still pick the attractive woman every time.

You caught me, I'm shallow.
                              Great, now you're going to give the rest of us a bad name!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3579 users online. 134 members and 3445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X