• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another STUPID parent /Taser story

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=8860650

Mother Angry after Police Tasered Son
    By: CJ Cassidy

SIKESTON, Mo. - Tasers have been the subject of controversy ever since police departments began using them.

Now a Sikeston woman claims an officer didn't stop to listen to her before he tased her 16-year-old mentally challenged son.

Police can't talk a lot about the case becaSikeston police say it only lasted five seconds because a taser shuts off automatically after that. They also say the officer only used it once.

"When you tell an officer you're not going to do what he wants you to do, you subject yourself to being tased," Chief Drew Juden said.

He points out the video does not show the officer tasing the teen. Rather it shows him standing over the teen afterward.

"This particular case found no wrong doing, but the officer, he followed policy and procedure," Juden said.

Kendrick Robinson admits he's been in trouble with the law before and he probably made some mistakes the day this happened.

"I was being a donkey that day. I shouldn't have stopped the car, and I was actually questioned, and raised my voice," he said.

But even a letter from police saying an investigation shows no wrongdoing isn't enough to convince Tammy Robinson it was justified.

"He had no reason to tase him," she said.

Robinson says she doesn't want any money or an apology from police. She just wants them to go in for more training.

Chief Juden tells Heartland News in any given situation it's up to an officer to decide when he or she needs to use force.

use it involves a juvenile.

However, the teen and his mother were more than ready to speak out, especially because they say the whole thing was caught on tape.

"It would have been my word against theirs you know," said Tammy Robinson. She says cell phone video shows her son Kendrick being tasered by a police officer
    It happened back in July, when the officer in question showed up to check on a burglary alarm going off at the house next to the Robinson's.

"I'm standing here, and can't do anything for my child. It hurt me. It took a toll mentally on my family," Robinson said.

Robinson says it was especially hard because her son has mental problems himself.

"He has explosive behavior, impulse controlled behavior and he's bipolar," she said.

Kendrick Robinson says he thought the shock would kill him.

"It felt like an hour to me," Kendrick saidSikeston police say it only lasted five seconds because a taser shuts off automatically after that. They also say the officer only used it once.

"When you tell an officer you're not going to do what he wants you to do, you subject yourself to being tased," Chief Drew Juden said.

He points out the video does not show the officer tasing the teen. Rather it shows him standing over the teen afterward.

"This particular case found no wrong doing, but the officer, he followed policy and procedure," Juden said.

Kendrick Robinson admits he's been in trouble with the law before and he probably made some mistakes the day this happened.

"I was being a donkey that day. I shouldn't have stopped the car, and I was actually questioned, and raised my voice," he said.

But even a letter from police saying an investigation shows no wrongdoing isn't enough to convince Tammy Robinson it was justified.

"He had no reason to tase him," she said.

Robinson says she doesn't want any money or an apology from police. She just wants them to go in for more training.

Chief Juden tells Heartland News in any given situation it's up to an officer to decide when he or she needs to use force.

"He has explosive behavior, impulse controlled behavior and he's bipolar," she said.

Um, that makes him an officer safety issue.
    I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

Reminds me of when Paul Childs was shot four times in July 2003 in the doorway of his Denver home after his family called 911 and said the boy was threatening his mother with a knife. Officer James Turney, who fired the fatal shots, said the boy refused to drop the knife.

NOTE TO PARENTS: Do not call the police if you don't want them to do their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by LT Dangle View Post

NOTE TO PARENTS: Do not call the police if you don't want them to do their jobs.
        Another note: Do not call the police if you prefer to be killed.

Comment

If a person is a threat to police, they get tased. He's lucky it isn't the good old days - he would have been shot. A mental condition doesn't give you a free pass to misbehave, create a dangerous situation or fail to follow lawful instructions.

I have no idea what the young man was doing, what his mother was doing, what the officer was doing or what instructions the young man had been given. The story is a little thin on details.

Comment

Son gets tased but is fine, admits he had been in the wrong, after reviewing the incident everyone agrees that the officer did nothing wrong, mother doesn't think he should've been tased, but isn't asking for money or an apology.

So the moral of this story is...

Must've been a slow news day.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ChiCity View Post
              So the moral of this story is....
              ....that it happened in Sikeston. For me, that just about explains it right there.

Comment

I'm not convinced Tasers are safe. To get angry though that officers responded to a threat is ridiculous. They aren't going to perform the job of a father, they are going to perform the job of police officer.
                -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by Tunkle View Post

Um, that makes him an officer safety issue.
                  Those are also all conditions that are primarily diagnosed by talking to the kid and the therapist deciding he has them. He could just be acting like a normal spoiled brat who hasn't been taught self-control and get labeled with them. I've seen lots of teens get labeled with bipolar or "lack of impulse control" when really it's just normal teen moodiness and rebellion.

Mentally challenged is different. My schizophrenic brother is mentally challenged. If anything I would WANT the police to tase my brother. Physically trying to restrain him is dangerous for both parties involved and using a gun isn't acceptable if there is a less lethal option.

But I have to agree, Slow news day

Comment

Why would you post something stupid? Are you intentionally trying to waste my time, I guess that's why I'm here right now, though.
                    "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

The circumstances are not explained.

That in itself is dubious justification. If there is only passive non-compliance and no threat (and I do not know whether that was the case here), most agencies would not authorize taser use.
                      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4564 users online. 268 members and 4296 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X