300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Grandma makes burglar call 911

LAKE LYNN, Pa. -- An 85-year-old great-grandmother from Lake Lynn, Fayette County kept an alleged burglar at bay using a .22-caliber pistol.

According to police, a 17-year-old suspect was attempting to burglarize Leda Smith overnight.

That's when Smith grabbed her gun and told the teen that she would shoot him if he moved, police said.

"I had the gun on him before he turned around and said, 'you've had it,' " Smith told Channel 11-News.

According to police, Smith ordered the boy to dial 911 and then gave him some advice.

"Dial 911 and don't attempt to throw the phone at me, or do anything bad or i'll just shoot you," Smith said.

When police arrived, they took the teen into custody.

Charges have been filed against the boy and an alleged accomplice.
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/17223812/detail.html

LMAO thats hilarious!
    Hes gonna have a hard time tellin his buddies what happened.... :P
    "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
    Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
    Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

That's great, he thought he had an easy mark with an old lady. She is fortunate that it went in her favor, with the increasing amount of incidents involving the elderly getting beat up by scumbags.
      Last edited by safetyallday; 08-19-2008, 11:45 AM.
      It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

No crooks should mess with this grandma.

Comment

I can't believe they let old women own guns! That is just unLiberal like!

She should have just laid down, given up, and allowed him to rape and kill her! She could have hurt that poor young victim of society!

Death to any old woman who believes in standing up for themselves!!!

That's what the government is for!!!
          Airborne Cops are closer to God.
          Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperCopper View Post
            I can't believe they let old women own guns! That is just unLiberal like!
            Says who?

She should have just laid down, given up, and allowed him to rape and kill her! She could have hurt that poor young victim of society!

Death to any old woman who believes in standing up for themselves!!!
            HA! Feminists have been arguing for generations that women can and should stand up for themselves. That's why we encourage women to take self-defense classes, to leave violent relationships and help the system prosecute their abusers, to stand up against rapists so they can be prosecuted and brought to justice, to educate and train themselves for employment that will enable them to be self-reliant so they don't have to stay in abusive relationships in order to survive economically...a whole long list of other means of standing up for oneself.

And I have no problem with granny using a gun in this situation. More power to her!

That's what the government is for!!!
            Well, granny here still needs the government. She needs the government to provide the emergency communications system (911), to answer the 911 call, to arrest these burglars, to prosecute them, and to put them in jail.

That's what government is for.
            Last edited by rubyrose; 08-19-2008, 01:14 PM.
            Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
            Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
            A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

I have this nagging feeling that ChopperCopper was just being facetious...
              Experience is a hard teacher. First comes the test, then comes the lesson.

Blonde isn't a moment, it's a way of life!

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
                Says who?

HA! Feminists have been arguing for generations that women can and should stand up for themselves. That's why we encourage women to take self-defense classes, to leave violent relationships and help the system prosecute their abusers, to stand up against rapists so they can be prosecuted and brought to justice, to educate and train themselves for employment that will enable them to be self-reliant so they don't have to stay in abusive relationships in order to survive economically...a whole long list of other means of standing up for oneself.

And I have no problem with granny using a gun in this situation. More power to her!

Well, granny here still needs the government. She needs the government to provide the emergency communications system (911), to answer the 911 call, to arrest these burglars, to prosecute them, and to put them in jail.

That's what government is for.
                Eh, she had him at gunpoint so I don't think she needed the government. She was just being nice. If there was no 911 I'm sure all she would have needed would be a bullet and some paper towels.

Man, I love this story.

Comment

Well, in that case, unless she intended to bury the two in her back yard (at 85 she would have needed help with that), she would still have needed someone to get the body, do an autopsy, and to conduct an investigation to determine whether or not her story was true. And then someone to bury the kids.

Not to mention that she also would have needed some psych care to deal with her PTSD for having killed two kids, regardless of what their intent toward her was, especially since it wasn't murder.

The world is made of better people than are dreamt of in your imagination, thank goddess.

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                  Eh, she had him at gunpoint so I don't think she needed the government. She was just being nice. If there was no 911 I'm sure all she would have needed would be a bullet and some paper towels.

Man, I love this story.
                  Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                  Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                  A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Stop or my mom will shoot! Anyone remember that horrid Ahnold movie?

Comment

Originally posted by lionheartednyhc View Post
                      Stop or my mom will shoot! Anyone remember that horrid Ahnold movie?
                      I think that was a Stallone movie, or was that Throw Momma From The Train? ... horrid is right though, lol.
                      There is nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                        Exactly ...

Comment

Look's like she is really ready to play now...

I kid, I kid.....

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post

Look's like she is really ready to play now...

I kid, I kid.....
                            Lol, where's your M203 granny?

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
                              Well, in that case, unless she intended to bury the two in her back yard (at 85 she would have needed help with that), she would still have needed someone to get the body, do an autopsy, and to conduct an investigation to determine whether or not her story was true. And then someone to bury the kids.

Not to mention that she also would have needed some psych care to deal with her PTSD for having killed two kids, regardless of what their intent toward her was, especially since it wasn't murder.
                              The world is made of better people than are dreamt of in your imagination, thank goddess.
                              Very few that use deadly force actually get PTSD.....it is FAR less common than the hand wringing media likes to claim.....

And from her statements on the incident, Grandma doesnt sound like much of a sheep..... That would have been a VERY short investigation.....
                              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4202 users online. 298 members and 3904 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X