300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding video

I am teaching a short block of instruction our Use of Force policy. I want to find some video to show a few examples, good and bad. I have found plenty examples of excessive force, and several of appropriate force. I also want an example or two of not enough force to gain control of a suspect, or where force should have been used sooner.

thanks

HOw about you include some where it shows a female cop getting in and getting dirty... Now those are hard to find!!

You will find a lot of them where the female cop paces back and forth not sure what to do looking as tho she doesn't want to break a nail, you will find more where she OC's everyone in the pile and then there are those where she just stands and watches!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not sure if this would be what you are looking for, but the dashcam video of the murder of Deputy Kyle Dinkheller is a prime example of how hesitation to use force can kill you
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Being that I wasn't here, and especially since I'm not a police officer and don't have the slightest clue, this video, considering this guy DID have a gun, it seems like he maybe should've been taken down quicker

http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...D05F9AAE843DB8

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
          Being that I wasn't here, and especially since I'm not a police officer and don't have the slightest clue, this video, considering this guy DID have a gun, it seems like he maybe should've been taken down quicker

WOW.....somebody needs a major refresher in officer safety.....it looks like the one officer is trying to hold the weapon in the suspects waistband while they are dancing around with him......good way to get killed.....
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I'm not sure what I was just watching.

And I've seen the Dinkheller video. That's a movie I don't care to ever see again.
            Last edited by Looker; 08-16-2008, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              WOW.....somebody needs a major refresher in officer safety.....it looks like the one officer is trying to hold the weapon in the suspects waistband while they are dancing around with him......good way to get killed.....

Yeah I got that one on my list. I like how all the future inmates are screaming in the background about brutality, meanwhile I am thinking "When are they going to stop playing with him." Of course punching him in the face with a gun in the other hand is a good way to shoot yourself or your partner.

The Dinkheller video would be good, but a bit "deeper" than I want to get into in the time I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post

That's scary right there.

I was picturing the whole time in my head where he pulled a gun out and starts popping them off in every direction.

The guy toward the end made me laugh "Dey beatin' dat boy an he ain't even di' nothin'"
                -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                  Not sure if this would be what you are looking for, but the dashcam video of the murder of Deputy Kyle Dinkheller is a prime example of how hesitation to use force can kill you
                  x100000000...that video makes me want to throw up everytime I watch it
                  Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Man, I had a feeling something wasn't done right.

From what I understand, he brandished a gun and it was taken from him and was on the ground or something.

Yikes, I'm surprised he wasn't shot after brandishing the gun and I'm surprised he wasn't taken down much quicker than that, he may have had another gun and one of the former and/or future prison mates could have grabbed the gun which was on the ground, which appeared to have been the case for a moment there when the black officer told him to drop that S*** and then he repeated using another expletive, which seemed like it actually helped for that moment so that individual understood exactly what it he meant and he wasn't playing games. Another thing is, the suspect could have grabbed the officer's gun, thankfully no one was hurt (I mean no good guy was hurt).
                    Last edited by Sarkis; 08-16-2008, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Anyone know what the guy in the white tee was picking up when the officer yelled for him to put it down? im guessing dope or something.
                      "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                        Anyone know what the guy in the white tee was picking up when the officer yelled for him to put it down? im guessing dope or something.
                        I read somewhere that the gun that the individual they were dancing around with was on the ground, I sure hope it wasn't the gun.

Comment

Double post.
                          Last edited by lpstopper; 08-19-2008, 03:10 AM. Reason: Double Post

Comment

Originally posted by LT Dangle View Post
                            HOw about you include some where it shows a female cop getting in and getting dirty... Now those are hard to find!!

You will find a lot of them where the female cop paces back and forth not sure what to do looking as tho she doesn't want to break a nail, you will find more where she OC's everyone in the pile and then there are those where she just stands and watches!!!!!!!!!!
                            Not really Force, but this F/O controlled the suspect pretty good.
                            http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...731D2264034217

Heres one in an OIS.
                            http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...6AC8FE85081985

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                              Not really Force, but this F/O controlled the suspect pretty good.
                              http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...731D2264034217

Heres one in an OIS.
                              http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...6AC8FE85081985
                              Hey, I've posted comments on both those videos .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6018 users online. 325 members and 5693 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X