300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Shaken to death

Two former alcoholics marry, and the father allegedly shakes the baby to death, not once but twice. The first time should have been the hint to leave the marriage and have the man arrested. The article itself leaves me speechless, normally, I would say whatever it is to say for the perp. to be punished but words can't describe the feeling.

This is what sent chills down my spine:

Just 12 weeks later, he was bathed in warm water minutes after he quietly died in his mother's arms, the victim of shaken baby syndrome. Camryn's 9-year-old sister, Tabatha, asked why he needed a bath now.

"We have to get him ready to go to Jesus," a nurse softly replied. Tabatha took up a sponge to help.
    URL: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/15/...aby/index.html

Article:

CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio (CNN) -- Camryn Jakeb Wilson was bathed in TV lights the day he was born, celebrated on the local news as Summit County's 2008 New Year's baby after his arrival at 12:33 a.m. on January 1.

Just 12 weeks later, he was bathed in warm water minutes after he quietly died in his mother's arms, the victim of shaken baby syndrome. Camryn's 9-year-old sister, Tabatha, asked why he needed a bath now.

"We have to get him ready to go to Jesus," a nurse softly replied. Tabatha took up a sponge to help.

Camryn's father, Craig R. Wilson, 28, of Cuyahoga Falls, is scheduled for a pretrial hearing on murder and other charges August 20. Police say he confessed to shaking and squeezing the infant after arguing with his wife, Crystal Wilson.

But he has pleaded not guilty to all the charges and faces trial in September.

"There are no excuses for this to happen to any baby," Crystal Wilson, 26, told CNN. "This is murder. He had no reason to die. He died because he cried."

An innocent infant's violent death has destroyed a family. Video Watch the family celebrate Camryn's birth »

"It really is a tragedy," said Craig Wilson's defense attorney, Jonathan T. Sinn. "I mean, not only did Crystal and Craig lose a son, but Crystal lost a husband, and Craig's parents lost a son and a grandson. ... One day this was a happy, perfect family, and the next day it's been devastated."

The National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome estimates as many as 1,400 babies annually are injured or killed by shaking.

According to the center, 70 percent to 79 percent of people convicted of killing or hurting babies are men. The average age of perpetrators is 24, and 82 percent are either the parent of the victim or the live-in boyfriend of the mother.

Craig Wilson and Crystal Twiddy, both recovering alcoholics, met about four years ago in a softball league popular with Alcoholics Anonymous members. The couple beamed in engagement photos shot in a garden setting before they were married last September. It was the first marriage for both.

Craig, the machinist son of the Cuyahoga Falls High School wrestling coach and a former Mat Cats wrestler himself, became a father figure to Tabatha, Crystal's daughter from a previous relationship.

That does suck and you always hate to hear about things like this. I saw something pretty darn disgusting a few years back, an ambulance brought a mother and her infant into out facility because the infant’s father had decided it would be ok to discipline the child by using a clothing iron on the child’s backside. Not once but twice for good measure.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I hope that he gets "shaken" in prison.
      There are really no words to say what I want with out a vacation from Frank!
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

"It really is a tragedy," said Craig Wilson's defense attorney, Jonathan T. Sinn. "I mean, not only did Crystal and Craig lose a son, but Crystal lost a husband, and Craig's parents lost a son and a grandson. ... One day this was a happy, perfect family, and the next day it's been devastated."
        NOW WHO'S F'IN FAULT IT THAT!!!! I F'IN HATE DEFENSE ATTORNEYS!!!

I hope that he gets "shaken" in prison.
        Belive you me....he will. Funny thing..."inmate justice".
        The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
        Ronald Reagan

Comment

GOD stories like these just eat you inside. so sad.

Comment

Not the baby. I hate alcoholics having families.

Comment

My beat area used to emcompass the Phoenix Children's Hospital....I was there weekly sometimes on a nightly basis for abuse calls, molestation calls, you name it...To remain professional with these parents after seeing what they did to thier kids was the hardest thing I've ever had to do on the job. I once had to watch a 3 month old die after sustaining injuries that the doctor described as sudden deceleration injury....something you would recieve if you were driving your vehicle with the seatbelt on and hitting a wall at 50 mph. The kids injuries were all internal, no outside marks and the parents had no reasonable excuse for how it happened...I can remember the Dad crying and saying to myself "well that's about the fakest crying I've ever heard". I love kids and seeing crap like that just makes me lose all hope for society. If I ever become King I'm making a law that you need to be licensed to have kids and thoes deemed unworthy get sterilized.

Comment

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
                If I ever become King I'm making a law that you need to be licensed to have kids and thoes deemed unworthy get sterilized.
                +1
                This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

As frustrated, as angry, as irritated as I get at my children sometimes, I can not fathom the thought process that goes through people's heads to do these kinds of things to small children.

I admit that I lose my temper and yell sometimes when I shouldn't, but to shake a child to the point of death???? Take an iron to a child's back???? Beat a child to death? What kind of sick mind do these parents have to have to be able to do something like this?
                  http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I was riding with an officer back when I was an explorer when a call popped up of a child being beaten in the middle of a busy grocery store. When we arrived the man was leaving with a 4 or 5 year old kid in tow and a trail of about 4 people all pointing and yelling at him. The kid had a huge egg sized bump protruding from his head. The trauma, to me, looked like it was just short of causing skull fracturing. I was enraged but I tended to the kid while the officer put the father in handcuffs. Here he is being handcuffed and wailing "I'm the only one he's got!" over and over.

When we got back to the station he was checked for "critters" and they checked into whether he in fact hand any other family members to take care of him. His father was right. He was the only one around to take care of him . I can only imagine he quickly became a ward of the state. I never have been able to figure what could possess a person to do that to a little kid. Every kid cries. It's in our nature when we are young and don't know anything. A baby crying does so out of pure instinct. It usually indicates it's needs aren't being met or it is in pain or fear. Fast forward a couple years kids live in the here and now and not getting a toy or something is like the end of the world sometimes. It's just a simple fact.
                    -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by nogginbuster24 View Post
                      Not the baby. I hate alcoholics having families.
                      There was no mention in the article that anyone involved was drunk or consuming alcohol. It was mentioned that they are recovering alcoholics.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3638 users online. 145 members and 3493 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X