Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It doesn't always have a happy ending...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't always have a happy ending...

Damn, this sucks poor guy running his business and was killed like that...At least he took one of them out,he fought back...

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miam...ry/644409.html

MIAMI GARDENS

Miami Gardens arcade owner killed in robbery attempt
    A video arcade store owner shot and killed a gunman, but he was shot and killed himself by another of three robbers.
    Posted on Sat, Aug. 16, 2008

BY DAVID OVALLE
    [email protected]
    Even after he was robbed twice earlier, gamer Corey Robinson loved his job managing Multi-Vest Video Games in Miami Gardens.

He died defending the store.

Robinson, 25, shot and killed one of three robbers Friday morning, but not before he was mortally wounded in the firefight.

''I'm 56 years old and retired. I never thought I'd live to see when I'd have to bury my own child,'' said his father, Michael Robinson.

Miami-Dade homicide detectives late Friday were hunting for the remaining two gunmen, now wanted for a double homicide.

Investigators had no description of them.

One was believed to possibly have escaped in a ''gold vehicle,'' according to Miami-Dade police spokesman Robert Williams.

The second may have run away.

The shooting left Robinson's family shattered, patrons fuming and one co-worker in tears.

''I was supposed to work this morning,'' said visibly shaken Shasta Gibson, 22, a trainee under Robinson. ``But I work another job. I worked late last night and didn't come until now.''

GUNFIGHT AT NOON

Gibson called his trainer a ``real good dude.''

The gunfight unfolded just before noon at a sprawling strip mall on Miami Gardens Drive and Northwest Seventh Avenue, which houses, among other business, an auto tag agency, two liquor stores and an evangelical church.

Robinson, an avid gamer since he was young, was a co-owner of the small video game store, his family said. ''That was his whole world,'' said uncle Willie Dixon.

He had twice been robbed there, according to his father.

One parishioner at the next-door church, New Life Fellowship Center & Ministry International, remembered Robinson was shaken when a gunman robbed him about five months ago.

''They took about $300,'' said church member Ramon Smith. ``It affected him real bad. That's why he put the bars on the door and stuff.''

Robinson had begun closing the shop earlier to prevent night-time robberies.

On Friday, however, the gunmen struck just before noon, as shoppers braved a stifling heat, some heading for lunch at a nearby Jamaican restaurant.

Detectives were still trying to piece together what happened. But three men stormed the cramped store. One did not leave -- Robinson shot him dead right in front of the counter.

His name was not released.

Who exactly shot Robinson remained unclear as investigators interviewed witnesses, dusted a beat-up light brown Mercury for fingerprints and examined a bullet hole left in the window of the church.

SHOT TWICE

''I am told he was shot two times in the back,'' said Robinson's father.

His son was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital. Doctors could not revive him. Somebody, presumably the robbers, left a black duffel bag in front of the store.

A Miami-Dade detective, his hands in blue gloves, crouched and carefully pulled out another blue bag from inside.

Anyone with information can call Miami-Dade's homicide bureau at 305-471-2400 or Miami-Dade CrimeStoppers at 305-471-TIPS.

sigpic

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5888 users online. 346 members and 5542 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X