Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scenario: 15 year old kills his step father and mother...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario: 15 year old kills his step father and mother...

I was searching Frontline episodes from the PBS web-site in search of the episode about the gang members that were in the LAPD. I stumbled across an episode about children who killed their parents, some of them heinously. My logic has always been that if someone kills another person, the suspect deserves the most severe and harshest penalty possible by the law.

In the Frontline episode "When Kids Get Life" the first story was about a 15 year old who killed his step father and mother. The (15 year old at the time of the crime) was charged with 1st degree murder and sentenced to prison for life without the possibility of parole.

Here's the catch 22, the step-father had been sexually abusing the boy since a young age and the mother (he claimed) knew all about it. This individual reacted towards the very person who was sexually abusing him.

Is life in prison w/o the possibility of parole too harsh of a punishment to an individual who had no other place to go, other than to a house where he was sexually abused?

Now granted, the story and the facts could be twitched and there could be lies, but assuming everything was true, what do you think?

At 15 he could have done alot of other things rather than killing them. If the circumstances were exigent, like another abuse session or something I am sure that would have come into play in the charging/sentencing. So you are left with a retalitory act, where he had other options. Contacting the authorities, a school counselor, DFS, or others. I can't say I don't empathize, but that is why there is a legal system, juries, and all that, to weigh the facts and circumstances in each case to determine what should be done. It is a lot more likely that someone get off scott free, than unfairly convicted. As far as feeling like an abuser got what they deserved, that is not really the topic at hand. So I will leave it at saying I would not loose any sleep for a sexual abuser or a knowing silent witness who get's what's coming...

Comment

If Step-Dad is about to cornhole him, I could see deadly force being justified (in most jurisdictions its legal to kill to prevent rape) but unless mom was actively participating in the sexual abuse, I can't see whacking her stupid arse too. That's just vengeance and would be worth a life sentence all by itself.
      (They did this one on Law and Order way back in the stone age.)
      sigpic
      Don't make me gassy.
      You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicGuy View Post
        If Step-Dad is about to cornhole him, I could see deadly force being justified (in most jurisdictions its legal to kill to prevent rape) but unless mom was actively participating in the sexual abuse, I can't see whacking her stupid arse too. That's just vengeance and would be worth a life sentence all by itself.
        (They did this one on Law and Order way back in the stone age.)
        You mean it's not legal to use deadly force to prevent rape in some places? Wow...

Comment

It's probably not legal to use deadly force to prevent deadly force in some places...

Comment

Originally posted by ComicGuy View Post
            If Step-Dad is about to cornhole him
            Looked all over the codebook for this one and couldn't find it
            sigpic
            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

I can guess at the case your talking about. It happened in my town. The Sexual assault was just a ploy by a volunteer to get some sympathy for the Killer. I know many of he Detectives that handled and advised on this case as well as CO's that guarded the Killer. I was a rookie when it happened. That kid was a psychotic little freak. He killed his parents for the heck of it.
              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I might have reacted similarly if I were the 15-year old. But I would expect life in prison or the death penalty.

Comment

Monkeybomb, judging by your posts I always assumed you were in your upper twenties to mid thirties, based on that and your state, this is probably the same case I'm we're talking about here that happened in your town.

I also suspected that the rapes and sexual assaults were stories made up because the older brother who testified in court said he contacted social services long ago about it but they did nothing. However, SS denied that it had been contacted.

Comment

From my recollection the killer never mentioned it to the defense attorneys. He mentioned it to a person they hired to talk to him. There was some suspicion that his brother was also in the plot to kill both parents but the there was no proof. He had hired a friend to kill his Mom and Stepdad. The friend botched trying to kill them in their sleep and the Son finished the job by shooting both of them. While in jail the son tried to have his hired hitman killed when he bonded out before him.
                    He is a wackjob but was very adamant that it was because his mother was a cruel woman more so than any alleged sexual abuse. I have a theory on the sex abuse thing. From what I have read the accusations by the older brother. It mirrors sexual abuse that happened to one of their school mates. The parents were both sexually assaulting both children in the exact manner described by the older brother and denied by the Killer. I'm guessing older brother knew the kids who actually were sexually abused and used their story. The parents of the other kids were arrested in 93. I'm guessing they pled because I don't remember any trial or a great amount of publicity.

Here is a lengthy story from 1998 about it. It hits the story from several different angles. Not a bad read for varying opinions on this case.

The case really peaked my interest as it happened very close to where I was living. Just in case any one is wondering i had nothing to do with the case. So I don't have any great insight into the case other than I followed it very closely and knew alot of people involved from the community and law enforcement at the time.

http://www.westword.com/1998-03-19/n...d-mrs-johnson/
                    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Yeah, the testimony of the brother sounds false too, thanks for the read.

It's funny how they mention "clean-freak mom" as if that is a good reason for her to be killed.

Comment

Here's the catch 22, the step-father had been sexually abusing the boy since a young age and the mother (he claimed) knew all about it. This individual reacted towards the very person who was sexually abusing him.
                        Kind of hard to prove or disprove this now with the two others involved dead.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4492 users online. 319 members and 4173 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X